Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Stew Recipe?

• 27-11-2008 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

My Australian girlfriend is coming to stay with me for the weekend and she has begged me to make her a good ol' fashioned Irish stew. Her mother is English and she has lots of Irish relatives so she used to get served up Irish stew and rabbit stew (which neither of us like) quite a bit when she was a kid.

I really want to impress her and CAN actually cook. I just don't know whether I should go for the traditional Irish stew, do like a Beef and Guinness stew (which I love) or do an Irish stew with a kind of contemporary twist. There are so many variations out there and rather than pick something online I thought opinions from some of the boardies/foodies here would be better.

Whats your thoughts / suggestions / recipes?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Here's a 4-page 'debate' on a proper Irish stew from earlier this year :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055223027

she used to get served up Irish stew and rabbit stew (which neither of us like)

So why would you consider making her Irish stew if she doesn't like it? Even if it did have a 'twist' it's still gonna be stew...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Excellent .. will check it out.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Ponster wrote: »
    So why would you consider making her Irish stew if she doesn't like it? Even if it did have a 'twist' it's still gonna be stew...
    Sorry maybe the original post was a little bit confusing.

Neither of us like rabbit stew. We both love Irish stew tho' but haven't had it in many years.

Advertisement