Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Query

• 26-11-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hi

Was hoping someone could maybe help me out or give me some pointers. I currently have a reasonabke PC with a Windows Vista Home Premium, however, I feel that the system is being bottlenecked by only having 2GB ram. As ram is extremely cheap to purchase I was thinking about buying another 2GB for the PC.

So (rather longwindedly) my question is, is there still a problem with Home Premium recognising 4GB ram in total? I'm sure I remember something previously about this, although I'll be honest and admit it was a long time ago.

If it does still have this problem, would you recommend upgrading to Vista Ultimate to get the full performance out of 4GB.

As for the use of the PC, it would be mainly for gaming so I think the extra ram would really help performance.

Thanks in advance.

S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Hi SK...

I started a thread about this very issue a number of months back. It should have all the information you need in terms of explaining why the RAM is displayed in certain ways etc... Link below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055255856

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Thanks very much, I did try and search at the start but not to much avail.

Thanks for the link. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

No problem at all, glad to be able to help.

Head

Advertisement