Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka expresses interest in City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Can you not just merge this thread with the existing City thread?

It would be suicide for Hughes to sign Kaka in my opinion. It would make the grouping of Elano, Joe, Robinhio and Kaka far too strong and if rumours of them plotting against Hughes are remotely true, he is rightly buggered.

100 million worth of Brazillian talent earning 20 million a year between them is always going to take priority over a young, relatively inexperienced manager who has ultimately done little of any significance during his career.

City have sufficient talent up top for them to challenge the top 4. What they don't have is the ability to consistently keep clean sheets as their back 4 and defensive midfielders are no where near as good as is needed.

Spend 100 million across the back four and Hughes may actually be able to keep his job and ultimately prove himself. As things are progressing, it all appears pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I agree with you that solid signings like Toure and Diarra are needed but if we were to get them along with a superstar name in January then I won't complain.

As I said in the OP the reason for this thread was to get reactions of more than just myself, yourself and one or two others. I seem to have done that :)

fair enough xavi, although with the effect robihno has brought, another superstar would be fantastic just for excitement. the only problem is when petrov and johnson and maybe bojinov come back, where will they all play. still its a better complaint than not having enough quality players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bump time!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/163100m-city-in-record-bid-for-milans-kaka-1334461.html
    £100m: City in record bid for Milan's Kaka

Eastlands club on brink of completing astonishing deal for Brazilian superstar

Milan's Kaka is the subject of a £100m bid from Manchester City that would more than double the world-record transfer fee

Manchester City have launched football's most astonishing transfer bid – a world record £100m cash offer to Milan for Kaka, which City were highly confident last night would succeed in bringing the Brazilian to Eastlands.

A source close to the negotiations told The Independent last night that the deal was "99 per cent done" following a meeting in which City's executive chairman Garry Cook and two representatives of Sheikh Mansour al-Nahyan tabled a bid plus an offer of £15m a season wages to entice the player. Though Milan have provided no official sense of whether Kaka is leaving, a report on the website of Mediaset, the media company owned by Milan proprietor Silvio Berlusconi, reported that the offer "would be difficult for Milan to turn down."

The carefully worded statement is understood to have been seen and approved by Berlusconi and City. The incredible sums on offer are, it seems, likely to swing the deal. Berlusconi has recently insisted that Kaka is not for sale at any price and a brief, untimed statement by him on Mediaset's website said that he "hopes" Kaka will stay.

But this statement suggested otherwise. "This time they [Manchester City] are here for real," it said. "They want Kaka at whatever cost. City moved to open the transfer bid. [City] have always wanted Kaka as their main target to relaunch an all-star squad which is capable of competing with their cousins [Manchester] United, the world champions." Also present at the meeting were Ernesto Bronzetti, Milan's commercial director, who has responsibility for transfers, and Kia Joorabchian.

Joorabchian, who has been working independently of Manchester City in the deal through his company Sport Invest, has been urging this offer for weeks. The businessman, who was instrumental in bringing Robinho to Eastlands has, as The Independent revealed last month, urged Cook to embark on the policy of attempting bringing a single mega-star to City, rather than to head down the route which Chelsea followed – of attracting many lower bracket players like Hernan Crespo, Juan Sebastian Veron and others. Joorabchian has told City that a player of Kaka's calibre now will help open the door to others such as Gianluigi Buffon, David Villa and Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer.

Kaka was always the top target identified by Joorabchian, who confirmed to The Independent last night that the figures quoted by Mediaset were accurate. Though City's new Arab owners have always been behind the plan, also advocated by the influential agent Pini Zahavi, there were initial suggestions that Mark Hughes was less than enthusiastic and it has been a concern to Joorabchian that Cook and City's managing director, Paul Aldridge, may prefer to head down Hughes' route of hiring proven Premier League players for the difficult months ahead.

"They are going for a big player," a source, who has been involved in the discussions, said in December. "If they really want to be a big club and move to a new level they need to get a big player in and that would mean one of Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo or Tevez, because of his availability. Unless a player like that can be signed then it will be a struggle and the sooner it is done the better, which means trying to do so in January. Then others will follow."

Many in Italy still consider it inconceivable that Kaka will leave Milan for a labouring City side. But there is a school of thought that Berlusconi has sanctioned David Beckham's arrival to give fans the sense that there is a new superstar to take the place of the outgoing one. Kaka has publicly expressed a desire to play in the Premier League and is known to have had discussions with Robinho about a move to City. The £32m man's presence would be a huge part of the draw for Kaka and, as things currently stand, his signing in the summer is looking a more vital part of City's development plans than ever.

If the Kaka offer does fail, City's bid for a megastar would appear to be labouring. John Terry is very much in that bracket, though the prospect of him leaving Stamford Bridge is remote in the extreme. Villa is equally reluctant to leave Valencia. That is why City are so delighted about the way yesterday's meeting went.

One view in Italy has it that Kaka will be persuaded that his future might lie elsewhere because he is no longer the most beloved player at San Siro. That position is filled by Pato these days. A move of such proportions would dwarf the £48m that Real Madrid paid Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001 – and delight Sheih Mansour. Rumour has been rife around Eastlands that the Sheikh has been looking for a "present" to himself and the club, capable of raising its profile as Robinho's arrival did in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

99% done!

That has to be bull****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

He'll be good for plugging that defensive hole. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Jesus H. Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

100 million sounds like fantasy talk

If he does go, which I don't think he will, it will be far less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

oh lol, Its like When Roman came in all those years ago, only now on crack!

From Sporting Life's transfer watch -
    0835: Just to clarify, if Kaka joins Manchester City we now have Gareth Friel eating his computer and Harvey Burgess heading to Maribor to buy Miha Jurgec a drink. Anyone care to raise bar, bearing in mind pictoral evidence MUST be sent in should it happen. Have to say, I'm more aligned to the red half of Manchester but there's part of me now wanting this move to happen!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I think I would lose so much respect for Kaka if this was to happen, but I don't think it will tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Hilarious.

I work with a Man City season ticket holder and he's steaming about this.

If this happens -

1 - Kaka is not moving for a footballing reasons (duh!)

2 - Is Kaka on a downward spiral?

3 - City plainly do not need Kaka

4 - Is this a Hughes signing? I doubt it.

5 - The price and wages being mentioned in the press is ridiculous at best.

6 - Kaka is a slightly older version of Robinho, someone please tell me how these 2 lads are going to feature (successfully) in the same team?

7 - City would have been better off breaking the bank and spending the cash on a TOP class midfielder such as Essien (if he was fit obviously).

8 - Does Kaka have the fight for a 2nd half season run in considering City's league position? Hmmm.

A fool and their money are easily parted as the saying goes ;) On the other hand for the quality of the league I hope he comes over with the right attitude and proves to add value, I just don't think its the right thing for City at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Can a MOD please change the title of this thread to "Kaka expresses interest in earning £500,000 a week" for accuracy. I doubt he knew who Man city were last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Or more accurately "AC Milan express interest in 100m pounds"

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote: »
    2 - Is Kaka on a downward spiral?

Lol the first bit of begrudgery. To be expected though.
    3 - City plainly do not need Kaka

Every club needs Kaka.
    4 - Is this a Hughes signing? I doubt it.

Who cares?
    5 - The price and wages being mentioned in the press is ridiculous at best.

So?
    6 - Kaka is a slightly older version of Robinho, someone please tell me how these 2 lads are going to feature (successfully) in the same team?

Kaka plays centrally, Robinho plays wide. Thought that one would be obvious.
    7 - City would have been better off breaking the bank and spending the cash on a TOP class midfielder such as Essien (if he was fit obviously).

Maybe you don't understand the situation correctly. We can buy Robinho, Kaka and whatever other superstars AND still have billions to buy a defensive midfielder. Our owners make the Kaka fee in interest every day.
    8 - Does Kaka have the fight for a 2nd half season run in considering City's league position? Hmmm.

Same thing was said about Robinho when he signed. Remind me how he's got on....

Can a MOD please change the title of this thread to "Kaka expresses interest in earning £500,000 a week" for accuracy. I doubt he knew who Man city were last week.

Eh I think you'll find he did seeing as the OP was from November :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Well, you are 15th in the league, is that enough of a reminder?

This could be the worst signing in the history of football, at this point in the season there is a very real prospect of relegation for City, what will Kaka, Robinho et al do then? Certainly no European football next year, I don't know how this can be sustainable.

If the owners have so much money, the club must also be a fairly through away item to them, meaning if City go down they will just sell it off cheap and buy Bolton (or some other cheap mid table side).

Draupnir wrote: »
    Well, you are 15th in the league, is that enough of a reminder?

That wasn't the question.

Robinho is the second top scorer in the Premiership in a team, that you correctly point out, is in 15th position. Yet he was questioned when he arrived.

It thinks it's safe to say he's done ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I just cant see why Kaka would go to a club where he knows it will be another 2 years at least before he plays in the CL again. I don't think he seems like the sort of player who is solely motivated by money either so I don't think that would be a reason. Theres an interesting article on the subject on channel4.com's football Italia site. It quotes him as saying
    The Scudetto and to return to the Champions League,” he replied. “Watching Manchester United play for the world title and knowing that I must wait at least two years for that honour really hurt me
    when asked him what he wanted from 2009 in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, so why would he join City if he felt this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

That wasn't the question.

Robinho is the second top scorer in the Premiership in a team, that you correctly point out, is in 15th position. Yet he was questioned when he arrived.

It thinks it's safe to say he's done ok.

But that just shows exactly why you never should have signed Robinho and should never sign Kaka, at least not if they are purchases in isolation.

For 100 million, you could buy Given and a very good back four and actually win 12+ games before the end of the season, make it into the UEFA Cup and then buy Kaka!

This just seems like crap football management to me at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

£500,000 p/w LOL

I for one would love to see Kaka play in the P League.

I would be worried if I supported City, these signings seem to be madness, they should model themselves on Villa and build a team not go off and throw money at their current problems, I cant see how Kaka is going to stop City's leaky defense, I would have thought a quality CB would be a priority for Hughes. I wonder what will happen to Ireland and Johnson if Kaka arrives? Can Ireland, Kompany, Kaka, SWP and Robihno all play together??? I could see them particularly Ireland and Kaka getting in each others way

I think that comment says a lot more about you than it does about me tbh. Are people not entitled to an opinion? I dont begrudge anybody the right to sign a player and I am sure you don't begrudge the right to people to comment on it otherwise this forum would cease to exist :)

Every club needs Kaka.
    Do they :confused: Highly contestable statement. I would say some managers wouldnt bother their hoop signing him (financials aside) if they thought it would upset the balance of the side.
    Who cares?
    Woops, there goes the defensiveness again.
    So?
    Whoah, and again!

Kaka plays centrally, Robinho plays wide. Thought that one would be obvious.
    Robinho has played both this season I think you will find, that aside to me they are both similar type players, they aren't out and midfielders nor are they out and out forwards so inherently they are similar but if you want to be pedantic about where they should play then thats cool :)

Maybe you don't understand the situation correctly. We can buy Robinho, Kaka and whatever other superstars AND still have billions to buy a defensive midfielder. Our owners make the Kaka fee in interest every day.
    Didnt take you long to adjust to the big spending feeling did it LOL. Happy days, I'm delighted for City tbh, I wait patiently for a that big name CM that they so badly need. Maybe they'll offer £50m today for Mascherano :pac:

Scored a pen against Chelsea and a hat trick against Stoke, the odd goal here and there. I can't profess to have seen him in every game but I refer to my season ticket friend and he wouldnt play Robinho, he thinks they do better without him in the most part. The Schalke away game being a case in point.

Draupnir wrote: »

For 100 million, you could buy Given and a very good back four and actually win 12+ games before the end of the season, make it into the UEFA Cup and then buy Kaka!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I think this is not going to happen,but if does...God help us all:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Kaka would be a savage signing for anyone. I don't understand how ppl can question whether this is a good deal or not:confused:

The fact is that City can buy 12 Kaka's (in case one of them gets injured!) and still have change. He is without doubt one of the best players in the world and unlike some of Chelsea's early signings (Veron for instance) he is still young and hungry enough to do really well.

Plus I wouldn't be too hard on criticising him for taking the money on offer because I would assume it's as much about Milan wanting to cash in.

Of course it won't sort out their defensive issues but who is to say that they are finished buying?? They have already bought Bridge who is a good defender and they may splash the cash on other defensive players too.

I still doubt this will happen due to Kaka's own feelings on Milan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

The word fantasy has been used quite a lot in this thread. I'd like to add another. Obscenity.

I think that comment says a lot more about you than it does about me tbh. Are people not entitled to an opinion? I dont begrudge anybody the right to sign a player and I am sure you don't begrudge the right to people to comment on it otherwise this forum would cease to exist :)

Of course but it's this idea that City shouldn't have a player of that calibre.
    Do they :confused: Highly contestable statement. I would say some managers wouldnt bother their hoop signing him (financials aside) if they thought it would upset the balance of the side.

I really can't see any manager saying no to Kaka if offered him on a plate.
    Robinho has played both this season I think you will find, that aside to me they are both similar type players, they aren't out and midfielders nor are they out and out forwards so inherently they are similar but if you want to be pedantic about where they should play then thats cool :)

I've watched every Premiership game bar one and half the Uefa Cup (over 20 in total) and Robino has played on the left hand side every single time. I'm not lying about that.

We play 4-3-3. The only time we played with a front two was away to Fulham when Robinho was injured.

He has not played as a striker once.

Didnt take you long to adjust to the big spending feeling did it LOL. Happy days, I'm delighted for City tbh, I wait patiently for a that big name CM that they so badly need. Maybe they'll offer £50m today for Mascherano :pac:

To be honest I'm still in a state of shock. From Bellamy to Kaka in less than a week! It's hard not to be a bit giddy :D
    Scored a pen against Chelsea and a hat trick against Stoke, the odd goal here and there.

11 goals in 15 games is impossible to dismiss as 'the odd goal here and there'.
    I can't profess to have seen him in every game but I refer to my season ticket friend and he wouldnt play Robinho, he thinks they do better without him in the most part. The Schalke away game being a case in point.

Your friend is dillusional. Arsenal, Portsmouth, Stoke and Hull at home, Blackbutn away - we would have been lost without Robinho.

Contrast that to Fulham, West Brom and Nottingham Forest and it's safe to say we play better when he is in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

As much as I don't think this signing will happen:

- Kaka makes any team in the world better right now. He is one of the top five most effective players in the world;
    - He's not the same type of player as Robinho (ffs at whoever said that);
    - He's Brazilian. They like money and have traditionally shown a mercenary spirit. Don't think Kaka is that different;

Of course but it's this idea that City shouldn't have a player of that calibre.
    I never said they shouldnt. Go for it lads!

I really can't see any manager saying no to Kaka if offered him on a plate..
    Logically you would think so, but just think of the expectation that it brings...Hughes has a more than capable side at the moment and currently has over £50m worth of forward talent available to him and look at where City are. Is Kaka going to tackle like a tiger in midfield or make last ditch tackles or get the team playing again?

I've watched every Premiership game bar one and half the Uefa Cup (over 20 in total) and Robino has played on the left hand side every single time. I'm not lying about that.

We play 4-3-3. The only time we played with a front two was away to Fulham when Robinho was injured.
    Again its a tough one to really make sense of. You look at the team line ups against Hull,Utd & Stoke at home and it appears he played 'up top'

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/mancity/reports/

Your friend is dillusional. Arsenal, Portsmouth, Stoke and Hull at home, Blackburn away - we would have been lost without Robinho.

Contrast that to Fulham, West Brom and Nottingham Forest and it's safe to say we play better when he is in the team.
    He's been called worse here :D They are p*ss easy examples to pick out in fairness as he scored in them all ;)

City 0-1 Everton - Robinho plays (subbed on 82 mins)
    Bolton 2-0 City - Robinho plays
    Middlesboro 2-0 City - Robinho plays
    Wigan 2-1 City - Robinho plays

Me thinks my friend might not be as delusional as you think and may well have a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

If city get kaka the likes of yaya etc will come running, will make it a much quicker process then laying the foundations first and then trying to get the stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Me thinks my friend might not be as delusional as you think and may well have a point.

so is he expected to win every match for them? Robinho has been much better than i expected and has had a very good debut season in the EPL - i dont see how anyone could question that...

you would think so, but just think of the expectation that it brings...Hughes has a more than capable side at the moment and currently has over £50m worth of forward talent available to him and look at where City are. Is Kaka going to tackle like a tiger in midfield or make last ditch tackles or get the team playing again?

I don't think that would be his role, nor should it be. We have Ireland and Kompany for that
    Again its a tough one to really make sense of. You look at the team line ups against Hull,Utd & Stoke at home and it appears he played 'up top'

If he played up front in any of those games can you tell me who played on the left wing?
    He's been called worse here :D They are p*ss easy examples to pick out in fairness as he scored in them all ;)

He can't play like a God in every game!

The fact is he has contributed faaaaar more good than bad and that's what really matters.

Of all the players to be getting criticised he is, along with Zab, Vinny K and Ireland, one of the few that should be exempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't understand why anyone is surprised by this or can't imagining it happen. Man City can now afford who they want.
    In saying that, i would lose complete respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

as would i.

especially if the 500k a week figure bandied about is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kaka's adviser has warned Manchester City that they must prove their ambition if they want to sign the AC Milan superstar.

Widespread reports suggest Manchester City officials have travelled to Milan in a bid to broker a sensational move for the Brazil international.

Reports have claimed City are prepared to break the bank to bring Kaka to Eastlands in a world record transfer deal.

However, Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho insists the player will not be swayed by money and that he will only join City if they can match his ambitions.

"To accept Manchester City, Kaka wouldn't do a matter based on money", he told Corriere dello Sport. "But to the competitiveness of the English side.

"Ricky would like a strong side. He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with not a winning solution."

Milan have always insisted Kaka was not for sale at any price, but it remains to be seen if they will be able to resist the mega offer from City in this month's transfer window.

A City delegation led by chief executive Garry Cook flew to Italy on Tuesday to put a £100million proposal to Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Mr Alan wrote: »
    as would i.

especially if the 500k a week figure bandied about is true.

Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but are you saying that you would loose respect for Kaka if he took £500,000 a week? If it is what you're saying, why? Would you loose respect for an employee of Barclays bank, if he took a role with HBOS for over 5 times the money? Or would you call it common sense?

JimiTime wrote: »
    Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but are you saying that you would loose respect for Kaka if he took £500,000 a week? If it is what you're saying, why? Would you loose respect for an employee of Barclays bank, if he took a role with HBOS for over 5 times the money? Or would you call it common sense?
    Kaka has always struck me as an exception to the 'mercenary' norm, in any interview he's always harping on about Jesus and seems like a decent fella (unlike some of his compatriots). Moving to a struggling Man City team would be a huge backwards step for the player, no disrespect to Blues but he's better than that. Different kettle of fish to Robinho who always had the spoiled brat/truant streak and was always going where the cash was flowing.

Just can't see this happening anytime soon.

JimiTime wrote: »

no i am saying i would lose respect for Kaka, if despite pleas very recently that he didnt want to wait to play top flight football again, he signed up for a relegation battle with a team who will not be in the CL for at least a couple of years-because of the obscene amount of money they'd pay him.

• Advertisement

Apparently we made an initial approach for Kaka two weeks ago and this is a follow up as the first one went well.

Odds on to sign him with William Hill now too.
    KAKA ODDS-ON TO JOIN CITY, SAY WILLIAM HILL

WILLIAM HILL believe that Manchester City's audacious bid to sign Kaka is very likely to succeed and are offering odds of 4/6 that he will be a City player by the time the current transfer window closes

EDIT: Lol Berlusconi's tv station are running a poll as to whether Kaka should be sold. All the City fans have gotten a sniff and are banging in yes votes all over the place! :pac:

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/sondaggi/sondaggio736.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

While it seems to be the top sports story on these shores there is actually nothing being mentioned about it Italy as far as I know. Not even gazzetta has picked the story up yet which is strange as they are usually up to speed on these things.

As i have said numerous times over the last 2 days, I would gladly take 100 million for him providing we have adequete replacements lined up. Milan over the last 2 years have changed him into a far less effective player and they need a complete overhaul of the squad and while i dont think pinning the hopes of the squad on pato's shoulders is the answer he can surely be part od something special if they get the right people in to improve the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I hope he goes - it would be great to see Kaka playing in the Championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

tbh this is a bit ridiculous, were struggling in the league, out of the cups, very little chance of european football next season. why on earth would kaka want to play for us. let hughes do the signing and get some solid defensive players. no point in having 11 kakas if we cant win the ball.

bigstar wrote: »
    tbh this is a bit ridiculous, were struggling in the league, out of the cups, very little chance of european football next season. why on earth would kaka want to play for us. let hughes do the signing and get some solid defensive players. no point in having 11 kakas if we cant win the ball.

finally, a bit of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

As I said in the other thread, once ye don't sign defenders, I don't care who ye sign..

• Advertisement

It's not begrudgery Xavi. I'm just jealous that Man City have more money than Liverpool and can afford who they want so i want City to crash and burn and go out of existence.
    Your 'begrudgery' jibes cut to the bone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

the bitterness in this thread is unbelievable

someone even asked was kaka past it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

bigstar wrote: »

Who is to say that they won't sign some defensive players?? They have already signed Bridge who is a "solid defensive player".

Also to anyone saying that they would lose respect for Kaka, realistically it is not just his choice. Milan may want to cash in and if you were Kaka would you rather stay where you are clearly not wanted as much anymore or sign for the richest club in the world who have just shown their intent to sign the best players at any price?

I know I'd be packing my bags if I were Kaka once I heard that Milan had agreed.

event wrote: »
    someone even asked was kaka past it :)

lol at that.

hope i aint included in the bitter jibe! :D

Yeah, the Kaka 'past it' stuff is crazy. Still one of the best players in the world
    !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement