Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Co Carlow

Options
  • 26-11-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all,

I'm doing some research on nightclubs in Carlow for a new clubbing website. I'm trying to compile a complete list, so far I have...

The Foundry
    the Music factory
    Nexus
    Cosmo Browns
    The Underground
    The Barracks
    Level 1
    The Vinyl

Disco bars are eligble too, if they have a dancefloor! Am i missing anything obvious? It can be really difficult to find information!

The new site is www.ClubbersGuideIreland.com by the way.

Thanks for your help,

Gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Gareth01 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm doing some research on nightclubs in Carlow for a new clubbing website. I'm trying to compile a complete list, so far I have...

The Foundry
    the Music factory
    Nexus
    Cosmo Browns
    The Underground
    The Barracks
    Level 1
    The Vinyl

Disco bars are eligble too, if they have a dancefloor! Am i missing anything obvious? It can be really difficult to find information!

The new site is www.ClubbersGuideIreland.com by the way.

Thanks for your help,

Gar

Music factory is now called the temple. Was called Tao, under new managment again. Expect to see that change next summer to yet another rediculous name. Still a ****hole, no matter what people say.

The only worth while club you have there is the foundry, it's a proper club. Nexus is now more of a disco bar. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Tower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Gareth01

Thanks for the information guys, will update the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea the tower is another one, it opens on it's own on thursday nights in the summer and is called "club 23"? am I right?

There is brooks also, saturday nights mainly. They are all in the din ri complex. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Leverette's & Frye have a club open upstairs now. I don't know if they have a name on the club but its there. The back of the pub downstairs is also used as a dancefloor so you could include that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The Barracks is just a music bar, no dancing (while sober at least).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 discobrother

Music factory is now called the temple. Was called Tao, under new managment again. Expect to see that change next summer to yet another rediculous name. Still a ****hole, no matter what people say.

The only worth while club you have there is the foundry, it's a proper club. Nexus is now more of a disco bar. ;)

What makes you say The Temple is such a ****hole??

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

It may not be a s***hole but I for one have not been there in years and I defo do not know anyone who would go in there. Any club that opened down that end of town never did well. The Foundry gets all the clubbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 discobrother

I think you'll find a lot of things have changed since you were last there and do you not think its good to have a little bit of competition in the town, or, failing that at least some where different to go? In actual fact its on the same street as the foundry albeit slightly off the beaten track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I was there 2 weeks ago, it's a kip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I've never understood this fixation that the foundry is the only place worth going to. Maybe I'm just getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 master-d

Iv been to temple a few wednesdays for studernt nights and think its a decent spot, its good to see a bit of competition for the foundry, Im fed up of that place!

If you havent been to the temple in the last month or so, you should try it out only €3.50 entry and the same for drinks, although i would avoid any spirits........theres a reason why there so cheap......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Its an awful shame that the music factory closed and they stopped putting on gigs, cos they seemed to do some cool stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

nobody went to the gigs though - they had some great bands both upstairs and in the underground (fight like apes, ham sandwich, delorentos - way before any of those bands were popular on the local Irish scene) - but there were no punters to support live music when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Nexus as it was is gone now, just an upstairs to Scraggs tbh. Not a club at all any more.
    Is Cosmos upstairs a club again/still?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

you forgot Scraggs Alley...

kind of a music bar with 2 small dacefloors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jim K

I worked in the foundary for years and I could never undestand why so many people paid good money to go to a club where you are squashed and crowded into the place like sheep in a pen.
    The temple may not be in the "loud" end of the town but it is a nice place. The bouncers are decent folk and treat people with respect whereby the foundary can get fisty

Jim K wrote: »
    I worked in the foundary for years and I could never undestand why so many people paid good money to go to a club where you are squashed and crowded into the place like sheep in a pen.
    The temple may not be in the "loud" end of the town but it is a nice place. The bouncers are decent folk and treat people with respect whereby the foundary can get fisty

i take it you got sacked from the foundry:pac:

Naw I didnt
    It was a part time job.......got fed up...not with the job..just with the long hours.....

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Can't comment on the temple, been meaning to give it a try. The foundry has been good craic the nights I have been in there. Have not found it too overcrowded compared to other places around the country.

• Advertisement

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Can't comment on the temple, been meaning to give it a try. The foundry has been good craic the nights I have been in there. Have not found it too overcrowded compared to other places around the country.

yeah its not always bad, was ok last night!! regardless off all the putdowns, the foundry is THE place for pullin women

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Most places always have the same old problems, sticky floors, etc. Can't agree with the pullin' been far too drunk to care when I've been in there :). Will have to stay semi sober and make an effort or as they say in Navan 'do a few laps for the sneeerrrr!!' :D

Was at the Temple Saturday night. Coldplace were playing. A fairly small crows at the early stages of the night but gor bigger as the night grew. Maybe everyone was down the down getting really pi**ed. hehehe
    I read on numerous forums "bouncers" getting a lot of stick for the way they behave while at work. I have to say that the "bouncers" at the Temple are a nice bunch of lads. They treat people with respect and have manners. Having said that I seen some "puntesr" giving them a little stick at the door (agro for the younger viewers out there) and they are well able to handle themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What were the band like Jim? FAir play to The Temple for bringing over a band like that. Can't have been cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

i was at coldplace too. they were amazin. the sound was quality, great resemblance to chris martin. loved the music. not mad on a empty niteclub with a photographer from carlow ppl......................

Why wont ppl go to the temple?

Lisa Lashes Rag Wk....

Foundry answered the question.
    The Temple is very busy during the week but can be a little quiet at the weekends.
    People should start going again and give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

check out the website
    tis nice!
    http://www.thetemplecarlow.com/

Who, what or where is The Temple?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Who, what or where is The Temple?

tao/the edge etc

• Advertisement

ffs, another name change? How the hell am I supposed to keep up?

Advertisement