Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaka expresses interest in City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Did people miss the part about not discussing the ban further?

I couldn't give a flying fuck who he was paraphrasing or quoting. It does not justify personal abuse.

Seriously, the next person to reference it will be infracted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So, he hasn't been transferred yet then?

Nope, not yet :) There's at least one more day of media speculation, tabloid frenzy, gossip, etc to go yet.
    redout wrote: »
    Remnants of Keano in Saipan anyone ?:)

Kaka against Ronaldo later this season. I cant wait.

Yeah, about 6 or 7 posts ago...

Also, great edit Dazzler :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

An File wrote: »
    Nope, not yet :)

Cool. Just making sure. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It will be a sad day for football if Kaka' signs for Man City :( A player who loves Milan and i can't see why, other than money, why he would leave one of the biggest clubs in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

MOG7 wrote: »
    It will be a sad day for football if Kaka' signs for Man City :( A player who loves Milan and i can't see why, other than money, why he would leave one of the biggest clubs in the world.
    Well, Money is a very very big motivator, especially at that level.
    Milan will be laughing their asses off with over 100 million in capital to start replacing the aging players on it.

In fairness I think all of us would have our heads turned for the money kaka is allegedly being offered. Fair play if he decides to stay but it is looking more and more unlikely.
    So who is next: Messi or a 250 Million pound effort at cloning Pele and Maradona (without the drug problem)

• Advertisement

I know obviously the money is a big factor, a HUGE factor but i understand, from my best mate who is a life long Milan supporter that Kaka' isn't about money, people say he would play for nothing every week. Sadly he said the same thing when Chelsea were after Sheva :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I think we can look forward to another three days of this thread. Nothing will be decided until Monday at least.

I think we can look forward to another three days of this thread. Nothing will be decided until Monday at least.

It will become alot clearer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If this happens I'll be surprised and actually somewhat disappointed in Kaka. Really thought he'd be above just flat out money, seems like a good guy and a good type of footballer. Then again, he's probably thinking that he could give 400k a week to charity so maybe I don't know.

Nonetheless, I'd be surprised.

---

If it does happen, I look forward to the conversation between United and Madrid over Ronaldo's eventual price :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

PHB wrote: »
    If this happens I'll be surprised and actually somewhat disappointed in Kaka. Really thought he'd be above just flat out money, seems like a good guy and a good type of footballer. Then again, he's probably thinking that he could give 400k a week to charity so maybe I don't know.

Nonetheless, I'd be surprised.

---

If it does happen, I look forward to the conversation between United and Madrid over Ronaldo's eventual price :)

Depends on how look at it.

Are Milan selling Kaka because of the money?
    or Is Kaka leaving because of the money?

I think Milan have not been able to turn down Citys bid. Its not like Kaka is going to the highest bidder wages wise. He is going to the only bidder, and if Milan want to sell him then what can Kaka do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh. Just kinda thought Kaka really way loyal. But then again, maybe the clubs in trouble and he has to leave to help them.

---

While signing Kaka isn't the worst player to have in the world, what this transfer will add is so much more than that. Kaka at a club instantly makes them a world class attraction. There are few players in the world who won't look at City entirely different now with Kaka there. This might allow them to get a world class defence that they are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Milan couldn't turn down that kind of money. He's good, but not that good.

Regardless of whether he signs or not (i think he probably will by the looks of things) city will win nout until they install one of the best managers in the world (Capello, Mourinho, Hiddink)

Iirc Kaka' did say he would only leave Milan if his views differ from the clubs, i don't think AC accepting the offer exactly means there views differ, it was just an offer nobody could refuse imo.

PHB wrote: »
    While signing Kaka isn't the worst player to have in the world, what this transfer will add is so much more than that. Kaka at a club instantly makes them a world class attraction. There are few players in the world who won't look at City entirely different now with Kaka there. This might allow them to get a world class defence that they are looking for.

Good point i'd never really thought of it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I wouldnt be disappointed with Kaka, every person in this world is out to get paid as much as they can. If someone came to me and said "Hey you want 600'000 a week, come work for us" I would be like hell yeah.

At the end of day the only ones wrong here are City, or more to the point the Sheik, who is buying lots of toys for his playpen. The money offered is obscene , both for wages and player price.

NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IS WORTH 100 Million !

Alan Shearer whom of which I dont like very much stated Yday he wasnt even worth his transfer record in the 90's , no player is worth 100 Million let alone 12 million.

And same goes for Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Fernando Torres, Shevchencko the list goes on.

Football has become a bloody business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's all nonsense!! Over a hundred million to buy a player. How much is he getting paid?? Ridiculous!! We're losing footballing.
    I don't have a problem with Man City, always liked the club and there are worse clubs that this can happen to (i.e, if Everton were to be taken over like this, i think i may just move to some island and never hear of football again. Maybe start up a new society)
    Man City fans will love this and why not. City haven't won anything of relevance in what, thirty years or so? So for them, this is brilliant!
    For the rest looking on, it's shallow and hollow and completely empty. There's nothing to respect here.
    Why anyone is surprised that Kaka would sign for City is beyond me. Once the Arabs took over, it was always a possibility.
    So, so what if City win the league. So what if they win the Champions league. It doesn't mean anything. It's not built from foundation, it's not football. It's pure business and means **** all.
    Football is going the way of American sports. Just soulless. Clubs won't be clubs, they'll be franchises. People already call signing for a club as a 'project'!!
    We probably wouldn't get to see Kaka's winner in the final anyway cos we'll be subjected to watching advertisements for Snickers or Pepsi or Samsung. "Hey, forget the match for a minute you peasant sheep. Why not buy a camera. Hungry?? Here, have a Snickers! Drink some God damn Pepsi you snivelling little sh!ts. Anyway, back to the match"
    Then it cuts back to the match and Kaka is lifting his Man City jersey (which is now red cos City are now sponsered by Coke and don't want any reference, be it colour or otherwise to Pepsi) and he's running to the fans who could all afford to pay the E500 for match tickets and showing his vest that exclaims 'i belong to Jesus and Rupert Murdock and Starbucks)
    All this after watching the latest X Factor winner in the pre match show singing their version of Relight My Fire or some other turgid piece of p!ss and the date of the singles release will be on the top left hand corner of the screen throughout the match.
    "Penalty to Barcelona!!!!!!! It's gonna be Jimmy Bullard to take it. The Pressure on him to equalise is immense, City already one up in this final, remember Relight my Fire is out June 6th, here's Bullard.............we'll be back after this word from our sponsers!!!"

Chong wrote: »

A very bad one at that, how many jerseys or titles will Cuty need to win to pay off 100 Million and 200k a week?

A lot of jerseys i would think :cool:

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's all nonsense!!"

Its pretty nonsense to say that it has just started now its been happening slowly for a long time

The money paid for Zidane what about 7 years ago if compounded in a deposit account would not be too far off the KaKa fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Chong wrote: »
    I wouldnt be disappointed with Kaka, every person in this world is out to get paid as much as they can. If someone came to me and said "Hey you want 600'000 a week, come work for us" I would be like hell yeah.

At the end of day the only ones wrong here are City, or more to the point the Sheik, who is buying lots of toys for his playpen. The money offered is obscene , both for wages and player price.

NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IS WORTH 100 Million !

Alan Shearer whom of which I dont like very much stated Yday he wasnt even worth his transfer record in the 90's , no player is worth 100 Million let alone 12 million.

And same goes for Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Fernando Torres, Shevchencko the list goes on.

It's always been a business but when Sky took over in the early 90's it's gone downhill where now there is no honour left in the game at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Shouldn't this thread title be the other way round. City express interest in Kaka??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Anybody seen this yet? Got in by mail just now.:D

Subject: Kaka conversation

I have come across dialogue between Man City and AC Milan superstar Kaka. Unfortunately I only have the script from the City end but I think it is clear for all as to the total content:

"Hello, is that Kaka? How do you fancy becoming the supply line to Craig Bellamy and Darius Vassell this winter?

"No, your fellow countryman doesn’t like the cold and will be out until mid April - but you will play alongside Stephen Ireland"

"No, Kaka, Ireland is a person not a country"

"yes, I fully appreciate that he is not Ronaldinho, Pirlo or even Beckham but many fans have him in their fantasy football"

"I know you are currently the richest man in Italy but we can double it!"

"erm, well, we have had a bit of a slide recently and we are currently 15th"

"erm, out of 20...... but Mark Hughes once won the double for our neighbours"

"Hughes"

"Ex Blackburn boss"

"Blackburn, Blackburn Rovers"

"No, Blackburn......Black.....Burn"

"HUGHES man, HUGHES!!!"

"He once scored a good goal against Spain"

"No, thats Gerry Armstrong..... anyway, are you coming or not?"

"Usually about two thirds full but if we play a big team its really rocks"

"yes I know, but we dont even have a car park cos all the fans walk to the ground they are so local"

"Relevance? well, I suppose its all they have to brag about whether its true or not"

"Only the one to be fair but its called 'blue moon' you will love it"

"Blue"

"yes, definitely blue, always has been"

"No, no, no, they are in Trafford"

"yes they are, steeped in it in fact but what good is history to you my ambitious friend?"

"erm, 1976 I think"

"it was the er, the er League cup if memory serves me right"

"Well, the plan was to get in the top 4 this season and then....."

"yes, I realise that but....."

"Aston Villa? Whats it got to do with them?"

"Yes, I know but we have been down this history route already"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know about Nottingham Forest?"

"Yes, yes, and Leeds United also made a final but you are missing my point, this is all about the future"

"Give me strength......HUGHES!!!!"

"yes I know he did and he was a legend there but he is a changed man"

"forget them, they are falling apart"

"But all those trophies were won last year! They have won nothing in 2009"

"I have told you.... 1976!!!!"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know that Virginia Wade has won Wimbledon since then?"

"Yes she probably is in her 60's"

"I dont know, probably about 10 league titles, 2 european cups and countless domestic cups what has that got to do with it?"

"76,000 why?"

"yes, every game, even minor cups I suppose, but where is this getting us?"

"Yes, the league cup is considered a minor cup over here why?"

"I know, I know, I know, ok perhaps they won the FA Cup in 1970 or something does it really matter?"

"look, Kaka, we will treble whatever you are on now, buy you a mansion in Alderley Edge and give you a helicopter for your front lawn....are you joining us?"

"NO!, its owned by the council - what has the ground got to do with anything"

"well, officially its the city of manchester stadium but most people call it Eastlands"

"EAST!, not Waste"

"You will be adored there"

"No, not there, here I meant"

"No, thats Old Trafford, I meant adored here at Waste....erm, Eastlands"

"Anderson??? what does he know?"

"Ok I hear what you say, but other than Pride, Ambition, Achievement, History, Passion and a large car park - what can they offer you?"

"what do you mean no credit left in your phone.....I phoned you"

"Hello, Mr Kaka,...... Mr Kaka are you there?............................YOU RED B*ST*RD!!!!!"

Its pretty nonsense to say that it has just started now its been happening slowly for a long time

The money paid for Zidane what about 7 years ago if compounded in a deposit account would not be too far off the KaKa fee.
    Lol somebody listened to The Guardian Extra podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol somebody listened to The Guardian Extra podcast.

But the point is irrelevant - the money wasn't put in a deposit account on compound interest. It was used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Tickets for the City v Wigan game tomorrow are £19.50, cant even fill the stadium and they want to bring one of the best players in the world to the club ffs :eek:

Fantastic for the league, hats off, not fantastic for Hughes for the player (well maybe his bank account).

The whole City cash phenenomon is a bit like buying a derelict house and trying to have it showhouse standard within a week, it just ain't going to happen.

Steady as she goes, build on what you have, get a decent league finish under your belt and sign a few quality players and then take the step. Lets face it, the City squad aint that bad, Hughes just aint done a good job.Such irony that they have had bids for Craig Bellamy rejected within the last week and are going to pay £100m+ for Kaka ! Sums it up for me :pac:

Sizzler wrote: »
    Tickets for the City v Wigan game tomorrow are £19.50, cant even fill the stadium and they want to bring one of the best players in the world to the club ffs :eek:

Fantastic for the league, hats off, not fantastic for Hughes for the player (well maybe his bank account).

The whole City cash phenenomon is a bit like buying a derelict house and trying to have it showhouse standard within a week, it just ain't going to happen.

Steady as she goes, build on what you have, get a decent league finish under your belt and sign a few quality players and then take the step. Lets face it, the City squad aint that bad, Hughes just aint done a good job.Such irony that they have had bids for Craig Bellamy rejected within the last week and are going to pay £100m+ for Kaka ! Sums it up for me :pac:
    If they can get Kaka, and can afford him - why bother waiting to get him a few years down the road after some steady building... may as well go all out now and get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If he does go, I think that the money will help Milan re-establish their dominance in Italian football. The prospect of of Milan having 100 million to spend is quite the prospect to be honest - won't be relying on the likes of Senderos anymore anyway :|

Also, I can't help but wonder why they aren't going for Messi too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Also, I can't help but wonder why they aren't going for Messi too..

They have SWP duh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

We only know about the Kaka deal cos it was leaked, not because of anything official, you wouldn't know who else they are trying to buy or have approached!

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote: »
    We only know about the Kaka deal cos it was leaked, not because of anything official, you wouldn't know who else they are trying to buy or have approached!

They have ahd a bid accepted for de Jong

and are in advanced talks with Raul Albiol, Villa and a few others I don't know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Does they guy who posted that have a connection to City or it's hierarchy, or does he just 'know a bloke who knows a bloke'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

They will be back this summer with a take it or leave it 2 million a day 500million transfer deal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

JPA wrote: »
    They have SWP duh!

My bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The latest from SSN is a report from an Arab website that the Sheikh has told friends the deal is done. They're trying to get confirmation from City and Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The latest from SSN is a report from an Arab website that the Sheikh has told friends the deal is done. They're trying to get confirmation from City and Milan.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/543787-kaka-accepts-city-deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I don't think its that big of a deal if he goes for that ridiculous amount. He's just one man, he doesn't have magical powers. Although i would love to see him in the Priemiership.
    Fagregas summed it up when he said that no matter how many world class players come to one side, it's still all about teamwork and how the 11 players work together on the pitch.
    Man City will still be a mediocre trophyless team in 5 years time.

Controversial :D Wait till Xavi sees that post ;)

In other transfer news apparently City Owner's are in talks with Avonmore dairies about signing some of their staff as they heard Hughes say in his press conference today that he wants someone "who will deliver consistently" :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Man City will still be a mediocre trophyless team in 5 years time.

well then well be in the same position as we are now, but at least well have had some excitement in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

bigstar wrote: »
    well then well be in the same position as we are now, but at least well have had some excitement in between
    Read my last post in this thread for my opinion on that type of comment......
    Disgraceful attitude for an alleged "supporter" of a club....
    Kippy

kippy wrote: »
    Kippy

that is bull it is a very positive outlook and attitude should be encouraged.

• Advertisement

But the point is irrelevant - the money wasn't put in a deposit account on compound interest. It was used.

thats not the point I was trying to make at all, as well you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

have to say. Be gas if they got relegated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

what has football come to, silly money being talked about but apparently its not about the money he always wanted to play for man city! fair play to city if they get him great to see a few feathers being ruffled in the buying stakes.but is kaka that good i know nobody's worth 100 million but if i were to pay it no way kaka would be top of my list.i admit i dont watch Italian football week in week out to asses how good he is all i can go on is his champions league performances of which some were fantastic ill never forget the first half in istanbul we couldnt get near him but then a 30 something slow german comes on and nulifies him as macherano did two years later. this is of course is biased but there is no way i would swap gerrard for kaka never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well it looks like Hattenstone doesn't agree with you, and he's a citeh fan too.

Arsène Wenger says Manchester City are not in touch with the world, that we're destroying football and the global economy by creating inflationary pressures in deflationary times, that we lack values and have no sense of reality. How dare he?

Very easily, in fact. And any true Manchester City fan, however hungry for success, would agree with the Arsenal manager.

For years I despised Chelsea for bringing the crass loadsamoney culture to football. Now City, my life-long club, are making Chelsea look positively Shylockian. City have been a comedy club for years, but people used to laugh with us rather than at us. Not now. A billion quid a week for Kaka and it looks as if he might be coming. And he calls himself a Christian. Jesus.

Ah, but these are exciting times at City, enjoy, friends tell me, roll with it, as those Oasis boys would say. Pardon me? Being knocked out of the League Cup by Brighton, hammered in the FA Cup by Nottingham Forest and perilously close to the drop zone is exciting?

No, exciting times were doing the double over Manchester United last year, and challenging for a top-four slot for half the season with a hybrid team of homegrown kids and foreign imports. But let's not be rose-tinted. By then the rot had set in. We'd already allowed ourselves to be sold to anybody who dangled a big enough cheque, no matter his human-rights record, no matter he was facing fraud charges, and no matter that it was inevitable his assets would be frozen.

So to yesterday, and our Abu Dhabi saviours who announced they were going to sign up a 20-strong squad of £30m plus players as if that were a guarantee of success, and that they were going to break all records in terms of transfer fees and wages, as if that in itself was a measure of success.

I still can't believe Kaka will sign. I don't want to believe that one of the world's leading footballers would stoop so low as to join us. But say he does, and just say we go on to buy up the entire Brazil squad for a few trillion quid, and they did gel, and we did win the league with the most expensive team ever assembled, would it really feel like a triumph? I hope not.

kippy wrote: »
    Kippy

Absolute rubbish.

It's funny listening to all those saying "Yeah but you'll still be shit" and "Lol at Kaka and Robinho in the Championship". And why is it funny? Because it shows that a decade after we were in the third tier of English football we are now a team that people genuinely don't like as opposed to one that they just feel sorry for.

Every one of those comments I read makes me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

what has football come to, silly money being talked about
    I've heard this sort of comment so many times in the past. Maradona was the first really mad transfer that I remember people going gaga over.

But prices will continue to rocket until some day it goes too far. I don't think we are near that yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I love man city but mostly because they provided a home for fowler in years gone by and now hamann if next year, Pool, Villa, United, Chelski, Arsea and Citeh all have a decent shout at the title then great for everyone who likes football.
    Except man utd fans of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mayordenis wrote: »
    I love man city but mostly because they provided a home for fowler in years gone by and now hamann if next year, Pool, Villa, United, Chelski, Arsea and Citeh all have a decent shout at the title then great for everyone who likes football.
    Except man utd fans of course.
    The more challengers the better for us non big team football fans. At least we can look forward to a season where its not down to only three or four teams at most.

Regardless of how Villa end up this season, they have already made themselves contenders for next season. City will also be in contention next year before the league starts as there is no doubt they will have one of, if not, the best squad in the PL by that time.

I better edit this quickly to say that best squad does not mean they win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

If the other leagues decline as Scientist suggests then it will have a massively negative knock on effect for the Premiership. The Champions League is a vital competition for the game as it currently operates and weakening the other leagues and letting English football dominate long term would be a disaster.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement