Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Meet in Portlaoise

Options
  • 26-11-2008 11:18pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A meeting has been arranged to discuss the possibility of holding a number of events in 2009 for BMW enthusiasts - along the line of what was done in the past. It is hoped to gauge the interest in doing this, talk about what events people are interested in and to seek volunteers to help organise them. It is also an opportunity for members of the different BMW forums to put names to faces and their motors!
    It is being held in the the Maldron Midway Hotel, Portlaoise, on Sunday, November 30th at 2pm. All are welcome and can contribute. Fell free to come down early for a chat or hang around afterwards. It is hoped that we can start to pick up activities in different areas of the country, but need to see what level of interest there is and,importantly, find out who is prepared to help.

Please do your best to try and come down. To try and define future events, it is vital that there is both an active interest and people willing to make events succeed.

There will be people coming from the three main Irish BMW sites (www.Bavarian-board.co.uk, www.bmw-driver.net and www.e30owners.com).

Some of us are planning on meeting at the large Esso garage on the N7 beyond Citywest about 1pm (here IIRC).

It should be a bit of craic! For more info see here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Do make sure to take a few pics and throw them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

mind if I post this on octane?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I'll be driving down from Top Gear Live Sunday so I'll have to pop in. She'll love me for that!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

2 Espressi wrote: »
    mind if I post this on octane?
    Please do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I might take a nosey at this to see what fuss is about...free country after all!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Not too many boards motors meets, so good luck with this one. Haven't seen it so far on octane, but will mention it if I don't see anything from 2 Espressi.

JHMEG wrote: »
    Not too many boards motors meets, so good luck with this one. Haven't seen it so far on octane, but will mention it if I don't see anything from 2 Espressi.

Lol, we've had one, and now planning another for the not too distant future. PM me and i'll add ya to it if ya want.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

That Z1 has got to be rare in these parts.

I love the wheels on that 3-series estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Was only allowed to do a drive-by in car park for this one. Herself wouldn't let me stop! :(
    There were some nice cars there.

Advertisement