Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's FlexiUnits no longer include data!

• 27-11-2008 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Just looking at the pay monthly price plans on three.ie and noticed that there flexiunit systems which used to be:

1 FlexiUnit = 1 Min or 3 texts or 1Mb data

has been changed to just 1min or 3 texts!!

They've just made this price plan even less attractive!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Another reason not to go near that network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just looking at the pay monthly price plans on three.ie and noticed that there flexiunit systems which used to be:

1 FlexiUnit = 1 Min or 3 texts or 1Mb data

has been changed to just 1min or 3 texts!!

They've just made this price plan even less attractive!!
    I always saw these flexi things as one of their selling points. If they're starting to limit people now have they done anything else to make it more attractive? Added more flexi units or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The data is still included, they took it off cause it confused the average joe signing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Are you sure? I don't see it anywhere on their site ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Walkman wrote: »
    The data is still included, they took it off cause it confused the average joe signing up.

Are you sure about this the web site has totslly changed? I just told someone to move to them to better give them a call.... Even there drag drop thing isnt working say the most you can get is 90 text...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yep it has definitely changed but I think Walkman is correct as they are making direct comparisons against Meteor, O2 and Vodafone. Now you have to pay for data but it still seems to work out cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Yep it has definitely changed but I think Walkman is correct as they are making direct comparisons against Meteor, O2 and Vodafone. Now you have to pay for data but it still seems to work out cheaper.

The offer was never particularly good in the first place. Their unit system doesn't provide even nearly enough allowances if you try to cater for all 3 options.
    Its both good and bad that they removed it, but I would have liked to see a little more of a competitive streak from them, rather than a cop out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

So with their Relax 90 tariff, they are giving the same as Meteor's Talk 60 tariff - 60 minutes talk and 30 texts?

This is poor form from 3. They could have increased the units to compensate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

kelzer wrote: »
    So with their Relax 90 tariff, they are giving the same as Meteor's Talk 60 tariff - 60 minutes talk and 30 texts?

This is poor form from 3. They could have increased the units to compensate.

no this is not the case, if it says that on the website then itw wrong.

relax 90 is 90 mins or a mix on mins and txts, where by for every minute u take of the 90, you get 3 txtxs to replace it, so it would be 60 mins and 90 txts in the example you mention above.

and im 99.9% sure that the data still applies, 1 min = 1 mb data.

thats what people signed up for on the relax plan, they cant just change it..they could however change it for new contracts but i dont think this is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Walkman is correct, Relax is still Relax, the website has been changed to stop confusing people about data units...most people have a confused look on their face when you start to talk about internet on your phone...
    I wouldn't expect relax to last forever, I can see them going back to minute and text plans and charging data as an extra....

• Advertisement
Advertisement