Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Christianity

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Me too. One of the yardsticks I use to distinguish them is: to what extent does the person posing the controversial question engage in debate? If the answer is "not at all", then question answered.

Yeah, I try use that in most forums. It is a good yardstick for guessing the posters intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭[Preacher]

So what you're saying is that the idea of that credit cards are the mark of evil is ridiculous. But living after you've died.... thats believable?

Moderating a christianity forum is kind of like standing in judgement on someone, no? I must have missed the point.

Unban him, keep all the nutcases in one forum imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

[Preacher] wrote: »

They do keep all the nutcases in one forum. Or at least they try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

[Preacher] wrote: »
    Oh, why god? Why god did you unleash the nutcases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

The forum gives a lot of latitude -but unlike a political forum or such- but because of its nature its easy to offend.

I have had the odd warning and infraction.Justified no doubt.

While Gareths posts dont bother me - I can imagine people getting offended or them getting in the way of real discussions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I don't think his post was that bad, really. There were several directions it could have been steered to, one being about the use uf numerology in various religions, like Islam and the Kabbalah, or indeed the probition on calling mastercard and visa usurious, because of the anti-semetic overtones.

Numerology, is and has been a part of religions, as secret codes have been,[very cleverly mocked in Paradise Lost] part of religion and interpretation for ages. Why pretend it doesnt exist? Think its a little unfair of him to be banned. Why not moved to spirituality?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Secondly, there is no Satan forum, unless you count politics as one, nor is there a Judaism forum, so where else is someone supposed to get Old Testament about something?

Satanism should go in A&A or Christianity depending on whether it's theistic or not :)

It doesnt belong in Christianity. It may belong in A and A but that is also questionable. I dont know enough about Satanism to know whether it has a creed, doctrine and sacriment, ie a religion, probably belongs in spirituality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

You cannot believe in Satan without believing in God, unless you read the bible with your eyes closed.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I don't think his post was that bad, really. There were several directions it could have been steered to, one being about the use uf numerology in various religions, like Islam and the Kabbalah, or indeed the probition on calling mastercard and visa usurious, because of the anti-semetic overtones.

Numerology, is and has been a part of religions, as secret codes have been,[very cleverly mocked in Paradise Lost] part of religion and interpretation for ages. Why pretend it doesnt exist? Think its a little unfair of him to be banned. Why not moved to spirituality?
    You're completely missing the point. He's not banned because of views he expressed, he's banned because he's behaving disruptively in the forum: posting controversial viewpoints and refusing to discuss them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Schuhart wrote: »

Now, I think regular posters in the religion forums know that folk like Asiaprod, Dades and PDN actually do facilitate free ranging discussion. So, to be honest, I am just taking it on trust that this banning was necessary.

As I'm a fairly new addition to team mod, I suspect that you simply forgot to put my name in there. If not you are banned for a month!

Wait...

2 months.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

As I'm a fairly new addition to team mod, I suspect that you simply forgot to put my name in there. If not you are banned for a month!

Wait...

2 months.

Insignificant simpsons quote-5 points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

You're banned, too.

Wait...

Site banned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Sorry for causing any trouble.

Im not sure if what I posted was correct. It was from my own head, I never claimed it to be from any other source. I would hate to be called a false prophet.

I don't agree with the way the thread was closed though because I was posing a question and asking for feedback so a month's ban seems to me to be atheist/anti-catholic driven ;)

Anyway, the main thing is to focus on God and what he wants. For people to listen to the words He says and live their lives according to His words.

You're completely missing the point. He's not banned because of views he expressed, he's banned because he's behaving disruptively in the forum: posting controversial viewpoints and refusing to discuss them.

May i ask what you work as for a living? :) Just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gareth, please reduce the size of your signature before I do it for you. It contravenes the siganture rules, which are here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60479

seamus wrote: »
    Gareth, please reduce the size of your signature before I do it for you. It contravenes the siganture rules, which are here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60479

Sorry Seamus,

Yes Ive asked for help with it on another thread in this forum.

I have used a smaller image now which seems to be in line with many other users on the forum now. Sorry about that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm afraid it's still too large.

The attached image is within the appropriate guidelines.

Gareth37 wrote: »
    May i ask what you work as for a living? :) Just out of curiosity.
    Why?

seamus wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's still too large.

The attached image is within the appropriate guidelines.

Thanks.

That looks good.

• Advertisement

Why?

Ah, just wondering. Curiosity. ;););)

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Ah, just wondering. Curiosity. ;););)
    O... kay...

/takes out anti-stalker insurance

O... kay...

/takes out anti-stalker insurance

Yes, also PM me your address and phone number and directions to your house :eek:

:D

Oscar bravo?

It was controversial? Dont see it myself but...if you say so...

I thought it was kind of dumb to be blunt, too dumb to stir anything up really.

Advertisement