Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka expresses interest in City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I love to see him playing in the prem and hey and if city carry on as they are I might get to see him play against forest in the campionship next season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Trippie wrote: »
    top sports story on these shores
    An interesting expression. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

woooo232 wrote: »
    Who is to say that they won't sign some defensive players?? They have already signed Bridge who is a "solid defensive player".

yeah thats right and bridge was a hughes signing, just like zab and kompany. more of those types of players please. kaka is class no doubt and im sure it would be great to see him in the PL, but mostly for neutrals. personally i dont think he would improve the team dramatically without the strong defensive base weve been lacking. so it would be great for you lot to watch us lose 6-5 every weekend but it wouldnt be that enjoyable for me.

i also think if hughes doesnt get the types of players he wants we will still struggle and he will be sacked in the summer so its in his interest to sign more defensive players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Man City in talks over Kaka deal

Manchester City have opened talks with Italian side AC Milan over the possible transfer of superstar playmaker Kaka.

A City delegation has been in Milan and reportedly made a bid in the region of 100m euros, with a weekly wage of £500,000 on offer for the Brazilian.

A report on the website of Mediaset, a TV company owned by Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, suggested City want the 26-year-old "at all costs".

The Eastlands club has so far refused to comment officially on the story.

A City spokeswoman told BBC Radio Manchester: "We have been linked with in excess of 70 names that could have been coming in this transfer window. 606: DEBATE
    To pay someone £500,000 per week to kick a football, no matter how brilliantly, perfectly illustrates just how insane our world actually is

BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher

"We are not going to be drawn into any speculation on any names, no matter who they might be."

Meanwhile, AC Milan confirmed on Wednesday that their chief executive Adriano Galliani had met officials from City on Tuesday to discuss Kaka's future.

In a statement, the Serie A club said: "Galliani received a delegation from Manchester City yesterday in Milan as a gesture of courtesy like always in these cases. There are no talks at the moment."

The current record for a player's signature is £46m when France's Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001.

Kaka joined Serie A giants Milan from Sao Paulo in 2003 and has since won the league title, Champions League and Club World Cup.

The attacking midfielder has also picked up the Ballon d'Or and Fifa World Player of the Year awards in 2007.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, estimated to be worth £15bn, took over as City owner in September 2008 and extensive funds have been made available to manager Mark Hughes.

However, he has only secured the services of Wayne Bridge in January's transfer window, with bids rejected for West Ham forward Craig Bellamy and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The four-man delegation who travelled to Italy to initiate talks with the Milan officials is believed to have included executive chairman Garry Cook and two representatives of the Sheikh.

BBC Radio 5 Live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis says the reported move underlines Sheikh Mansour's "desire to transform Manchester City", although he added "actually pulling off what would be an incredible coup is another matter entirely".

With the club struggling in 15th position in the Premier League, it would give City an incredible boost if they were to seal the deal for one of the world's best players.

However, it is thought the move to target Kaka is being driven by the club's top officials rather than Hughes himself.

Having started his career with Sao Paulo where he scored 58 goals, Kaka moved to Milan for £5m and has scored 86 goals in 244 appearances. RECORD TRANSFERS
    £47m Zinedine Zidane (Juventus - Real Madrid)
    £37m Luis Figo (Barcelona - Real Madrid)
    £34m Hernan Jorge Crespo (Parma - Lazio)
    £32.5m Robinho (Real Madrid - Man City)
    £31m Christian Vieri (Lazio - Inter Milan)
    £30.75m Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham - Manchester United)

He has also picked up 62 caps for Brazil scoring 23 goals having made his debut against Bolivia in January 2002 and featured in the 2002 World Cup winning squad.

Kaka is on a contract at the San Siro until 2013 and although he stated in February that he wanted to remain at Milan for the rest of his career, he did hint at a desire to play in the Premier League - which he has described as the "best championship in the world".

Following Robinho's surprise £32.5 move to Eastlands in September and not, as expected, to Chelsea, Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho warned City it would need more than a large cheque to persuade the player to move.

"Kaka wouldn't do anything based on money," Kotscho told Corriere dello Sport. "He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with a solution that was not a winning one."

Italian football expert Gabrielle Marcotti told BBC Radio 5 Live he believed the City delegation had begun conversations with Milan representatives talking about signing goalkeeper Nelson Dida.

"As I understand it, they went to Milan supposedly under the ruse of talking about another player and in the course of the conversation they brought up Kaka and said they would be prepared to spend this much," Marcotti said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7827696.stm

His weekly wage if believed is ludicrous. There is not a player on the planet who deserves such an amount or who could justify it. If he moves this is totally a money thing. In fairness to Kaka he would be insane to turn that amount down. I would love to see him in the premiership. Think City are going to have to expand the stadium soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Mr Alan wrote: »
    lol at that.

hope i aint included in the bitter jibe! :D

no, just some of the others

why people call it crazy i dont know, saying they should buy defenders instead

do people know how much money they have?
    they could buy kaka plus all the defenders they wanted, and the owners wouldnt even know they had spent money

perhaps they have decided to buy kaka first, then use the fact they have kaka and robinho to tempt others

EDIT:

Also, some people, cant remember who, said they would lose respect for him if he moves for money. Id lose respect if he didnt. If its £500,000 per week, thats £26,000,000 per year.
    who here would turn that down?
    also, he gives 10% of his wages to his church, so they would also profit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

event wrote: »
    no, just some of the others

why people call it crazy i dont know, saying they should buy defenders instead

do people know how much money they have?
    they could buy kaka plus all the defenders they wanted, and the owners wouldnt even know they had spent money

perhaps they have decided to buy kaka first, then use the fact they have kaka and robinho to tempt others

I suppose the thing is though, there is no game plan. It's just buy up the superstars, but as Real Madrid proved, it doesn't mean you have the best team.
    All the money should go to the manager and let him buy who he wants to bring the trophies in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

we'll wait & see Event, but i doubt there will be many more players coming in this window if they spend 100m on Kaka & commit to another 100m on wages.

as has been pointed, i dont see wat Kaka brings to a relegation battle.

also, would this mean the end for Stephen Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bigstar wrote: »
    yeah thats right and bridge was a hughes signing, just like zab and kompany. more of those types of players please. kaka is class no doubt and im sure it would be great to see him in the PL, but mostly for neutrals. personally i dont think he would improve the team dramatically without the strong defensive base weve been lacking. so it would be great for you lot to watch us lose 6-5 every weekend but it wouldnt be that enjoyable for me.

i also think if hughes doesnt get the types of players he wants we will still struggle and he will be sacked in the summer so its in his interest to sign more defensive players

I don't see why we can't have a healthy balance tbh.

Robinho = Kompany + Zab

Kaka = Bridge + ????

Happy days.
    also, would this mean the end for Stephen Ireland?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

If Berlusconi is that stupid to sell Kaka than he can accept peacefully his team is going to be average in Italian championship,without Kaka and with those old folks they showed they worth nothing and no matter how much money they get i am not sure they can get some good replacement atm

Xavi, you're working off the assumption that yous are well balanced now, do you think yous are? If yous are well balanced, why you sturggling so much this year? if yous aren't, do you think Bridge & Kaka are the answers to the problems you have at the minute? honestly
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    No

both play centrally in an AM role from my understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Kaka says no politely

Kaka has enough money. He wants to play football in champions league. Not even uefa cup. No chance him going to city

While it seems to be the top sports story on these shores there is actually nothing being mentioned about it Italy as far as I know. Not even gazzetta has picked the story up yet which is strange as they are usually up to speed on these things.

Well as far as I'm aware this company is owned by Berlusconi and they are admitting there's an offer -

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/sondaggi/sondaggio736.shtml
    Xavi, you're working off the assumption that yous are well balanced now, do you think yous are? If yous are well balanced, why you sturggling so much this year? if yous aren't, do you think Bridge & Kaka are the answers to the problems you have at the minute? honestly

I never said we were well balanced. We lack a defensive midfielder, a centre, possibly a goalkeeper, and a natural goalscorer.

We did lack a left back but now have Bridge. That shows that we are addressing the problems while also going after other players.

both play centrally in an AM role from my understanding.

Indeed they do but we don't just play one attacking central midfielder. we play two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Kaka says no politely

Kaka has enough money. He wants to play football in champions league. Not even uefa cup. No chance him going to city

so why is the agent stirring ****

Looks like it's game over. Ah well.

Thats what agents do. If the deal ever did go threw the agent would get about 10million. I would be doing the same.

EDIT: Altough until its official I wouldnt think about anything about it. It could be to make milan fans think he wants to stay. Milan fans are amonst the craziest and there will be uproar if he was sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Looks like it's game over. Ah well.

Can we close the thread now

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/14/SOCCER_Man_City_Snap.html&TEAMHD=soccer

We can open a new thread when they bid for Messi later on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think its too early in the Man City project for him to join, City need to build a strong squad and compete for champions league spots then go after the likes of Kaka.

Although I have a feeling the City owners just want to show how much money they really have and want to sign one world star for 100 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Well as far as I'm aware this company is owned by Berlusconi and they are admitting there's an offer -

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/sondaggi/sondaggio736.shtml

Do you know how many things he actually owns. Im sure there is an offer but i would have my reservations about whether or not Milan are serious. According to people in italy "it is an offer Milan can't refuse" if Silvio doesnt introduce funds into the team in the summer. A lot will depend if he is willing to spend money this year or not. If he isnt going to they may have to take the offer if he does inject the cash needed then i think they'll try to build a team around Him,Ronnie and Pato.

When the story first broke wasnt it based on setting the deal up now and having Kaka move in the summer? this is what baffles me as to why the bookies are having it 4/6 that he will move this transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

( expected )

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote: »
    Can we close the thread now

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/14/SOCCER_Man_City_Snap.html&TEAMHD=soccer

We can open a new thread when they bid for Messi later on :D

The strange thing is if this was his attention all along then why have we been in Milan twice holding talks?

read an article that City went to Milan under the pretense they wanted talks about someone else (Dida was mentioned)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The strange thing is if this was his attention all along then why have we been in Milan twice holding talks?
    They could have been there taking to Ancelotti and reporters put 2&2 together and assumed it was Kaka :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

When the story first broke wasnt it based on setting the deal up now and having Kaka move in the summer? this is what baffles me as to why the bookies are having it 4/6 that he will move this transfer window.
    Did they start off at that price or was it driven down by people betting on it?

And in any case, I don't think it's a book where regular rules would apply. I think they would've been fairly confident offering whatever odds they felt would get people to bite on Kaka moving to City this window. I know I would've been if I was a bookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

read an article that City went to Milan under the pretense they wanted talks about someone else (Dida was mentioned)

Not sure about Dida as if there was interest shown in him Berlusconi would have flown him to Manchester himself and much like the drug running planes dumped him out on the runway and took off again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_4793353,00.html

Brazilian star Kaka has played down the prospect of joining Manchester City, saying he plans to stay at AC Milan.

Serie A giants Milan confirmed earlier on Wednesday that they met with a City delegation on Tuesday regarding their interest in Kaka.

City, backed by the Abu Dhabi United Group, were reportedly ready to offer £100million to persuade Milan to sell their classy playmaker.

Kaka's adviser Diogo Kotscho had indicated that the player would consider a move to City, if they matched his ambition, but the 26-year-old has moved to pledge his long-term future to the Rossoneri.

"As long as the club keep high objectives, my desire will always be to stay at Milan," Kaka told Mediaset, which is also owned by Milan president Silvio Berlusconi.

"I want to get old here and my objective for the future is to become this team's captain.

"I refused important offers in the past."

Kaka has a contract with Milan until 2013 and the news will be a massive boost to coach Carlo Ancelotti as they look to challenge rivals Inter for the Serie A title.

• Advertisement

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/12604/Reports_Redknapp_leaked_City-Kaka_talks.aspx
    Reports: Redknapp leaked City-Kaka talks

Author: Andrew Allen
    Posted on: 14 January 2009 - 12:00
    Category: Football
    Comments: 2 Go...

Italian newspaper Corriere Dello Sport claims that Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp leaked news of the Manchester City delegation’s arrival in Milan after arriving in the city himself to discuss possible moves for Internazionale’s Adriano and Oliveier Dacourt.

Manchester City sent chief executive Gary Cook and representatives of ADUG to the San Siro to thrash out a record-breaking deal for the Brazilian superstar yesterday. It was hoped that the move would be kept underwraps but Redknapp’s presence appears to have let the cat out of the bag.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate him anymore. He really is a horrible little man. I'm biting my tongue badly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What difference does it make whether Harry let the cat out of the bag or not?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wouldent be surprise if city negotiate a first option on Kaka for sum crazy fee, like here is five million if he does leave Milan we get first dibs at say 75m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Just when I thought I couldn't hate him anymore. He really is a horrible little man. I'm biting my tongue badly here.
    Its shocking how he thinks he can say what he likes and talk about other teams business/players and get away with it.
    Wanker.

isnt there any rules about speaking openly about other clubs dealings? ive always wondered as Harry in particular seems a lot more liberal when it comes to what he will blab about than other managers.

• Advertisement

What difference does it make whether Harry let the cat out of the bag or not?

Because he's a snake and everyone knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/12604/Reports_Redknapp_leaked_City-Kaka_talks.aspx

Yeah the deal was all set to go through if it weren't for 'arry, as this quote from Kaka confirms: "I was about to sign for City, but when I saw that 'orrible cant was here I became too p*ssed off to sign anything."

does anyone have anything more substantial than Xavis internet story saying that Harry leaked the deal? Quotes from him perhaps? or the people he leaked the deal to?

if not......stfu...tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Its shocking how he thinks he can say what he likes and talk about other teams business/players and get away with it.
    Wanker.

Massive over reaction to the Harry Redknapp thing, he isn't quoted in the press as saying anything, just that his presence is a suspected cause of the leak. He might have mentioned it to someone in a phone call who then mentioned it to someone else and so on...

I was lying on the beach in Marbella about 5 years ago and there was a permatanned, middle aged man on a sunbed a couple of spaces down from us. His mobile rang and when he answered, he started discussing football transfers (including trying to convince whoever he was talking to that Jermaine Defoe was available). I can only assume he was an agent of some description, was talking about bringing some young lower league kids to West Ham and stuff.

Now, I could have rang a newspaper and leaked that "news" at the time.

tbh i think its more just opinions of Redknapp and how he deals in public spilling out very little in actual fact to do with Xavi's Kaka story.

Why the hatred towards Harry, Xabi??? I think he's a triffic geezer!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why the hatred towards Harry, Xabi??? I think he's a triffic geezer!

Well we can start with leaving Portsmouth and going to Southampton, their biggest rivals.

Then he was so crap that he got Southampton relegated.

To top it off he went back to Portsmouth, despite saying he never would, and passed himself off a some sort of 'Agent 'arry - Loveable Rogue' to cover up his epic failure.

That's before we start on his (alleged) dodgy dealings and his pathetic claims that he could be England manager.

I'm sure there's more too.

Have to say, i really like him. I think he's a really good manager and seems a decent bloke. Jamie thinks he's top top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Hes a good manager in fairness.:cool:

No wins in 6?

The 'arm around the shoulder' tactic will only get you so far. He's a sham.

• Advertisement

Back OT, the conspiracy theorists amongst us City fans. Not believing the story about Kaka, saying it is merely something from Milan to please the fans and has been pieced together from a number of old articles -

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2008-01/09/content_6381115.htm
    "One day I want to captain Milan."

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=701959.html
    "I want to stay Rossonero all of my career. I want to stay here for life."

http://kakathegreat.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

As much as Id love to see Kaka play in the premiership I cant see him joining. Seems like he loves Milan.

KakaManCity_482x449.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

KakaManCity_482x449.jpg

How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Draupnir wrote: »
    How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building? :D

it needs to be at least three times bigger than this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

seems like you had to chop off his legs to get him to sign. Hope you know thats counterproductive in the long run.
    KakaManCity_482x449.jpg

Draupnir wrote: »

quality

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

its not gonna happen

Page last updated at 19:11 GMT, Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Kaka camp open to Man City talks

Kaka underlines his credentials as the world's best player with a wonder goal for Brazil in a friendly against Argentina in 2006

Brazil star Kaka's spokesman left the door open for a potential record-breaking transfer to Manchester City, if AC Milan wanted to sell the player.

A City delegation has been in Italy and reportedly made a bid in the region of £100m for the 26-year-old midfielder.

Kaka earlier vowed to stay at AC Milan but his advisor, Diogo Kotscho, says he is open to offers from Manchester City.

"It is not impossible, if Milan let us talk, then we will see what City have

to offer," Kotscho told BBC 5 Live.

But Kotscho added any move to Manchester City would be done for the right reasons and not just for the reported £500,000 a week wages.

"Kaka knows about the offer but the club did not give authorisation for talks, so we did not meet," said Kotscho.

"It was a great proposal but it's not about only money.

"We have to see if Manchester City have a project to become a Champions League team and become one of the top teams in the world, and to stay there long term."

"Kaka wouldn't do anything based on money," Kotscho earlier told Corriere dello Sport.

"He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with a solution that was not a winning one."

Previously Kaka had told the website of Mediaset, a TV company owned by Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi how he wanted to stay at the club for life.

"I want to grow old at Milan," he said.

"I repeat what I have always said. Other clubs can make all the offers they want but it all depends on Milan.

"As I have said before, as long as Milan share my goals, I would like to stay here. Then if one day the club wants to sell me, than that would be a different matter altogether.

"My aim is to become at some point in the future the captain of this team."

With Paolo Maldini currently holding the AC Milan skipper's armband, Kaka added: "I know there is a hierarchy and Maldini and (Massimo) Ambrosini are before me, but after..."

Following early reports of the tabled bid on Wednesday, City refused to comment officially on the story.

A City spokeswoman told BBC Radio Manchester: "We have been linked with in excess of 70 names that could have been coming in this transfer window. 606: DEBATE
    To pay someone £500,000 per week to kick a football, no matter how brilliantly, perfectly illustrates just how insane our world actually is

BBC Sport's Paul Fletcher

"We are not going to be drawn into any speculation on any names, no matter who they might be."

AC Milan confirmed that their chief executive Adriano Galliani had met officials from City on Tuesday to discuss Kaka's future.

In a statement, the Serie A club said: "Galliani received a delegation from Manchester City yesterday in Milan as a gesture of courtesy like always in these cases. There are no talks at the moment."

The current record for a player's signature is £46m when France's Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001.

Kaka joined Serie A giants Milan from Sao Paulo in 2003 and has since won the league title, Champions League and Club World Cup.

The attacking midfielder also picked up the Ballon d'Or and Fifa World Player of the Year awards in 2007.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, estimated to be worth £15bn, took over as City owner in September 2008 and extensive funds have been made available to manager Mark Hughes.

Every player has his price - Marcotti
    However, he has only secured the services of Wayne Bridge in January's transfer window, with bids rejected for West Ham forward Craig Bellamy and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The four-man delegation that travelled to Italy to initiate talks with the Milan officials is believed to have included executive chairman Garry Cook and two representatives of the Sheikh.

BBC Radio 5 Live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis says the move underlines Sheikh Mansour's "desire to transform Manchester City", although he added "actually pulling off what would be an incredible coup is another matter entirely".

With the club struggling in 15th position in the Premier League, it would give City an incredible boost if they were to seal the deal for one of the world's best players.

However, it is thought the move to target Kaka is being driven by the club's top officials rather than Hughes himself. RECORD TRANSFERS
    £47m Zinedine Zidane (Juventus - Real Madrid)
    £37m Luis Figo (Barcelona - Real Madrid)
    £34m Hernan Jorge Crespo (Parma - Lazio)
    £32.5m Robinho (Real Madrid - Man City)
    £31m Christian Vieri (Lazio - Inter Milan)
    £30.75m Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham - Manchester United)

Having started his career with Sao Paulo where he scored 58 goals, Kaka moved to Milan for £5m and has scored 86 goals in 244 appearances.

He has also picked up 62 caps for Brazil and scored 23 goals having made his debut against Bolivia in January 2002 and featured in the 2002 World Cup winning squad.

Kaka is on a contract at the San Siro until 2013 and although he stated last February that he wanted to remain at Milan for the rest of his career, he did hint at a desire to play in the Premier League - which he has described as the "best championship in the world".

Following Robinho's surprise £32.5 move to Eastlands in September and not, as expected, to Chelsea, Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho warned City it would need more than a large cheque to persuade the player to move.

Italian football expert Gabrielle Marcotti told BBC Radio 5 Live he believed the City delegation had begun conversations with Milan representatives talking about signing goalkeeper Nelson Dida.

"As I understand it, they went to Milan supposedly under the ruse of talking about another player and in the course of the conversation they brought up Kaka and said they would be prepared to spend this much," Marcotti said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7827696.stm

• Advertisement

15/01/2009 03:17
    Milan Set To Accept Manchester City's Kaka Bid

It's all up to the Selecao superstar now as the Rossoneri cave in to City's exorbitant spending power...

UK tabloid The Daily Mail claims that AC Milan will accept Manchester City's €110 million offer for Brazilian superstar Kaka.

Mark Hughes, the Sky Blues boss, chose to chase to 26-year-old after the club's Arab investors handed him a short-list of January targets that also included Lionel Messi, David Villa and John Terry.

The former FIFA World Player of the Year's agent revealed recently that talks were underway between the two clubs, and that it was "not impossible" that a deal could be completed this month.

However, the player himself has been quoted this week as saying that he wants to remain at the San Siro for many years yet, even though he hopes to experience Premier League football at some stage in his career.

City are prepared to make Kaka the best-paid player on the planet, with reports suggesting that wages of €82 million over five years are on offer.

But while the former Sao Paulo star is uninterested in money - or so he and his agent claim, in any case - he hasn't ruled out the move entirely, according to The Sun.

Britain's top tabloid reports that Kaka could yet sign on at City, provided they agree to insert a series of get-out clauses in his contract.

Under his terms, the Rossoneri hero will only join the Eastlands outfit if the following promises are made: Shiekh Mansour and Abu Dhabi United Group keep control of the club; City qualify for the Champions League within the next two seasons; his representatives retain his image rights; and Robinho is not sold.

Paper talk at best, but it will be interesting to see how this burgeoning saga unfolds. Let's hope it's more entertaining thna the Cristiano Ronaldo-Real Madrid affair...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/710/manchester-city/2009/01/15/1061386/milan-set-to-accept-manchester-citys-kaka-bid

This is apparently 45mins old folks. So might read something more on this tomorrow morning possibly.

Let's Sheik on it: Kaka to meet Mansour as Milan accept City’s£100m for Brazil star

By Matt Lawton and Ian Ladyman Last updated at 12:53 AM on 15th January 2009

Kaka will sit down with Sheik Mansour
    Kaka wishes to meet the man behind the £100million cash bid to take him to Manchester City before deciding on his future.

As AC Milan accepted City's offer, sources at City insist he will sit down with Sheik Mansour and give the Abu Dhabi billionaire and his employees at Eastlands the chance to persuade Kaka to move to the Premier League.
    It may even involve a reception at the Sheik's £8billion Royal Palace.

Though the Brazilian superstar was quick to express his desire to remain at the San Siro yesterday, insisting he would like 'to grow old in Milan', his club are keen on the transfer and on Wednesday night they were waiting for Kaka's father and chief adviser, Bosco, to return from a holiday in Brazil for talks.

MANCHESTER CITY FC NEWS FROM ACROSS THE NET

City remain confident that the astonishing deal will go ahead and suggest Kaka may be in their team for the home league game against Newcastle on January 28.

The club have already been in regular contact with Kaka's father, having recognised from the outset that he has been very influential at every stage of his son's career. Meanwhile, City's current superstar Robinho has been in regular phone contact with his compatriot and has told manager Mark Hughes that Kaka is ready to come to Manchester.

City have been told that Kaka's sceptical comments on Wednesday were made in order to buy the player time.

Having been sold on the idea by Sheik Mansour and his chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Hughes has indicated he would play Kaka in a central role alongside Stephen Ireland, with Robinho on the left and Shaun Wright- Phillips on the right.

Hughes also believes Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz and West Ham's Craig Bellamy will be at the club in time for the Newcastle game and may even arrive before Saturday's crucial clash with Wigan - this despite West Ham's rejection of an improved £10m offer for Bellamy because they value him at £15m.

When Adriano Galliani, Milan's chief executive, meets Kaka Snr he will tell him the Serie A club have accepted City's offer for his son and that they are happy for the transfer to proceed.

Already there has been talk in Italy of the demands Kaka would make of his suitors.

He wants to meet Sheik Mansour to satisfy himself that his potential new employer is committed to making City the biggest football club in the world, while also insisting on an escape clause if they fail to secure Champions League football within two years.

City will be encouraged by the 26-year-old's stance but they may still need to be at their persuasive best to secure the services of the 2007 World Player of the Year.

In an interview with the website owned by Milan owner and Italy prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, Kaka said: 'I want to grow old at Milan. My aim is to become at some point the captain of this team.'

Kaka's spokesman, Diogo Kotscho, failed to offer City much encouragement in an interview with an Italian newspaper.

'Kaka wouldn't do anything based on money,' he said. 'He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with a solution that was not a winning one.'

But in an interview he then gave to Sky, Kotscho was more positive, saying: 'We now have to wait for negotiations between the two clubs. If that happens, it is not about money.

'If Manchester City are to become one of the top teams in the world they have to have a project to be the best. At this time we can negotiate to join them.

Former City boss Joe Royle has questioned the morality of the Kaka deal
    'If they have a good project, and can get other players, to become one of the top teams in the world - like AC Milan are - then we can negotiate.
    'Kaka wants a professional challenge, he wants to play in the UEFA Champions League and he wants to become the best player in the world again.

'The Premier League is one of the best and he wants to play there. I don't know if it will be at this time or not. It is not impossible, but it will be difficult to reach a deal with AC Milan.'

The deal was condemned by some leading figures in football. Sir Bobby Robson has labelled City's offer as 'ludicrous' and warned that it could 'cripple football'.
    'I am absolutely shocked by this, it is an unbelievable figure,' said Robson.
    'It is absolutely ludicrous because nobody is worth that amount of money, no matter what he does.

'I think bids like this will cripple football because it will carry on pushing the price of players up all over the world and there is not enough money in the game to cope with that.'

The sentiment was echoed by former City manager Joe Royle, who questioned the morality of the potential deal. 'It's an incredible amount of money and you have to question the morality of it when the world is in a cash crisis,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1116585/Lets-Sheik-Kaka-meet-Mansour-Milan-accept-City-8217-s-100m-Brazil-star.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement