Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aston Martin Rapide

Options
  • 27-11-2008 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

First official images;

2AstonMartinRapideofficiali.jpg

3AstonMartinRapideofficiali.jpg

Beautiful.

A lesson on how to design a four door super saloon. Take note Porsche.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Bloody hell.

Its gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Emm i just .......

Where did i leave the tissues?

Savage looking car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Aye, very nice.

Didn't initially notice the rear doors at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

it looked even nicer in the metal when we seen it last august,and sounded nicer too - here's a pic

dsc02186da5.jpg

Looky what was there the same day!!

dsc02407vn2.jpg
    dsc02408wv0.jpg

If it went on sound the porsche would win hands down.im nearly sure i have some video footage somewhere,might dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Porsche really should take lessons from Aston Martin on how to incorporate the classic design of their sports cars into a beautiful looking 4 door saloon. The Rapide is a stunner, the Porsche on the other hand is horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Though nicer looking than the porsche by a considerable margin both cars look like they just stretched their smaller siblings, DB9 and 911 respectivly.

The Lambo is much better looking the these two and at least looks like a totally new car rather than a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Though nicer looking than the porsche by a considerable margin both cars look like they just stretched their smaller siblings, DB9 and 911 respectivly.

The Lambo is much better looking the these two and at least looks like a totally new car rather than a stretch.

Is that the Lambo that was on Top Gear recently~?? if so then I agree it was much nicer than the porsche and a bit nicer than this Aston...

Can't remember the name of it now to post an image...

edit found one:
    lamborghini-estoque_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Estoque>>Rapide>>Panamera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

OMFG... Want. That's got to be the nicest saloon i've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I think.......

the Aston is gorgeous, winner all round.
    The Panamera has a hint of GS300 about it from those pics above
    The Estoque has a hint of Aston Martin Lagonda about it.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Estoque>Rapide>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Panamera

Agreed, with a slight adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

neacy69 wrote: »
    Is that the Lambo that was on Top Gear recently~?? if so then I agree it was much nicer than the porsche and a bit nicer than this Aston...

Yes, it is.
    2 Espressi wrote: »
    Estoque>>Rapide>>Panamera

Definitly
    cianclarke wrote: »
    OMFG... Want. That's got to be the nicest saloon i've ever seen.

You can't have seen the Lambo then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Damn!!! only two numbers last night and on different lines..WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

cheapo Quaottroporte for me !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    First official images;
    Beautiful.

A lesson on how to design a four door super saloon. Take note Porsche.

I believe these images have been out for a coupe of years at this stage. The plate on it says "Detroit 06" from when it was first revealed at the 2006 Detroit Motor Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Why do all these sporty Astons and Jags look identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Should have brought it out in the 90's would have been really bleedin rapid then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

cheapo Quaottroporte for me !!

...my thoughts exactly !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement