Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Year courses and Fees

Options
  • 27-11-2008 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

If I do a one year course in Sound Engineering
    Will I have to pay fees next year when I apply to NCAD through the CAO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

It depends on if the Sound Engineering course is through the CAO really. If it's the likes of a PLC or something I don't think you'd have to.

If it's through the CAO then you will though. For example, I did a year of a degree course last year in DIT, I've dropped out now and I have to pay for the first year of whatever course I go back to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Nope it's a PLC.The I will apply the next year for NCAD
    Can I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah you can, PLCs are paid for by a different fund than degrees, so you can still go on to do your level 7 or 8 degree for free afterwards.

Yay thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

PLC courses are extremely cheap if not free! However, for something like Sound Engineering, which I presume involves a lot of equipment, there may be an administration fee of probably less than €100.

• Advertisement

40 euro unless you do it in pulse that is gonna cost you a fair few quid round abouts 7 grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I know someone doing a PLC in hairdressing, it's costing her a good bit- over a grand anyway.

But yeah, you definitely don't need to pay fees if you go into college the following year. I did a good bit of research into this in August, I was going to take a year out and do a PLC instead of repeating.
    Best of luck!

Advertisement