Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going home for Christmas?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Last time I was home for christmas was Dec '05. I've been out of the country for the rest. This year will be the same.

Is anyone making the long trip home for some home cooking and a cold christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As Blink 182 once sang "I won't be home for Christmas".

It's just too bloody expensive. The flight prices are bad enough in February when I am heading home. Tbh it's wasted money when you can go for half the price a couple of months later. All you're really missing out on is a nice dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Nope, my parents are coming here. It cost them €4,000 for return flights! :eek::eek:

Won't go home next Christmas either - will go at a crappy time of year cos it's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yes I am.

Breakfast roll en route to every destination,
    Battered sausages,
    carveries
    fry ups

Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I'd love to go to Ireland for Christmas. My parents spend Christmas in Spain where they live most of the year. My older brother will be in Newfoundland and my younger brother will most likely be in LA where his new wife hails from.

My Christmas will be probably be spent in between Melbourne and Bendigo. Next year I am going to Iran or Pakistan because I am not a big festive season fan. Even the drinking and good cheer doesn't excite me anymore. Oh well ....

Yes I am.

Battered sausages,
    carveries
    fry ups

Yum!
    You barsteward! Thanks for rubbing it in :-(

• Advertisement

Arnt we some pair of fat f*cks all the same that we dont get excited about chrimbo but fatty foods draw us home.

You got that right bro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

nah, never liked christmas anyway, my last two were spent drinking and watching dvds, felt more like a standard thursday, except less visitors and my housemate wasnt working and could drink with me from earlier.

my family, however, are visiting a couple days after xmas... the day after my visa runs out, actually. *straight face*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Hell no.

Turkey and cold beer on the beach, wearing a Santa hat and a budgie smuggler, ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think i may spend time at the beach. just cos i can.

• Advertisement

The last time I was in Ireland, Dublin to be precise I had a bad case of Millennium blues and had just come from SF were I had lived for a couple of years. I was expecting planes to fall out of the sky with the whole Y2K thing. I ended up crashing at about 10pm on NYE and was awoken at midnight by fireworks. A couple of days later I would be on the plane to Melbourne. I would actually prefer to go there in summer or even for St Patrick's Day which is always good for a seisuin. Maybe in a few years I will go back. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Anyone want to volunteer to bring me back some Chipper?
    3 in 1 or a proper snack box please ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Mammy wants me to go home,GF wants me to go to her Family, boss wantsme to Go to his place,

I shal be packin an Esky and a swag into the LandCruiser and hiding for a few days

I shal be packin an Esky and a swag into the LandCruiser and hiding for a few days
    I hear ya.

I will prob steal my g/f's Ford Maverick 4WD and go troppo for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I'm staying here in Melbourne for Christmas, and have to work a few hours on Christmas day. It's just going to be me, the boyfriend and the housemate as all of our families live in other states / countries. :( It'll be my first Christmas away from home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Arnt we some pair of fat f*cks all the same that we dont get excited about chrimbo but fatty foods draw us home.

I bet you are a lot healthier since you went down under though arent you?

Every aussie over here talks about the "Heathrow Injection", they sneakily jab it into you when you pass through Heathrow, it makes you gain 2 stone, smoke and drink far too much beer.
    You get the cure when you go back to Australia.

Jumpy wrote: »
    I bet you are a lot healthier since you went down under though arent you?

Every aussie over here talks about the "Heathrow Injection", they sneakily jab it into you when you pass through Heathrow, it makes you gain 2 stone, smoke and drink far too much beer.
    You get the cure when you go back to Australia.
    Thats a pisser. Haven't heard it before but sounds about right. :D
    the dee wrote:
    I'm staying here in Melbourne for Christmas, and have to work a few hours on Christmas day. It's just going to be me, the boyfriend and the housemate as all of our families live in other states / countries. It'll be my first Christmas away from home
    Could be worse. At least you have your boyfriend and housemate to piss it up with. A couple of Christmases ago I spent Christmas alone as in totally ALONE. Didn't get one call or have anyone stop by. I spent the day getting pissed on my tod chatting to strangers online. Dark days ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Famly's coming here for me, I wasnt going to go home at xmas anyway, its just another day except more beer/food for me. Will be sweet to sit out on the deck with a sixpack wearing shorts instead of freezing overcast indoors drunkenness as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

dSTAR wrote: »
    I hear ya.

I will prob steal my g/f's Ford Maverick 4WD and go troppo for a week or so.

Dude you know her less than 2 weeks and you're planning xmas together!
    Whipped!
    (assume it is http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055419740 this chick)

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

last year weather sucked in NZ and I couldn't get a turkey so had to have chicken and ham :(. Seem to be plenty of turkeys in Perth though so I'm looking forward to it. Hope it's sunny.

• Advertisement

Yes I am.

Battered sausages,
    carveries
    fry ups

Yum!

Stupid fu(kin ba$tard paddies!!!
    Ruined, everything is fu(kin ruined!!!

Advertisement