Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business in the recession

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

whats the most profitable business out there at the moment,stating in minded start up costs,falure rate,profit etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

evxx wrote: »
    whats the most profitable business out there at the moment,stating in minded start up costs,falure rate,profit etc.

How long is a piece of string. Nobody can answer that question for you OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I'v the answer, but I think ill keep it to myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Professional debt collection.

Start with a fist full of dollars, sign write a cheap ass transit van with " Debt Collectors", get a website and send out letters to every business in the country.

Offer businesses 50% of the original debt up front and get to work with a couple of crazy russians!
    Its worked in the movies!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

The priesthood is not a bad business in recessional times, i read in some newspaper that numbers are up significantly of late....... Maybe a roseary bead shop might be a nice sideline income as people turn to church when things go pearshape:o

FBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mothergoose555

That's a tough question, but any business that is mindful of it's costs can remain profitable.

One of the easiest ways to stay afloat is to actually look at your costs of doing business and make sure your paying the smallest amount of money you need to for everything.

What has saved me a ton of money has been switching Energy supply.

ESB have been set to be the most expensive Electricity supplier in the country, by the regulator.......

So it makes a lot of sense to switch to one of the other three.

Bord Gais (best rates)
    Airtricity,
    or Energia.

For the sake of filling out a form you can save a bundle.

I did.

Don't muck around and think about it, just go and do it.

Switch phone supplier, despatch company etc.

By saving money, you can make money, and thus also possibly help save jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

That's a tough question, but any business that is mindful of it's costs can remain profitable.

One of the easiest ways to stay afloat is to actually look at your costs of doing business and make sure your paying the smallest amount of money you need to for everything.

What has saved me a ton of money has been switching Energy supply.

ESB have been set to be the most expensive Electricity supplier in the country, by the regulator.......

So it makes a lot of sense to switch to one of the other three.

Bord Gais (best rates)
    Airtricity,
    or Energia.

For the sake of filling out a form you can save a bundle.

I did.

Don't muck around and think about it, just go and do it.

Switch phone supplier, despatch company etc.

By saving money, you can make money, and thus also possibly help save jobs.

agreed on the electricity, I saved over €22k on one site alone switching to Bord Gais from the ESB.

If you have very high usuage look at the bulk buying options, you save even more, I'm tying to look into it at the moment, looks like it going to be close to 20% less.

Advertisement