Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone on Vodafone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sn00ps

CivilEx,

thank you very much, looks like I should be on Windows Mobile E-mail!

Can you explain why the standard ISP services (at a cheaper cost) wont work with the email as the software downloaded to use this service is a nokia app. Do Vodafone block ports depending on what you pay?

thanks a mil, and sorry if I am am hijacking this thread ..

frustrated but getting there,

S

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭CivilEx

sn00ps wrote: »
    CivilEx,

thank you very much, looks like I should be on Windows Mobile E-mail!

Can you explain why the standard ISP services (at a cheaper cost) wont work with the email as the software downloaded to use this service is a nokia app. Do Vodafone block ports depending on what you pay?

thanks a mil, and sorry if I am am hijacking this thread ..

frustrated but getting there,

S
    Sorry mate, I'd have to resort to a crystal ball to answer that :D but I suspect you might be on the right track. Some of the other guys and gals might be able to help you on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

CivilEx wrote: »
    Sorry mate, I'd have to resort to a crystal ball to answer that :D but I suspect you might be on the right track. Some of the other guys and gals might be able to help you on that one

I had a similar problem with exchange and the iPhone, I am running exchange 2003 with mobile sync enabled. My customer care rep advised me to go on the windows mobile solution, paying 10 euro per month for 250 mb data, working fine.

I had a similar problem with exchange and the iPhone, I am running exchange 2003 with mobile sync enabled. My customer care rep advised me to go on the windows mobile solution, paying 10 euro per month for 250 mb data, working fine.
    At the risk of going off topic :D and I am assuming that you are also on Vodafone, you can get a 1GB ISP addon for the same price which will also work

• Registered Users Posts: 46 smasherplan9

CivilEx wrote: »
    At the risk of going off topic :D and I am assuming that you are also on Vodafone, you can get a 1GB ISP addon for the same price which will also work

Seemingly the 10 euro rate is not available to all? According to my customer care rep the 250 meg add on was best available as part of our business phone package.

• Advertisement

Seemingly the 10 euro rate is not available to all? According to my customer care rep the 250 meg add on was best available as part of our business phone package.
    We are on a Wireless Office Business package and there was no question of the 1GB add on not being available on it. It is openly advertised on the Vodafone website and there didn't seem to be any terms and conditions attached specifically to it.

TBH I hadn't even heard that there was a 250MB package. There seems to be a lot behind the curtain in Vodafone when it comes to data packages and to say that they are unclear about data provisioning is probably being kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jrdublin

Hi there CivilEx , been reading ur replies and it seems you know what you're talking about!

Could you please tell me how to get my yahoo.com email account to work on my Sony Ericcson P1i i've entered all the settings and trying to set it up as IMAP , only manage to get to send email and not receiving anything!? I am connecting at home using BT through my wireless modem. What address/server to I use for Incoming mail ? (remember its IMAP and not pop3)

Many thanks!
    J

@jrdublin, you may be having problems with IMAP on Yahoo Mail because afaik Yahoo only allow the iPhone access via IMAP? It should work ok with POP though. If you can send mail you must have the settings inputted ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jrdublin

Thanks for that! seems i will have to use POP but from what i can understand it seems if i do that that all my original emails on www.yahoo.com will be "moved/deleted" and will then only show on my phone , is this true?

No I don't think so. You can normally run webmail accounts and POP mail in parallel and only if you you delete on either client does the message get erased. You might need a second opinion on this one though, I'm far from any guru on things Yahoo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement