Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka expresses interest in City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

kippy wrote: »
    You've not seen pigheads posts before?
    I think that question has been asked numerous times. I can never recall an answer though.

Ive always wanted to ask it....I was to scared to though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pighead wrote: »
    Why are you talking at length about this? It isn't going to happen.

Stuff that isn't going to or is incredibly unlikely to happen in the short to medium term future:

- The LOI becoming relevant;
    - Arsene Wenger getting the sack;
    - Trappatoni playing Andy Reid;
    - Benitez getting sacked when Liverpool don't win the league this year;

etc, etc, you get the point.
    Listen pal, Pighead lives in Ireland and he does a lot of writing on a national message board with the Boards Soccer Poster of the Year Lucky Lloyd and he's even more determined than your sheikh mates.

He has guaranteed us over here that the deal is not going through. That's good enough for Pighead.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58591822&postcount=59

Posting about the hypothetical affects of Kaka moving to City != thinking it is likely to happen
    joe123 wrote: »
    off topic but why do you refer to yourself in 3rd person?

If I was to guess, the point is to demonstrate the gap that exists between one's online persona and their actual life / personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Listen pal, Pighead lives in Ireland and he does a lot of writing on a national message board with the Boards Soccer Poster of the Year Lucky Lloyd and he's even more determined than your sheikh mates.

He has guaranteed us over here that the deal is not going through. That's good enough for Pighead.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58591822&postcount=59

Well since pighead said its not true then it must not be true. Also that 3rd person thing is kinda hmmm ridiculous i'll call it. Kaka can go 100million quid is piss all to these dudes and as we all know sooner rather than later money can talk for a player who isn't from the place his team play.

Just implying gerrard wouldn't leave for love nor money whereas torres prob would. and Kaka falls into the latter category which surprisingly enough means money will talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

joe123 wrote: »
    off topic but why do you refer to yourself in 3rd person?
    Ronningstam, associate clinical professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School and author of Identifying and Understanding the Narcissistic Personality: Referring to yourself in the third person creates distance between "I" and "he." So if you have an exaggerated view of how great you are, you could be using this distance to make yourself even bigger. Or, if you've achieved major success suddenly, using the third person could be a way to adjust to the bigger role that's been assigned to you. It's a way to enlarge yourself to fit that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Breaking news on sky that City have offered over £100million. AC considering it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

its now 11/10 in the bookies that he will be a city player by Feb

It appears to me as if it is certainly agreed with Meelan,

and its now a case of Kaka deciding whether he wants to move now, this summer or never.

Meelan want it to look of course like Kaka wants to pursue a bigger challenge
    where kaka wants it to look like his hand was forced so this will cause delays and a lot of crap in the papers.

I think it would be a great move for meelan as well, they have the chance to get a once in a lifetime sum of money,
    can then recall the most excellent yohan Gourcuyf and spend money on decent young signings re-juvenating the team and making a push for the title next eyar a real possibility.
    They have refused to spend money the last 4 years and it has been taking effect.
    Also they must be thinking what if they refuse this and then he gets an injury, and they are lost.

this guy on the blue moon forum is well worht a read, he is a man city informant in the UAE
    http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

frak - this Meelan crap is so damn irritating.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

107m is what I'm hearing from my sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7830199.stm

cleared to talk usually means offer accepted.

LOL

Years ago Betis signed Denilson and put a buy out fee of 47 million on him or close to it, i wished they would be relegated just to see how that would work.

I am now wishing the same on man city, kaka in the Champo would be ****ing awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Tom65 wrote: »
    When you're worth £560bn, £100m is not a lot of money.
    Yes it is no matter how much money you have.

Highsider wrote: »
    Yes it is no matter how much money you have.

no its not,

its one days interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It looks like its really happening, but not as big a shock for me as Robinho signing at the end of the last window. Its clear that money is of absolutely no concern to City, so they will probably win the League next season with a team you could only dream of.
    Nobody has the money to keep up with this stuff, I'm personally loving it to finally see another club who can make the funds at Manchester United and Liverpool look like a pittance. They've had so much more money than the rest for too long, its time they were bullied out of the way, same as they done to all the other English clubs for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Jesus Wept..........

sad state of affairs for football this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eagle eye wrote: »
    It looks like its really happening, but not as big a shock for me as Robinho signing at the end of the last window. Its clear that money is of absolutely no concern to City, so they will probably win the League next season with a team you could only dream of.
    Nobody has the money to keep up with this stuff, I'm personally loving it to finally see another club who can make the funds at Manchester United and Liverpool look like a pittance. They've had so much more money than the rest for too long, its time they were bullied out of the way, same as they done to all the other English clubs for years.

You means football clubs that earned it by being football clubs? yes that makes perfect sense:rolleyes:.

Can have the best team in the world full off FF players, if you dont get a decent manager it means **** all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Jesus lads, Honey Monster could actually be in with a realistic chance of lifting the premiership or champions league trophy next year !

I dont know to laugh or cry.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You means football clubs that earned it by being football clubs? yes that makes perfect sense:rolleyes:.

Can have the best team in the world full off FF players, if you dont get a decent manager it means **** all.

Chelsea not included. Blackburn also not included. United and Arsenal are the only two teams who have actually won the league on their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

redout wrote: »
    Jesus lads, Honey Monster could actually be in with a realistic chance of lifting the premiership or champions league trophy next year !

Nah he will be replaced with a 1 billion transfer of Vidic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

why stop at Kaka, why not sign the whole Milan team...?

makes economic sense in the current climate they could haggle a good deal on the entire Milan team.

They can being in CA for manager also.

RESULT!

Sparky is going to be gone by the summer. I have been saying it since the Arab arrived. A person does not throw this sort of money around wanting to bring in the best players without also wanting to bring in the best managers. There will be a big name manager at City by the start of next season. I would put the house on it. Robinho seems to be a little **** if you are to believe some of the storys in the press that he has a direct line to the Sheikh. Does anyone know if its true that City and United players had the same charter back from South America during the last internationals ? I thought that I read something about that. Interesting if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The thought of Kaka in the premier league is mouth watering.. I hope he does what's best for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Robinho seems to be a little **** if you are to believe some of the storys in the press that he has a direct line to the Sheikh.

Sounds like a nothing story and certainly wouldn't be a reason to call him a little ****.

Chelsea not included. Blackburn also not included. United and Arsenal are the only two teams who have actually won the league on their own.
    So all the ridiculous transfer fees that United have payed out to force clubs to sell players they didn't want to see has nothing to do with it?

Let me remind you of just a couple.
    Gary Pallister 2.3 mill, British transfer record
    Roy Keane 3.75 mill, British transfer record, Forest did not want to sell, contract clause forced the sale.
    Andy Cole 7 mill, British transfer record Kevin Keegan did not want to sell the player.
    Henning Berg 5 mill, Blackburn did not want to sell, British Transfer record for a defender.
    Jaap Stam 10.6 mill, PSV did not want to sell, most expensive transfer fee for a defender and most expensive transfer fee in Dutch League history at the time.
    Dwight Yorke 12.6 mill, Forced his way out of Aston Villa against their wishes by not putting any effort into games until he got his wish.
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy 19 mill, PSV did not want to sell him but had to take the money
    Rio Ferdinand 33 mill, most expensive defender in history, Leeds did not want to sell him but with the financial problems looming accepted the offer.
    Dimitar Berbatov 30.75 mill, I think you already know the disgracefull goings on by the player in this situation.
    There were lots of others as well, but these are the ones most remember, you had Denis Irwing who they bought from Oldham for 625k or something like that, it was a record sale by Oldham and they needed the money, and there are lots of other ones too. Basically throwing money at teams that they could not resist due to their weak financial status in comparison to the bigger clubs, and as its been shown if the players wants to go and they cannot force a sale though genuine advances, they just stop playing like Yorke and Berbatov.

There has been numerous examples at Liverpool as well, such as Craig Bellamy whose contract clause was used to force Blackburn to sell. Robbie Keane was another forceful one during this past summer. The failed attempt to land Gareth Barry, 10.5 mill was too much for Real Sociedad to turn down for Alonso, 8.5 mill for Stan Collymore forced Forest to sell, Phil Babb, Julian Dicks are some others that come to mind as well. I'm forgetting plenty but theres been a lot of it with them too.

So don't give me that nonsense that they won it by being football clubs, they were the rich clubs in the league and they bullied their way to whatever players they wanted, Blackburn got in their way for a while and Chelsea have done it for a while now, but City are the real deal money wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Whats always funny is when you hear Man Utd fans complain of teams trying to buy the League - oh the irony.

Current team -

Rooney - 25m
    Berbatov - 32m
    Tevez - 25m (altough not bought yet)
    Carrick - 16m
    Ferdinand - 20m
    Nani - 15m
    Anderson - 15m
    Ronaldo - 15m
    Vidic - 7m
    Evra - 10m
    2 young Serb kids - 17m

Buy the league - Utd no way, Arsenal are the only Premiership team that won it without buying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

How anyone can complain about City in the current business state of English football I do not understand. None of the top Premiership clubs have an ounce of culture left in them (possibly with the exception of Liverpool) and spend most of their time trying to pimp themselves out in as many countries as they can. City have just done a better job getting investment. Sky TV heralded the end of honest football. If you've that big a problem with modern football and the Man Citys of the world, cancel your Sky subscription. If every single person in Ireland did, the wages of John Terry and Kaka would not be so high.

Lesson to be learned here: Cancel your Sky subscription, and John Terry will suffer. What better reason do you need:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis a joke alright, I can understand why Kaka would want so many legal clauses though. Why take a punt even if fabulously well paid, if City end up being discarded in a year or two by a bored Shiekh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

At least Blackburn were taken over by a man who was born and grew up locally and was a genuine supporter of the club :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

So all the ridiculous transfer fees that United have payed out to force clubs to sell players they didn't want to see has nothing to do with it?

Roy Keane 3.75 mill, British transfer record, Forest did not want to sell, contract clause forced the sale.
    Andy Cole 7 mill, British transfer record Kevin Keegan did not want to sell the player.
    Henning Berg 5 mill, Blackburn did not want to sell, British Transfer record for a defender.
    Jaap Stam 10.6 mill, PSV did not want to sell, most expensive transfer fee for a defender and most expensive transfer fee in Dutch League history at the time.
    Dwight Yorke 12.6 mill, Forced his way out of Aston Villa against their wishes by not putting any effort into games until he got his wish.
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy 19 mill, PSV did not want to sell him but had to take the money
    Rio Ferdinand 33 mill, most expensive defender in history, Leeds did not want to sell him but with the financial problems looming accepted the offer.
    Dimitar Berbatov 30.75 mill, I think you already know the disgracefull goings on by the player in this situation.
    There were lots of others as well, but these are the ones most remember, you had Denis Irwing who they bought from Oldham for 625k or something like that, it was a record sale by Oldham and they needed the money, and there are lots of other ones too. Basically throwing money at teams that they could not resist due to their weak financial status in comparison to the bigger clubs, and as its been shown if the players wants to go and they cannot force a sale though genuine advances, they just stop playing like Yorke and Berbatov.

There has been numerous examples at Liverpool as well, such as Craig Bellamy whose contract clause was used to force Blackburn to sell. Robbie Keane was another forceful one during this past summer. The failed attempt to land Gareth Barry, 10.5 mill was too much for Real Sociedad to turn down for Alonso, 8.5 mill for Stan Collymore forced Forest to sell, Phil Babb, Julian Dicks are some others that come to mind as well. I'm forgetting plenty but theres been a lot of it with them too.

So don't give me that nonsense that they won it by being football clubs, they were the rich clubs in the league and they bullied their way to whatever players they wanted, Blackburn got in their way for a while and Chelsea have done it for a while now, but City are the real deal money wise.

Ye but Man Utd and Liverpool earned their money by being run as succesful football clubs not by being bought up by some billionaire using it as a toy. Its their money which they earned, they can spend it on whatever they like, the same can't be said of City or Chelsea.

At least Blackburn were taken over by a man who was born and grew up locally and was a genuine supporter of the club :)

Quoted for irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Citeh could do something many thought impossible

make Chelsea likeable ;)

themont85 wrote: »
    Ye but Man Utd and Liverpool earned their money by being run as succesful football clubs not by being bought up by some billionaire using it as a toy. Its their money which they earned, they can spend it on whatever they like, the same can't be said of City or Chelsea.
    My point is that they bullied smaller clubs over the years, thats what I said.

Now to have teams in a position to give them some of their own medicine is what I am delighted with, so there is nothing relevant in your point above.

• Advertisement

all the smaller clubs are more a-less feeder clubs for the top 4

Even wigan manager steve bruce knows he'll be saying good-boy to some players like Heskey,Palacios and valencia soon enough
    Bruce acknowledged that, if the Latics' valuation is matched, he can do little to prevent one of his players moving to a bigger club
    We are realistic when we're at Wigan, we do know that," Bruce told Sky Sports New

if a player has a chance to play in the CL a small club cant stop him, just hang on for a big price and re-invest in the squad

utd built up there fortune by winning leagues specially during the days when Beckham,Nevilles,Butt,Giggs and scholes came through the youth set up
    and going to Asia nearly every summer to promote the team

all the smaller clubs are more a-less feeder clubs for the big 4, I mean the big 6 now we can add Villa and Citeh to that.
    FYP;)

^^And soon to be the Big 1 with all the money Citeh are flogging around the place.

^^And soon to be the Big 1 with all the money Citeh are flogging around the place.

they have to stay up first

Robinho will asking for a bigger contract now if Kaka does come

it'll turn into chelsea when all the players were asking for more money after Shevchenko came

mayordenis wrote: »
    Sounds like a nothing story and certainly wouldn't be a reason to call him a little ****.

It would be if true. The story I read was that Sparky would get fired and Robinho was playing a hand in it. Involved Elano also. This was a couple of weeks before Xmas.

But Man Utd and Arsenal were not bankrolled to a title by a multi-millionaire and a multi-billionaire ! They won it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

city are in 15th, 2 points off a relegation spot. There are question marks over Hughes imo. This season they would do well to finish 7th. Next season is all to do with who they sign. Top 4 next season would be a good achievement even with Kaka.

If city are serious about winning the league I think they should ditch Hughes in the Summer and break the bank for Jose. He has the track record to do a similar job and managing the egos which city will probably end up with plenty of. Why sign the best players in the world and have them managed by an unproven (at the highest level) manager. To put it another way, if Hughes was available and the Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal jobs were up for grabs he would not be considered.

Ditch Hughes, get Jose, sign Kaka and another half dozen, then I'd be worried. ;)

it looks like a done deal.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103576

Hughes already talking about how he will fit into the system.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/15/manchester-city-kaka-milan-transfer

Mark Hughes is so confident of Manchester City signing Kaka that he has already drawn up a new 4-1-4-1 system to accommodate the former world footballer of the year in his proposed debut against Newcastle United on 28 January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

£243 Million. thats feckin scandalous

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    Whats always funny is when you hear Man Utd fans complain of teams trying to buy the League - oh the irony.

Current team -

Rooney - 25m
    Berbatov - 32m
    Tevez - 25m (altough not bought yet)
    Carrick - 16m
    Ferdinand - 20m
    Nani - 15m
    Anderson - 15m
    Ronaldo - 15m
    Vidic - 7m
    Evra - 10m
    2 young Serb kids - 17m

Buy the league - Utd no way, Arsenal are the only Premiership team that won it without buying it

All these players you have mentioned were bought in the past six years. They dont even count as examples in the first place. How do you account for all the titles before that please ? We got rich because of our success which gave us the money to buy expensive players not because a bored oligarch decided he wanted to win the Champions league or a life long fan in Blackburns case decided to spend his millions and bankroll a title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Ah it's from the sun.

it looks like a done deal.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103576

Hughes already talking about how he will fit into the system.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/15/manchester-city-kaka-milan-transfer

Mark Hughes is so confident of Manchester City signing Kaka that he has already drawn up a new 4-1-4-1 system to accommodate the former world footballer of the year in his proposed debut against Newcastle United on 28 January
    That guardian article shows Roque Santa Cruz up front. He is not a City play yet but we are happy to accept £25 mill, or at least they were until this ridiculous figure for Kaka appeared.
    Jeebus, I think its time to become a football agent, one sale to Man City and I'd be made up for life.:D

All these players you have mentioned were bought in the past six years. They dont even count as examples in the first place. How do you account for all the titles before that please ? We got rich because of our success which gave us the money to buy expensive players not because a bored oligarch decided he wanted to win the Champions league or a life long fan in Blackburns case decided to spend his millions and bankroll a title.
    I notice you did not quote my list which has a small sample of the players you bought long ago for record sums.

Its on the last page as well. So don't try and tell people it only began recently.

Edit to add a question which you should know the answer.

Who spent the most money on transfer fees of any club in England between 1967 and 1993, a spell when United did not win a League title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

seriously you think the edwards family were poor when they took over united. you think fergie would have taken the job if utd had no money. its all about the benjamins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Now to have teams in a position to give them some of their own medicine is what I am delighted with, so there is nothing relevant in your point above.

I don't see how its entirely irrelevant at all. In your post you mentioned many players from years past complete with 'British record transfer' beside them and said that Pool/United 'bullied' teams to sell. Man Utd/Pool are different to City/Chelsea in how they can 'bully' teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bigstar wrote: »
    seriously you think the edwards family were poor when they took over united. you think fergie would have taken the job if utd had no money. its all about the benjamins

you think the edwards family lost money during their ownership of United? Nope - because United was a club that could fund its transfers without money being pumped into it.

themont85 wrote: »
    I don't see how its entirely irrelevant at all. In your post you mentioned many players from years past complete with 'British record transfer' beside them and said that Pool/United 'bullied' teams to sell. Man Utd/Pool are different to City/Chelsea in how they can 'bully' teams.
    No they are not, its about money and those clubs have money now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can somebody explain to me how to add a person to my ignore list please?

This thread has gone so shít...

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can somebody explain to me how to add a person to my ignore list please?

This thread has gone so shít...

Go into User CP, and then Edit Ignore List.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

you think the edwards family lost money during their ownership of United? Nope - because United was a club that could fund its transfers without money being pumped into it.

transfer fees which were a fraction of what the are now. players wages were a fraction of what they are now. since the premier league started money has been the common denominator in success and man yoo has had plenty of both

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement