Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing Japanese for the LC?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Just out of curioisity, is there anyone here studying Japanese for the Leaving Cert? Or perhaps anyone who has done so in the past? I'm in 6th year now, doing it for an hour and a half after school, every Monday and Thursday.
    I'm really far behind in it though... I'm still attempting to learn Katakana, and I don't know a single Kanji either. I'm generally not very good with foreign languages at all (I'm doing Ordinary French).
    I still enjoy it though. My class is pretty much me and three other guys, and our sensei (Tetsuo Hirohama) constantly criticizes how laid back we are. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Tetsuo:D

250px-Tetsuo_shima.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Hey, I'm in 6th year doing Japanese as well, although mine is 10-1 on saturdays, which isnt as nice as doing it after school. TBH, I'd say I'm the only one in my class who took it up solely with 90-100 points in mind, and not out of some strong interest/obsession with Japan. That said, it's a very interesting language. I wouldn't worry too much about being behind, the paper is quite manageable. The comprehensions can look difficult, but the questions are grand. You probably should try to get a handle on the ole Katakana, it makes up the first comprehension. You don't need to be perfect with them, I'm not, but just have them in your passive memory if not your active memory, if that makes sense! Anyhoo, good luck!

Advertisement