Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOTLK Boards raid progression

• 27-11-2008 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Dustaz go make!

Psycopat
    Can YOU Eat a Seal
    Horde
    Jaedenar

Cleared Everything :)

Bring on next patch!

Malygos is an imba fight and I really enjoyed Naxx even if it was a bit easy. Obsidian Sanctum is easy too but with 3 drakes up it sure as hell wont be!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Congrats, now you have to go do it all again on your warrior. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not even worth mentioning, guilds that didn't even do Sunwell are doing 25mans in Wotlk and clearing it in 1 night, the only fight that took afew wipes was the Malygos fight but once you had the tactics down you could pretty much be guaranteed to kill it every time after, quite the opposite to sunwell where as if you killed Brut/Twins/M'uru whatever doesn't mean your gonna 1shot it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the whole progression thing has lost its meaning in wotlk.

Just like epics lost its meaning in tbc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You have no idea how happy I am still being lvl 75 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah ive purposly kept my chars all mid 70's for now, plus im enjoying pvp way to much to even bother with end game instances. And im glad, as form the sounds of it they are way to easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Our guild crumbled thanks to SWP pre expansion but were back for wrath and oh my god what did thjey do to raiding?

We breezed through naxx25 in 2 nights (with most of the raid not having done 10 man before) and oneshot sartharion after it. We then went to wintergrasp and killed that boss both 25 and 2x10 man and sort of forgot to go malygos. From what ive heard malygos isnt exactly going to be M'uru so i guess well have everything cleared sunday.

While it was nice to finally experience naxx at levelcap (i missed naxx first time round due to quittage), its just retardedly easy. I seriously dont remember karazan being that easy when we started it. I know blizzard wanted an entry level dungeon to start with but holy crap i hope ulduar is a little more challenging.

As it is the most challenging thing in the game is A. trying to find a jewelcrafter with spell/haste recipes and B. Buying anything at all for under 760g on the AH

I find leveling tailoring the hardest and most challangeing thing in the game for the moment :D,

i hope Blizz add another Sunwell type difficult instance although we didn't kill KJ pre nerf we were only 2-3 weeks from completing the instance, we spent about 4 weeks alone on brut and 2-3 on all other bosses this is only raidng 3 hours a day 4 days a week which was quite impressive, and you could be proud with wearing Sunwell gear cause not everyone could get it, but now its just meh any joe soap has the best of gear no matter what guild there in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

KilOit wrote: »
    I find leveling tailoring the hardest and most challangeing thing in the game for the moment :D
    Agreed! 439, and I'm almost completely broke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Agreed! 439, and I'm almost completely broke

Yeh but 280% carpet made it worth it :D<3

WellyJ wrote: »
    Yeh but 280% carpet made it worth it :D<3
    I heard the people that have it are ranting and raving about it, apparently you can't use macro to dismount bacause it's classed as a vehicle so it's proved disastrous in pvp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

KilOit wrote: »
    I heard the people that have it are ranting and raving about it, apparently you can't use macro to dismount bacause it's classed as a vehicle so it's proved disastrous in pvp

Well you can use an ExitVehicle macro,

But anyway, im not using it for PVP, i have my netherdake also,

It's just cool to fly around on

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7238/wowscrnshot112708163817bj5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

The reason raiding is easy i think is because you all have epix coming from TBC because the majority of the wow population were whining about trashing their epics as soon as they stepped into outland for greens. So when blizzard compensated for that with WOTLK you were already more than prepared for the content as you didnt need to farm and instances or heroics, and plus the tactics were already there and well prepared due to them just revamping old content.

I'm pretty sure the next content patch will be back to the normal struggling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Naxxramas - Kara
    Obsidian Sanctum - Gruul
    Malygos - Magtheridon

Blizzard have always stated that the first tier of raiding is gona be fairly easy in WOTLK but i assume and am hoping they will make the raids in the next patch a lot harder. I remember SSC/TK was a rather big leap from Kara and Gruul so im not too worried.

For the better guilds though we can focus on doing achievements such as the 3 Drake Obsidian Sanctum one and The immortal title in Naxx :) . I want my Proto-Drake :D

I think personally the reason for the ease is ass someone already said here, GEAR

If you remember vanilla - TBC wow, there was a HUGE gear increase, like huge. Never before did we see stats going up into the 40's.

Aswell you have to remember, most good guilds had most of the instances cleared and were farming upon the announcement of wotlk...or atleast most of the instances.

So...most hardcore players, or sensible ones, grinded the bees knees in gear to be prepared. This equiped them with the tools to level alot more quickly. This in turn allowed instacnes to be cleared quicker and to get some good loot. Evidently, this then led to "easy" instancing.

But I think one question has to be asked. On my server, our guild is in touch with alot of other guilds on the server, we have a nice contact list setup. And there has been plenty of whipes and tears in some instance running.

There is no doubt that they(blizzard) have dumbed down instances a bit, a tiny bit, to suit more people, which if you reflect on the majority numbers...its good business sense.

But just perhaps, maybe we arnt giving ourselves enough credit, the likes of dustaz etc, who seem to be in a very good raiding guild breezing through content. Maybe this is happening, because you are extremely talented players.

I remember not finding karazhan too difficult, once we got tactics down...ands its the same with every instance and dungeon. But remember the instances that came in further patches. I wouldnt get too down yet, I'm sure the current expansion has the basis for good raids, enjoyalbe ones...but to get yourself geared up...for the tough raids they will release.

And if anything on the wow europe forums is to go by ( the amount of moaning bout easy raids) if i was a head project lead in blizzard I'd say " ok then, lets give them something REALLY tough"

Obviously its just about patience waiting for this installment to come, but ive every faith in blizzard, have done for nearly 10 years...so I assume they will deliver good, cause if its one thing they are good at is taking feedback from the community, taking an idea, making it 100 times better..and then blowing us away with it.

Remember the whole world of warcraft idea came from a convention where a couple of guys asked blizzard designers during a warcraft 3 feedback forum " Hey wouldnt it be cool to have warcraft in like a totally online enviroment where you can like, BE a demon hunter!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Gawd PvE is hard atm.

Started raiding 4 days ago, Archavon, Sartharion, everything to Thaddius (People DC'ing then blowing the raid up) clear.. Am looking forward to Malygos though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Woden - Cartel - Terenas.

Content cleared. (Sarth no drakes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Woden wrote: »
    Woden - Cartel - Terenas.

Content cleared. (Sarth no drakes)
    Drama - Outland

same :/

Game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

as sad as it may seem at the moment to have all the content cleared, this is possibly the only time for some of your guilds to have had end game totally cleared? enjoy it and wait for the next raid updates!

But just perhaps, maybe we arnt giving ourselves enough credit, the likes of dustaz etc, who seem to be in a very good raiding guild breezing through content. Maybe this is happening, because you are extremely talented players.

Not a chance. We walked into nax25 and practically one shot most bosses in it. Even with extreme dribbling on the part of some players (i say some, i mean me) like blinking to the wrong side on thaddius, we still had NO difficulty with any encounter so far. Malygos took us one night of trys to get (mostly because the 10 man group had spent another night of wipes to get it right). We are not Ensidia, We arent Forte, were not even close to the best guild on the server. Its just that this content is faceroll easy.

Theyve said that this stuff is meant to be easy and that later content will be business as usual, I really hope so as theyre is pretty much zero sense of achievement after clearing this stuff. Oh well, time to work on the raid achievements:)

copeyhagen wrote: »
    as sad as it may seem at the moment to have all the content cleared, this is possibly the only time for some of your guilds to have had end game totally cleared? enjoy it and wait for the next raid updates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

DRakE wrote: »
    Drama - Outland

same :/

Game over.

Hey, is QD still in Dramah Drake?

• Advertisement

Evac101 wrote: »
    Hey, is QD still in Dramah Drake?

He was only ever in drama for about 10 seconds.

Hes gl of a crowd called Apostasy now.

Currently sitting starting at ironforge boss.

WE blasted through other three city bosses in less then 40 mins, currently sitting here, with a absolute mountain of allies on top of us.

Giving our servers community aspect, a fellow horde raid is currently on its way to darnassus to make a distraction and hopefully we can then down boss

We did get him to 18% before about 50 allies showed up...we then got him to 6 % but started to whipe :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Ruin - Outland

We've done everything except Sartharion with 3 drakes. Did him with 1 drake last reset and it wasn't too bad so we'll probably do 3 drakes this time.

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    Ruin - Outland

We've done everything except Sartharion with 3 drakes. Did him with 1 drake last reset and it wasn't too bad so we'll probably do 3 drakes this time.

Are you and apathy as raging as Inf and union are about Good Game "coming over here, stealing our server firsts"?

Dont lie and welcome the competition please:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I only joined them recently after a prolonged period of casualness, so I'm just chuffed to be running 25 mans regularly again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

dont check these boards too often but <O o O> of executus all content cleared going for 3 drake Sarth this week. Content is full of yawn tbh only thing interesting for us is there 6 guilds on the server going for server firsts and we got 2 of them :)

This is Djivide btw for any of the older cs people that might remember me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

game over dave, reroll outland /o/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

sublime on jaedenar, 4 wings in naxx cleared...

no where near the rest but just showing that we all aint as good as you lot :(

Dont come to outland
    Cant be emphasised enough :P

Heya dj, Our guild is in the exact same position (Drama on outland also featuring incubus and drake when he cba :) ) Tried Sarth with 3 drakes last night for the first time and all going well should have it on sunday. Its actually nice to do an encounter that you cant faceroll in 3 attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

I actually have a 70 ally rogue on outland. My main is horde on executus.

We tried to 3 drake the 10 man version last week but in the end decided to just kill the drakes and get into naxx and clear it that night. We had spent the other raid nights clearing all of 25man. We hadn't a clue going into it and jsut decided to try it for a laugh.

Malygos was the only boss we had any problems with, not that it even was that hard in the end. just people not shielding themselves and nubs not getting higher than 5 stacks on the debuff etc at the start.

Advertisement