Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Forerunner 305

• 26-11-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a Forerunner 305, can someone who has one answer a question for me?

I get that you can have it record a route you take and use that to track your way back home. Is it possible to upload a bunch of waypoints from your PC to the watch to make a route?

I'm thinking of doing some long distance cycling and it would be cool to be able to input my route at home first - would let me take back roads all the way without stopping to look at a map every few minutes.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't have one of the Forerunners, use a Polar with foot pod myself, but I'm pretty sure that none of the Foreruner series do any kind of navigation type functions. They will just record where you've been for looking at later on the PC, but the newer 405 is supposed to have way better satellite reception than the previous 305's, as well as looking a bit more like a watch as opposed to a wrist based computer.

If your wanting it for cycling though then one of Edge series may suit you better as that is what they are designed for. Think most of the Edge ones have mapping/ routing capabilities similar to the eTrex range, and I think the latest one at least (705 I think?) can also be used with a heart rate monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

i think you can navigate with it somehow - friend told me you could - check the garmin website for the manual.

Advertisement