Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoS on FCW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What height is SOS? He looks shorter there than I thought he was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

amacachi wrote: »

He isnt facing ikcle Irish wrestlers anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

rovert wrote: »
    He isnt facing ikcle Irish wrestlers anymore.

True enough, thought he would look somewhat bigger than he does there. He could invest in some fake tan as well, which isn't somethin I'd say too often.

How's he progressing these days anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

He could invest in some fake tan as wel

Never done Hercules any harm, or early Undertaker for that matter (Before he got seriously Tango-ed, seriously, sometimes that orange face coupled with the Deadman mascara makes him look like a drag queen)

Hard to tell what height either of these guys are, with Ortiz sporting the afro and SOS looking like Syndrome out of the Incredibles, must add a extra few inches on both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

rich young aka ricky ortiz is a legit 6'3, he played pro football in the US http://arenafootball.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=3500&ATCLID=96570

that makes SOS even taller than 6'3

• Advertisement

He is about 6'2 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

True enough, thought he would look somewhat bigger than he does there. He could invest in some fake tan as well, which isn't somethin I'd say too often.

How's he progressing these days anyway?

He's in Florida! He must be doing a good job avoiding the sun.

He's the champ on FCW right now so he must be doing something right.

dsmythy wrote: »
    He's the champ on FCW right now

Not if Joe Hennig has anything to say about it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

He's in Florida! He must be doing a good job avoiding the sun.

yeah what the hell is he doing there, only leaving the house at night :confused: one day at the beach in daytona would give him a good tan or even walking around the street for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

He probably just burns or goes freckley hehe

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah what the hell is he doing there, only leaving the house at night :confused: one day at the beach in daytona would give him a good tan or even walking around the street for that matter

In case you havent noticed he is ginger, Irish and has fair skin. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

ginger people don't get tans :)

Not if Joe Hennig has anything to say about it ;)

Crap when did that happen? Unless he's being moved up now it could be a long old while before he even has a sniff of the WWE proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hennig is coming along very fast

dlofnep wrote: »
    ginger people don't get tans :)

Seamus's skin is meant to be particularly fair. He has to wear a full body track suit when wrestling outdoors.
    Crap when did that happen? Unless he's being moved up now it could be a long old while before he even has a sniff of the WWE proper.

Joe and SOS are fueding over the FCW title, calm down.

Seamus's skin is meant to be particularly fair. He has to wear a full body track suit when wrestling outdoors.

Joe and SOS are fueding over the FCW title, calm down.

Well they can mock him over his pale skin i guess.

Alright i thought Joe had taken the title. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Was Dusty Rhodes hinting at a feud there between Seamus and Finlay ?
    Apparently SoS takes exception to Finlay , he believes Finlay ruined his "thing, ye know, his country" .
    Seamus sounds so posh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Seamus sounds so posh.

Isn't the dude from Cabra or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭brick tamland

For such a good promo guy, dusty is terrible on commentary

did i hear right. his finisher is called "the firey red hand"?

Yep, that's what I heard and indeed, Dusty's lousy as a commentary. Todd isn't actually that bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Im liking the music, has a kind of american sports or even a reality tv show feel to it. Unlike all the other wwe music, it actually has a feeling of a legit sports company.

Edit:

"Dublin-man, what did you call him?"

"Eh Dubliner"

"Dub-linner?"

"Yeah hes from dublin"

I love Dusty's commentary, WCW Starrcade 1995 baby!

I love Dusty's commentary, WCW Starrcade 1995 baby!

Could never stomach Dustys commentary, particularly from 95-96. Especially BATB 96.

Bobby Heenan: But who's side is he on?
    Dusty: What???? - are you talking about?

It was a simple question, Dusty! ;)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Could never stomach Dustys commentary, particularly from 95-96. Especially BATB 96.

Bobby Heenan: But who's side is he on?
    Dusty: What???? - are you talking about?

It was a simple question, Dusty! ;)

So but Dusty is a guilty pleasure for me. If you have Starrcade 1995 rewatch it and pay attention to Dusty.

So but Dusty is a guilty pleasure for me. If you have Starrcade 1995 rewatch it and pay attention to Dusty.

I do have it, although i think the video quality is very poor on it, and that was before all the tv's were upgraded with HDMI upscalers, so it's gonna be a visual eyesore to watch!

But i might go on your recommendation though. :)

I do have it, although i think the video quality is very poor on it, and that was before all the tv's were upgraded with HDMI upscalers, so it's gonna be a visual eyesore to watch!

But i might go on your recommendation though. :)

Dailymotion has it streaming.

Dailymotion has it streaming.

Yeah, but i just flat out refuse to watch stuff hunched over a PC or a laptop. ;)

Last weeks FCW taping (not sure if it needs spoilers because we dont get it here, but just to be sure ;))
    Dusty and Josh talk about the FCW Title Match between Joe Hennig and Sheamus O’Shaunessy.

Match Number Five: Joe Hennig versus Sheamus O’Shaunessy for the FCW Title

They lock up and battle around the ring until Sheamus hits a knee and forearm in the corner. Sheamus sends Hennig outside the ring to the floor. Hennig returns before Sheamus can do anything. Hennig with a kick and forearms to Sheamus as he returns to the ring. Hennig punches Sheamus but Sheamus punches back. There is more clubbering between the two competitors. Sheamus charges into a boot but Hennig runs into a clothesline. Sheamus with punches while he is on Hennig until the referee pulls him off. Hennig with a double leg take down and punches of his own. Sheamus with a kick and head butt followed by a hard Irish whip. Sheamus slams Hennig but he misses an elbow drop. Sheamus does not miss with a kick to the midsection. Sheamus with a reverse chin lock with the arm isolated. Sheamus with a knee to the back as he returns to the chin lock. Sheamus sends Hennig to the mat and then he works on the ribs. Hennig with a punch but Sheamus with an elbow and he returns to the chin lock. Hennig with punches but Sheamus with a knee to stop him. Hennig with a cross body for a near fall. Sheamus with a double sledge for a near fall and we go to commercial.

We are back and Hennig hits a belly-to-back suplex for a near fall. Sheamus with a boot to the ribs followed by an elbow to the head. Sheamus with forearms to the back and he gets a near fall. Sheamus with a rear chin lock and he puts his knee in Hennig’s back to add pressure to the challenger. Hennig gets to his feet and he hits a jawbreaker. Hennig with a drop toe hold that sends Sheamus into the ropes. Hennig with a clothesline followed by a running back elbow and drop kick. Hennig with a leap frog neck breaker followed by an elbow drop for a near fall. Hennig waits for Sheamus to get back to his feet and he tries for the Perfectplex but Sheamus stops him. Sheamus tries for the Fiery Red Hand but Hennig backs Sheamus into the corner. Sheamus and Hennig exchange punches and the referee tries to separate them and the referee is sent to the mat by both men. The referee calls for the bell.
    No Contest

After the match, Sheamus and Hennig continue to battle and the referee come into the ring to try to separate them. That does not work and some wrestlers come out to try to separate them. It fails so more wrestlers come out. That works as well as the first two attempts to separate them. More wrestlers come out but they continue to battle on the floor. There is pandemonium on the floor as we go to credits.

Us Irish are good for an auld slobberknocker

• Advertisement

Us Irish are good for an auld slobberknocker

IF that was true, there should be the biggest irish owned, irish ran wrestling company in the world!!
    :rolleyes:

F*cking Dusty finish :mad:

straighttodvd8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

F*cking Dusty finish :mad:

That's not a Dusty finish. It's more like a cop-out when they don't want the title to change or the challenger to lose!

Fozzy wrote: »
    That's not a Dusty finish. It's more like a cop-out when they don't want the title to change or the challenger to lose!

Which if i recall correctly, a lot of Dusty finishes were used for, right? ;)

A Dusty finished is basically a non-finish isn't it ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusty_Finish

didn't they book a load of them back in 96 when Shawn was champ ?

• Advertisement

That wasnt a Dusty finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

His ring work hasn't improved at all the match was rubbish and I think the milk white Irish guy gimmick won't go anywhere, The match was so slow paced and the transitions were poor

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    His ring work hasn't improved at all the match was rubbish and I think the milk white Irish guy gimmick won't go anywhere, The match was so slow paced and the transitions were poor

Perfect for the WWE so.

Advertisement