Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partitioning under windows xp

• 27-11-2008 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Maybe this is an FAQ but...

I've just been reading that when partitioning under Windows, it's recommended (actually the book I was looking at said "you must") to have one primary for XP itself and then use logical partitions within an extended partition for any further partitions. It was only OK to use further primary partitions for Non-Windows installs only...

I'm not sure why... Is there a reason one shouldn't just have, say, three primary partitions?

I do remember getting caught badly under Windows NT4 when I had:
    Pri (NTFS, NT), Pri (Non-windows), Pri (NTFS, data).

When I had to reinstall NT, I deleted the 1st Pri partition. The damn installer then created an extended partition with one logical, installed NT in that and then wouldn't boot. I had to patch the data partition in the partition table from "7" (NTFS) to something else, then install NT, then patch it back. Madness!

Advertisement