Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOTLK Boards raid progression

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Finally got Champion of the Frozen Wastes (Ruin - Outland), hardest part was begging people to go to Oculus. :/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

going for malygos tonight, 10man, all other 10man content cleared, managed to pug wintergrasp boss and picked up the shadow t7 for my priest and the holy one too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Sarth 25 +1 drake. (2 should be very doable atm just switched from 3 to 2 too late for practice)

Sarth 10 + 2 drakes.

Malygos hurts :( dont think i even tickeled her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

splinter wrote: »
    Malygos hurts :( dont think i even tickeled her

Malygos is rather easy once you know what you are doing. you cant let it eat a spark or you will nearly always lose someone plus you are losing alot of dps.

In the whirlwind thingy its handy to have a hot healer hot everyone up if possible. For me a resto shaman i am practicly useless for this part of the fight. Also when it lands run away from the boss fast(not too important in 10 man but very in 25man)

once you are through phase1 phase 2 is just a stay alive phase move to new bubbles asap and hope no one gets one shotted in between the bubbles. tank the melee adds ranged nuke the casters.

Phase3 we had alot of dribblers who couldnt get more than 4 or 5 stacks of the debuff for a while also we were spreading out alot which didnt work for us. In this phase we split into 2groups (25man 1group for 10man) each have 1 dedicated healer the rest all dps and shield themselves. Move when you have a spark in the raid etc and for stacking the debuff quickly do 2 cp then the debuff for about 5 times then do a 5cp debuff for the extra time and continue. dps for last 10% should be insane if you have people in the 15+ range of debuffs.

Other than that you must keep a high raid dps for the entire fight as you have 10minutes (?) for the whole fight thats for all 3 phases. at first we were hitting the enrage timer when people were failing to get decent number of debuffs in phase3 in 25man we had roughly 3->3.5 minutes left going into phase3 on 10man we had a little over 5 minutes for phase3 which was a joke.

• Advertisement

Game offically over for the moment. Sartharion + 3 drakes dead. 11/12/08

<O o O> executus eu

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twilightvanqan7.jpg

nice one on that, grats!

sarth 25 + 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

ah u made it a sticky, how do i edit my original post =/ :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you cant if its more then 2 days old :(

• Advertisement

sarth 25 + 3 done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Pewpewfiah

Grats on anyones whos waiting for the next patch now, but remember we are only in the early stages theres no mad raid equivelents yet, tier 4 was relativly easy to get when TBC came out if you had a good amount of knowledge of your class, and so is T7 right now, its not gona be the Lich King from the get go or it would ruin it wouldnt it lol :P

anyways i cant wait to get back to raiding, MAGES FTW anywhos good luck everyone :D

Pewpewfiah wrote: »
    Grats on anyones whos waiting for the next patch now, but remember we are only in the early stages theres no mad raid equivelents yet, tier 4 was relativly easy to get when TBC came out if you had a good amount of knowledge of your class, and so is T7 right now, its not gona be the Lich King from the get go or it would ruin it wouldnt it lol :P

While alot of that is true blizz have said that they will not be making an instance as hard as sunwell again. I dont have a link but im sure its available on bluetracker. So the Lich King isnt going to be as hard as kil'jaeden which many will probbaly think is a good thing but i am unsure and will wait until we are at that stage of raiding before making any comments on it.

As for T4 being as easy to get as T7 i am not 100% sure about that as i was taking a break from wow at the time but you did not have people running around with everything epic within a month of launch. Yes there was easy epics to be had in kara but not as many as there is now. hell you can even get 2/5 T4 without stepping in a raid nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

PUG'd Sarth (25man) a couple days ago, down in first run.

Pug'd Naxx tonight, got as far as Grubbulous (or whatever his name was, Killed him and got a nice ring for my DK) - failed to kill the next boss (Gluth) as people dropped out after a few wipes but got him to 2% on the last try.

Topping the DPS tables in every Heroic or Raid I've been in thus far with my DK, Unholy spec with points in Blood. Enjoying the time off from work to finally start some heroic and raiding again, but that'll all change once I'm back to work in January, won't have time :/

Oh also Pug'd Archie, normal and heroic, dropped mank loot both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just cleared Naxx tonight, took 3 days. Got some nice gear for my efforts, this is me. It was awesome, but now I don't want to see warcraft for another week, it was ****ing intense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just cleared Naxx tonight, took 3 days. Got some nice gear for my efforts, this is me. It was awesome, but now I don't want to see warcraft for another week, it was ****ing intense!

Congrats Karl :) Some nice gear you got now.
    Really enjoyed my time in there myself even if it was a pick up group, but yeah, intense but the loot that dropped seemed to please everyone so made the effort worthwhile.
    Just love to find now a decent guild who raided 8pm to 1am, am missing proper raiding so much :/

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Congrats Karl :) Some nice gear you got now.
    Really enjoyed my time in there myself even if it was a pick up group, but yeah, intense but the loot that dropped seemed to please everyone so made the effort worthwhile.
    Just love to find now a decent guild who raided 8pm to 1am, am missing proper raiding so much :/

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm incredibly pleased with the gear I got, extremely happy about the Skull of Ruin especially, before this I was using crafted items and reputation items, my trusty Red Sword of Courage being pretty much the only epic drop I had. But yeah over the last while, got quite a few pieces that I was hoping for, such as the Bracers of the Herald and Bolstered Leggings. I had been running Nexus over and over again for the helm, which I didn't really mind because it's a fun instance.

But yeah, this was my first proper raid. I mean, I've done Archevon before, but that was nothing compared to Naxxramas, that was piss easy and required very little coordination, took about 25 minutes maybe. Naxx took a good 4 or 5 hours spread out over 3 days, it was something else entirely. I never really realised how absolutely draining an experience it could be, especially towards the end, Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad were pretty tough, and I just feel physically exhausted, I'm wiped. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it immensely, because I loved every minute of it, but I really can't even look at the game again now, I feel so blown out.

Naxxramas

Plague Quarter: Cleared
    Noth the Plaguebringer - Killed
    Heighan the Unclean - Killed
    Loatheb - Killed
    Construct Quarter: In Progress
    Patchwerk - Killed
    Grobbulus - Killed
    Gluth - Killed
    Thadius - Failed
    Death Knight Wing: Cleared
    Instructor Razuvius - Killed
    Gothik the Harvester - Killed
    The four Horsemen - Killed
    Spider Wing: Cleared
    Anub'Rekhan - Killed
    Grand Widow Faerlina - Killed
    Maexxna - Killed

Inner Sanctum:
    Saphiron
    Kel'Thuzad

Obsidian Sanctum

Sartharion - Killed

Vault of Archavon

Archavon the Stone Watcher - Killed

Eye of Eternity

Malygos

Ulduar

Icecrown Citadel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Lethe - Mazrigos

All 25 man content cleared apart from Sartharion with 3 drakes,

1 and 2 drakes done.

GIEF ULDUAR PLX

attepting sarth with 1 drake now, will see how it goes.

• Advertisement

lol.... guess you DO have to clear the trash.

Failed badly, the guild wouldnt listne to me and not enter the portal but oh well... next week perhaps.

Got 25-Man Naxx under my belt now, picked up some nice loot, such as Boundless Ambition, Sand-Worn Band, Pauldrons of Unnatural Death and Chestguard of the Exhausted from the whole run, so pretty god damn awesome. :D

25man sarth down with 0 drakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

anti, the key to 3 drakes is not entering portals till tenebron and shadron are down. blow everything you have in burning them, then go portals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Inquisition (A) Emeriss. All 25 man content down except Sartharion 3 Drake. Damn Sartharion is fun with adds ;)

Dustaz wrote: »
    anti, the key to 3 drakes is not entering portals till tenebron and shadron are down. blow everything you have in burning them, then go portals.

Thanks for that, gonna give it a go tomorrow when it all resets.

killed 10 man Malygos last night after a few wipes, felt really really good :)

got the cloth chest from him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

2 nights of raiding and im flying :) only got 7.5 hands so far drop wise though.

OS 25 man : cleared with 0 drakes
    OS 10 man : cleared with 1 drake

VOA 25 man : cleared
    VOA 10 man : cleared

NAXX 10 man : starting tomorow, later this week for the 25.

a friend got me into Gnome Pest Control Inc, theyre probably top 2 horde guild on laughing skull.

chuffed hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

nax 10/25 - cleared
    Voa - cleared
    Os 10 - cleared 2 drakes
    Os 25 - cleared 3 drakes
    Maly 10/25 - cleared

Going alrite, i guess.

Advertisement