Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook Express 6 problem

• 26-11-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

There is something wrong with outlook express 6, when I download messages they do not preview as they should, and when I go to create a e-mail it shuts down. Also I notice when I click on encoding it also shuts down, I cant figure it out, is there something wrong with the fonts cos when I go to tools, read, and click on fonts nothing happens.
    I tried downloading Windows Live Mail for XP to replace OE I could not finish installing it, Can anyone help.
    I have Thunderbird as well but OE is bugging me(pun)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

The following link has a number of steps you can take to sort OE out when it's misbehaving:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/oerepair.mspx

Maybe it will be useful for you!

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

Hi Head, done everything that was said to do on that link, but to no avail, nothing has changed with OE 6 as I said in previous post. I downloaded Windows Live Mail but the mail section of it will not load. tried repair, it comes up with no problems, alas still doesent load

It might be no harm to run a diagnostic / repair program to trawl through your computer to look for errors in the file system, registry etc... I have had odd problems with programs in the past that have been resolved with system utility programs. The one I use is TuneUp Utilities but there are tons of them out there. I'm only recommending TuneUp because I have used it extensively over the past few years...

http://www.tune-up.com

HTH.

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

Hi Head, Ya downloaded tune-up and went through diagnostic and repair registery and de-fraged and still cant fix the problem. I know its not the end of the world if I dont get it fixed, cos I have Thunderbird. but its gettting on my wick. I have a feeling it has something to do with encoding or fonts ? .

Have ya had any luck yet? Can't offer any help around the fonts I'm afraid...

Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I had a similar problems with OE before on a few machines.
    The only thing that fixed the problem was to create a new user account on the pc.
    1. Run the windows File Transfer Wizard, choose 'This is my old computer' and it'll back up all your files and settings to a file. When it asks what type of files you want to backup choose everything you want except OE and email related stuff. Save it on your hard drive or memory stick.
    2. Create the new user account in control panel.
    3. Log out of the old account and into the new one.
    4. Run the File Transfer Wizard again and choose 'This is my new computer'. Point it to the backup file you created in step 1.
    5. When it's finished, open OE and set up your email accounts again and check that everything is working.

Your old emails won't be in the new account but these can be transferred over when you're happy that everything is working. When all is done and you're happy that everything is transferred and working, you can delete the old account.

Advertisement