Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"All In The Cooking" - Really Need Help

Options
  • 26-11-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I am trying to buy a book for my partner's mum for Christmas which I cannot find anywhere.

It is called "All In The Cooking" by Josephine Marnell (I think its from the late '60s) and was an old school cookery book.

I can't find it on the net and have tried mailing several radio stations with no replies. You really are my last hope!

Please help,

Desperate Dublin lady.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Did you try ABEbooks.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mwaters

Hey Tree,

Thanks for getting back to me:)

Yeah I tried that site but it only has the book for $249 which is nuts. Do you have any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Maybe try ebay? Always good for finding obscure things like that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hmm...I doubt you'll find it on ebay as it was a book published by the Irish State especially for Irish school girls. I'll ask at home and see if they have it..

EDIT :

Mrs. MacGyver ( a boards member) seems to have a copy. try a PM to see if she'd sell...

edengarden bought one in 2005 - and may be willing to sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcool

Hi
    I would be interested in buying copy of the book all in the cooking book 2 for my Mum-in-law if someine is willing to sell?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DEEMAR

Hi MWATERS
    'All in the cooking' - Oh I remember it well!!

As far as I can recall - it was published by Folens books - they would have published a lot of school books, and still do i think. Try them, you might be lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My mum has a copy of this. At this stage it's looking a bit sorry for itself with 30 odd years of baking stains.

I didn't realise how hard it was to get. Maybe I should persuade her to sell it!

I learned how to bake from that book. Good memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

So...I wonder who's willing to pay the most for it, mcool or mwaters ?

BTW, 2 new users who join the board for the same reason at almost the same time who's names both begin with m-'something' seems interesting :)

At this stage I will cry if mcool gets it before me. I've put a bid in anyway so keep your fingers crossed for me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcool

Hi all,

thanks for the replies .......the book on ebay is book 1 - I'm looking for the book2 (2nd volume).
    hope you have success with your bid on ebay.

Hey,

I just wanted to pop in and say THANKS A MILLION to everyone for your replies. Yesterday I won the item on eBay thanks to one of your replies. My boyfriend's mum will be so delighted when she gets it on Xmas morning.

Again, huge thanks to you all and happy Christmas!!

mwaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Backspace

Hi everybody,

I bought the book on abebooks only to find out that it is a first edition and aparently too early. It has a different cake recipy than my mother remembers. Sorry i should have mentioned that it was for my mother. Anyway i am looking to get the christmas cake recipy from any all in the cooking book 2. So if anybody can help me out that would be great.

Thanks.

I found the book eventually (2nd edition) but left it at home when I last visited at Xmas. As soon as I'm back again I'll copy and forward on the Christmas cake recipe.

Strange that they would have changed the recipe from the first edition?

Backspace, I finally picked up that book from my aunt. Do you still need that recipe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ecogirl28

also looking 4 the xmas cake recipr from folens "all in the cooking" 4 my mum, any help greatly appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭niffle

Hi I am looking for a copy of this book if anyone knows of a souce, have tried abe books, greens book shop with no joy
    would welcome any help
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lynelee

I have this book if anyone would like to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭niffle

I would like to buy it how much?? pm me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lynelee

Hi there. You are quite welcome to purchase the book. Where abouts are you as we need to make sure the postage isn't some hideous price:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement