Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Feed for weanlings

Options
  • 27-11-2008 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have a few weanling heifers that I didnt sell - will probably keep them for cows, so I'm not too concerned about beefing them up. However I'm just wondering what is the best feed for them - at the moment I'm giving them beef nuts from the local co-op, which they appear to be doing quite well on but would I get better results if feeding something else, like crunch for instance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭charliecon

No turbury a kilo per day of a basic nut plus good silage will do them fine since you only want to grow them and not fatten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

charliecon wrote: »
    No turbury a kilo per day of a basic nut plus good silage will do them fine since you only want to grow them and not fatten

thanks charliecon - i have 2 weanling bulls left also - was thinking about getting one of them vasectomised to use as a teaser bull next year, i suppose these shoud get ore concentrate really.

Advertisement