Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightclubs in county Kildare

• 26-11-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all,

I'm doing some research on nightclubs in Kildare for a new clubbing website. I'm trying to compile a complete list, so far I have...

Time
    Tigerlily
    Ozone
    Fizz
    D La
    Swifts
    Rapture
    whitewater

Am i missing anything obvious? It can be really difficult to find information!

The new site is www.ClubbersGuideIreland.com by the way.

Thanks for your help,

Gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

Gareth01 wrote: »
    Am i missing anything obvious?

Your missing nothing at all believe you me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Theres that new one in the Bauhaus in Naas, I think its called Cinne Bar or something.

Isnt there a club in the Glenroyal in Maynooth as well, or did I imagine that...?

Its actually depressing when you read that list and realise how bad the clubs in this county are...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Fizz is the one in Maynooth.

If it was any sort of real clubbers "guide", you'd tell your clubbers to skip Kildare altogether :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

djimi wrote: »
    Isnt there a club in the Glenroyal in Maynooth as well, or did I imagine that...?
    No there was a club in the Glenroyal I think it is still there not sure though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Club Fizz (Which the OP listed) is the one in the Glenroyal, in Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

What about The Court in Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gareth01

Can't be that bad in Kildare, can it? You do have Time venue, award winning club and all!!!

You should check out the Loais page if you think Kildare is bad!! :D poor blighters!

I'll try and find info on Cinne Bar and the court, cheers for the info!

Can't be that bad in Kildare, can it? You do have Time venue, award winning club and all!!!

You should check out the Loais page if you think Kildare is bad!! :D poor blighters!

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read that :p

If you are going to check out the Court, then dress smart or go before 10 when the bouncers get on the door. From experience, if youre not wearing a shirt and shoes then you wont get in. So many painful rejections... *cries into keyboard*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I hope if you include reviews that you absolutely slate the Ozone.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read that :p
    hahaha. . I did too. lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmyskank

Dont talk to me about the bouncers in the court!!:mad::mad::mad: I can walk into any club in dublin with no hassle, but the court? Oh No!! Dress code= black painted shoes, wrangler shirt and a black pair of levi's!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

theres a new one in blessington called b12 ,b52 or something..wait is that considered dublin?
    also in Kill the dew drop inn around the back have a club called nighthawks. its only a new thing/mainly gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'd consider it Wicklow myself..

naasface wrote: »
    theres a new one in blessington called b12 ,b52 or something..wait is that considered dublin?
    also in Kill the dew drop inn around the back have a club called nighthawks. its only a new thing/mainly gigs.

Blessington = Wicklow!

Yeah that new one in Kill (The Late Lounge) is actually very good. A friend of mine played the opening night there, and it was excellent, and we saw Neil Delamere (sp?) there as well. Perfect venue for comedy gigs and they have some decent acts lined up. Some decent music as well. Hopefully it continues the way it has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

is the court anygood? i have never been there. what age are the people that go there? time always seems to be full of kids!!!

Im not a fan of the Court personally. Too expensive to get in, bouncers are utter tossers, can be a very old crowd (over 30s typically but not always). But thats just my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

jimmyskank wrote: »
    Dont talk to me about the bouncers in the court!!:mad::mad::mad: I can walk into any club in dublin with no hassle, but the court? Oh No!! Dress code= black painted shoes, wrangler shirt and a black pair of levi's!!:pac:

Why would you want to go to a place where people dress like that???!!!?! :eek:

It's not the 80s ffs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

Isn't there a new club in Clane? At the back of Jones or somethin?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

I think theres a niteclub in Prosperous in Dowlings , maybe its closed down but if its not and you do deside to go dont forget to bring a gun cause you could be killed :eek:

Dowlings has been closed for ages AFAIK. That place had a shocking reputation for violence, and I think the guards had enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

There's no nightclub in Jones but there is a new part built out the back alright. They planned a late bar but apparently the licence is not sorted out yet. I'd say the guards want to avoid moving the Dowlings problem to Clane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paul21

Saw the guards around the town last weekend. Was there trouble in Jones??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

After looking on clubbers guide ireland i checked on laois and was not impressed.
    Coppers bar, Club 23, Egans, Barmondays, all missing and thats just naming a few..... tut tut Gareth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

can be a very old crowd (over 30s typically but not always).

That's very old??!! :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement