Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade in Price

Options
  • 27-11-2008 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

I was thinking of trading in 08 Opel Vectra (Hatchback) 1.9 CDTI (120BHP) for the new Opel Insignia in the new year. It has 6 speed, cruise control etc.There is currently 46000km on the clock and full service history from Opel garage where I bought it. It also has the new tax of 290€ per year. I paid about 33000€

What could I expect to get as a trade in for it?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks alot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Nowhere near enough to make it a worthwhile switch I'd say. Maybe 17k way...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Doubt very much they will entertain the idea of taking a 08 car as a trade-in at the moment. They are more than likely full of ex rentals that they could not sell since September. The last thing they would need now is another one.

If they do manage to give you a cost to change price expect it to be alot. My advice is keep the car you have and get value from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

North is flooded with Vectra's at the moment.

2008 1.8 SRi petrols with circa 12k miles - £7,395.

Crazy depreciation........

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'd say what'll happen to the Vectra's is like what happened to the value's of Mondeo's when the new one came out. Huge depriciation.

OP, for what it's worth, hold onto it for another year at least, it would be a waste to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frizzhead

Hi all,

Thanks for the advise. Think I will hold onto it. Its very economical. Had an 03 Diesel leon before I bought the vectra. Got 140000miles out of it so if the vectra can do the same I will be very happy.

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement