Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting Vinyl to CD

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a record that I would like to convert to CD. Does anyone know of a place where I can get this done. I know I could buy stuff to do this on a computer etc, but don't see the point in buying that for one record. I heard there was a place in Temple Bar that did it, but it has now closed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bum Boy

Have you checked to see if the tracks you want are downloadable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

If your vinyl player has a headphone socket in it, basically get a phono to phono cable to plug your player directly into the soundcard of your PC.

Then do a search for tutorials for "vinyl or cassette to wav"
    It's actually not as difficult as it sounds.

Once you've created the songs on the hard disk, use your favourite burning program to create a cd from em. I did it with several bootleg tapes i bought decades ago. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dufus08

Thanks so far. I don't think their downloadable and I'm holding off on buying a record player, in case there is somewhere I can get this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Try Googling "vinyl to cd" on the Irish pages. If memory serves, there is/was a place near St Stephens Greene that do this. It was fairly expensive ( 12 euros pre LP I think ).

Advertisement