Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have serious PMT

• 26-11-2008 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I have just been looking at some pictures of Ronaldinho, Kaka, Schevchenko and Nesta in a training session. Nothing odd in that at all....except that it is at Fratton Park:eek:

I've got tickets to the game tomorrow and I am finding it hard to believe we are playing AC Milan and its not a friendly.

One thing I did like in the news report though...A big crowd was outside the ground, screaming, looking for autographs etc and a Kid kept shouting Ronaldinho, Ronaldinho, so the great man turns, expecting an autograph book to appear but the kid shouts "You're gonna ****ing loose tomorrow":D

Welcome to Pompey :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I have just been looking at some pictures of Ronaldinho, Kaka, Schevchenko and Nesta in a training session. Nothing odd in that at all....except that it is at Fratton Park:eek:

I've got tickets to the game tomorrow and I am finding it hard to believe we are playing AC Milan and its not a friendly.

One thing I did like in the news report though...A big crowd was outside the ground, screaming, looking for autographs etc and a Kid kept shouting Ronaldinho, Ronaldinho, so the great man turns, expecting an autograph book to appear but the kid shouts "You're gonna ****ing loose tomorrow":D

Lol fair play and enjoy the game.

It should be a great occasion. And who knows Adams might get his first home win. I would be some way to get it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

a Kid kept shouting Ronaldinho, Ronaldinho, so the great man turns, expecting an autograph book to appear but the kid shouts "You're gonna ****ing loose tomorrow":D

Legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Love it.

Sometimes I feel the top clubs take it for granted that they get players like Ronaldinho, Kaka, Messi et al showing up every season for a European game. Getting to see those players ply their trade in the flesh in a competitive game is an absolute honour.

This is our first decent European run in my 20 years of supporting us and I'm thankful every day for the experiences. The only thing missing is me actually being at a game.

I, like most fans I'd say, will be rooting for Pompey tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This is our first decent European run in my 20 years of supporting us and I'm thankful every day for the experiences. The only thing missing is me actually being at a game.

Plastic tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If we get through the group stages then I'll be home for the round of 32 and shall be trying to go to both legs. Definitely the home one at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

great occasion for Pompey what an atmosphere in fratton park Milan have a boisturous support (great memories of Istanbul and Athens) best of luck would love to be at it myself should be a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Enjoy it man!! Even as a Liverpool fan.. a lot of the CL games left me cold this week. That horror of a Man Utd game last night...the all too easy win of Liverpool tonight.
    Ok Chelsea made it interesting :)
    But for me Milan going to Portsmouth is what i really cant wait for!
    Crouchie to score the winner, in a 2-1 win!!! And that kid to be in Kakas face as he walks off the pitch...to say i told u so yesterday!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

the pretentious bastards at the grauniad described our ground as "A cowshed on Life support" :D

If we get the place rocking like it was against Vittoris in the qualfying round, the old girl will be our biggest advantage tonight.

Our 20,000 fans can make the place louder than 65,000 at old trafford.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/27/uefa-portsmouth-milan

I'm not going to get any work done today, I am so ****ing wound up about this....Oh, Kaka is starting by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

the pretentious bastards at the grauniad described our ground as "A cowshed on Life support" :D

"Fratton Park, the Gulag Archipelago of the Premier League". :D

Good luck to Pompey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I thought that flattered Pompey...;)

• Advertisement

I thought that flattered Pompey...;)

They say imitation is the biggest form of flattery, so thank you Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Your after making me want to watch the match now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dsmythy wrote: »
    Your after making me want to watch the match now.

Me too tbh.

Is it on anywhere, and what time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

me three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Enjoy it Fred, i know how these matches made me feel last season on the way to the final, when people scoff at your chances and tell you how your team has no hope.

The dreaming before games like these is such a big part of it.

So "Play up Pompey" and enjoy yourself dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sure you have the likes of Ronaldo, Torres, Gerard, Lampard, Fabregas, Robinhio, Deco, Ballack and whoever else there every other week.

If Pompey can maintain perspective, they can defo compete with this Milan team.

Will defo be watching this match. Have had a soft spot for Pompey ever since Arsenal stuffed them that time a few years ago and the home crowd still kept cheering.

Des wrote: »
    Me too tbh.

Is it on anywhere, and what time?

It is on Five, so not available in Ireland I guess.

I know we see big names week in week out, but this a new experience, I think that's what is so exciting.

AC Milan are no better than united or Liverpool, but its still AC Milan!!

If we can get the same atmosphere we had against Vittoria in the qualifiers, AC Milan will be terrified:D

Eirebear wrote: »
    "Play up Pompey"

I hate that song, and that godawful cowbell in Fratton Park.

Still though.

I hope they win tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Its on Setanta Ireland tonight

I hate that song, and that godawful cowbell in Fratton Park.

Still though.

I hope they win tonight.

I dont mind the chant, the cowbell does piss me off though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Best of luck to all at Pompey (except rSol and Donkey...;)) but did I just see the Artane Boys Band on the pitch at Fratton Park?

Surely the cowbell would be a better option...:D

Fratton Park is absolutely rocking!

Just heard them singing Hello Hello (Dont worry im not gonna start a debate on THAT topic!) but it is still one of the most intimidating chants in football, and its great to hear it they way Pompey fans were singing it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd say Milan will win by two or three goals

monkey9 wrote: »

Boooooo! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It is on Five, so not available in Ireland I guess.

I know we see big names week in week out, but this a new experience, I think that's what is so exciting.

AC Milan are no better than united or Liverpool, but its still AC Milan!!

If we can get the same atmosphere we had against Vittoria in the qualifiers, AC Milan will be terrified:D

Add Channel 5 to Sky:

Press Services, go to system Setup, go to Add channels.

Enter 10.773 as Frequency

Change Polarity to H

Change symbol Rate to 22.0

Change FEC to 5/6

Select find Channels, press yellow to store Five

Go to Other Channels to View

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'd say they won't :D

2-4, 2-5??

lol

Can't wait for Fred to post tbh.

Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

PLAY UP POMPEY , PLAY UP.

SO happy watching this, Come on Tony Adams.

Squeeky bum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Decent comeback from the Rossoneri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Gutted for ya Fred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Gutted for Pompy

edit:

Jayzus, just seein Inzaghi's goal, the defenders caught napping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Gutted for ye too in fairness b4 the last 10 mins Pompey were the better team....absolute cracker of a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

deise59 wrote: »
    Gutted for ya Fred
    +1 , Harsh Fred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Can't wait for Fred to post tbh.

Sick bastard

• Advertisement

Ahhhh, no luck Fred.

In saying that, if someone offered you 2-2 before the game id say you'd have bitten their hand off for it.

The Pompey fans were amazing tonight, from start to finish. I rekon that was a big part in the teams performance tonight.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Ahhhh, no luck Fred.

In saying that, if someone offered you 2-2 before the game id say you'd have bitten their hand off for it.

The Pompey fans were amazing tonight, from start to finish. I rekon that was a big part in the teams performance tonight.

amazing night. great atmosphere great performance not too gutted about the result.

I've just been on the Pompey board I frequent and there are a lot of people complaining that their throat is hurting them this morning, which is not surprising as mine does too.

There was one pooint that the entire ground (minus i presume the 800 Milan fans) was singing "Tony Adams Blue White Army constantly for about ten minutes, with a break half way through to belt out an amazing rendition of Play up Pompey.

I think song of the night though has to be "Are you Bournemouth in disguise".:D

OK, we got a bit cocky, especially with the "can we play you every week" chant and it came back to bite us, but it's hard to get too upset with a 2-2 draw against AC Milan.

Ronaldinho should never have been given the free kick, but what can you do when he hits it like that? stunning goal. He came and applauded the fratton after the game as well which got him a round of applause and a lot of respect.

Everyone went to have fun last night and that is something we certainly had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Sounds amazing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Me = releved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Most enjoyable European game of the season so far (missed the Pat's game was on holiday) in fairness to pompey it took two stunning goals to prevent a Milan defeat, a game like that shows what a borefest the all too predictable Champions League group stages has become, with the same teams easing their way to the qualifying stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Good result for Portsmouth, especially missing a couple of key players. Mind you, this was effectively a Milan reserve side, only 2-3 first choicers on from the start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Normally only zambrotta, Gattauso, Kaka and flamini would have started so yeah it was a second string milan side.

I hate harping on about it (Actually, no I don;t I'm loving it) but on several boards there has been a lot of praise for Pompey last night, even down to the fact we had the Band of the royal Marines there (No, it wasn't the Artane boys band :p).

The city put on a good show last night and in a lot of ways it was a better atmosphere than the cup final.

david moyes was in the sports bar last night praising the fans and apparantly the Channel five producer didn;t know whether he should show the match or the crowd, especially the bit from 32 minutes to the end of the firt half where there was an absolute wall of noise coming from the place.

When (if) we move to the new ground, I hope we keep the same atmosphere going, it will be a huge shame if we lose it.

Good to have the support of you lads on here as well, cheers for that :cool:

Advertisement