Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth !?!?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for Macbeth notes ...

I have misplaced my English notebook from last year and I'm looking to source some good notes on Macbeth

eg. Characters, Themes, Imagery etc...

Any ideas ?

I have tried Google & Skoool.ie but nothing great ....

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Terry wrote: »
    Hmm.
    ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 msc

try sparknotes its really good for shakespeare notes got all my macbeth notes off it !!!!!!!!
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cop41

Thanks I will check out Sparknotes now! :D

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Buy the Shortcuts to Success book. I have it and I personally think it's excellent.

If you need notes on other stuff in English (Poetry, Comparitives) then there's Key Notes in English for Leaving Cert. I know for a fact that I'm wrong but you'll find it in school bookshops and it's unmissable. A yellow and orange cover.

Of course that is providing you want to spend money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

there was an english supplement thing with the indo today, had a bit of macbeth stuff in. worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Folens book 'Macbeth: An Exam Guide' is excellent. It costs about 7.50 although I ordered it in bulk for my students and it cost 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Does your copy of Macbeth have notes in it?

I used "Macbeth - Text and Analysis" by Anne Deegan (Blue cover, published by Folens.)
    The analysis in that was very good - I made out most of my own notes from reading the analysis and the text itself.

If your copy of the text has decent analysis and character sketches, I don't think there'd be any need to buy a separate book of notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Our actual copy of Macbeth is from Forum Publications...

It's not really well-known because it's new, but it includes loads of notes on each character, theme, etc. It's really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

One or two bits and pieces here http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/Macbeth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 heywhatever

<snip>blah blah advertising blah blah</snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 13 the-waterboy

download all the 'rte macbeth in monahan' podcasts from itunes
    its a read though of all the play with notes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

download all the 'rte macbeth in monahan' podcasts from itunes
    its a read though of all the play with notes

Macbeth in Waterford's been recorded, it'll be on the radio soon.
    Featuring MY AMAZING VOICE talking about Lady Macbeth.
    Watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Can't get my head around Macbeth at all, notes will help get me through it, but English teacher is arranging for a few of us to go to a production of it in January at UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Saw an earlier reference to a production of Macbeth in UCD in Jan. Anyone got details?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

chancer12 wrote: »
    Saw an earlier reference to a production of Macbeth in UCD in Jan. Anyone got details?

http://entertainment.ie/event/Theatre/University-College-Dublin/Macbeth/2450537.htm

5 days late mate.;)

it was *explicit deletive*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

A couple of my friends went to that one in UCD. They made it all futuristic and stuff, Lady Macbeth had a laptop reading an email instead from a note!

MacDuff had a Gun

Advertisement