Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading but where to get my info?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

want to upgrade the power source and the optical drive(have two dvdrw drives in there,one of which the pc doesnt recognize,the other only plays dvd's not cd's?!?).
    i have everest and i am wondering where i can get the info on what interface it is?
    same with the power source would like to up it a bit from whatever it is?
    thanks
    j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

want to upgrade the power source and the optical drive(have two dvdrw drives in there,one of which the pc doesnt recognize,the other only plays dvd's not cd's?!?).
    i have everest and i am wondering where i can get the info on what interface it is?
    same with the power source would like to up it a bit from whatever it is?
    thanks
    j

What PC do you have? Is it custom built, dell etc..?

For optical drives there are two types:

IDE and SATA, the power connections for them are standard and come on all PSUs.

Main issue you will have is the power connector from the PSU to the motherboard: on some big brand PCs they do not use standard off the shelf power connectors and you have to use a non standard power supply

e.g. some Dell PCs you have to get a Dell compatible power supply and cannot simply order a regualr off the shelf power supply unit.

Advertisement