Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Warranty

Options
  • 26-11-2008 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

Hi, Ive replied a thread in the Home Appliances Forum on this issue, but im looking for some consumer advice. My Whirlpool washing machine has broken down for the 4th time in 30 months, through differant issues, pump failed, the rubber has ripped aroung the drum, the last one was the heating element became dislodged "probably by a coin" I have to say not through misuse, if it was I put my hands up and admit it.
    I have the 8yrs parts warranty but the labour is €70 so far Ive paid out over 50% of the cost price of the machine, which ive told them is unaccpetable and ive gotted back "Im sorry, but nothing we can do". Does anybody else think Im being taken for a ride, if so what are my options?.
    I have stated in an email to them that if the machine breaks down again I'll be taking action through the Small Claims Court.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi, Ive replied a thread in the Home Appliances Forum on this issue, but im looking for some consumer advice. My Whirlpool washing machine has broken down for the 4th time in 30 months, through differant issues, pump failed, the rubber has ripped aroung the drum, the last one was the heating element became dislodged "probably by a coin" I have to say not through misuse, if it was I put my hands up and admit it.
    I have the 8yrs parts warranty but the labour is €70 so far Ive paid out over 50% of the cost price of the machine, which ive told them is unaccpetable and ive gotted back "Im sorry, but nothing we can do". Does anybody else think Im being taken for a ride, if so what are my options?.
    I have stated in an email to them that if the machine breaks down again I'll be taking action through the Small Claims Court.
    tell them you want it replaced if it breaks again as that many problems is very unusual with the same machine so it is probably a dud. if they refuse off to the court office with you!

Advertisement