Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do the non-believers go when they die?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

I've been struggling with this for a long time (seriously).

Given - there is about 6.6 Billion people in the world
    Given - About 33% of these are Christians (assume for simplicity they are all believers in God)

If I'm not mistaken, non-believers in God dont get into heaven.

So it seems that there are 4.5 Billion people (non-Christians) that aint getting into heaven... are we to assume they are going to Hell when they die?

Given that Christianity only kicked off about 2000 years ago, then everyone before year 0 (or is that year 1?) must have been a non-believer (since they had no reason to believe in the Christian God) and therefore they went to hell (raw deal to be punished for something that you didnt know about, huh?).

(Hell must be a big place, or an uncomfortably small place).

Thoughts anyone (wrong forum maybe)?

Cheers,
    Muppet Man
    (Agnostic, because Hell CANT be that big ;) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe you're better off asking this in the Christianity forum?

Most people on this forum believe that everybody (Christian or otherwise) turns to dust and that's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I'm planning on being cryogenically frozen. ( Then I'll be revived to live for ever and carry out my evil master plan to rule the world :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

The ground.

Then we are worm food.

The circle of life continues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

If my latest acid trip is correct, I can't tell you because it is beyond the ability of your mind to comprehend it, let alone my mind to articulate it.

We go the same place everyone else goes.

Personally I think I would like to be cremated with my ashes used to plant an Ash tree somewhere at home. But I'll be dead so whatever happens it doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

we are all shoved into Hell, and then when Hell is full up the dead will walk the Earth, thus will begin the Zombie Apocalypse... personally I'm trying to stay alive as long as possible to give me a better chance of Zombiefication, I've always had a penchant for brains so an eternal existence of eating them would be delightful... plus I've heard that Zombies are quite adept at doing the moonwalk, something I've always tried to master but failed, much to the amusement of many of the party goers at the soirée's I frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Well seeing as non believers in Allah/Jesus/Krishna/Abba/Giant Spaghetti monster ALL go to hell, it's a bit of a monopoly really.

NO-ONE gets to pass go and collect 200 dollars, so everyone is apparantly going to Hell.

I however have a get out of jail free card from when I landed on chance........suckers.
    So it seems that there are 4.5 Billion people (non-Christians) that aint getting into heaven... are we to assume they are going to Hell when they die?

You seem to have forgotten about thousands of years of history. That's only the blokes around today, what about the thousands of people throughout time.

I'd advise not to think about it, sure isn't it all on faith because even a cursory glance would indicate that it's a gigantic load of illogical bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I dont have an answer to your question other than in the ground, but ill just point out a few things that may help you, before christ there where Jews they belived in the same God christians do so that clears up the question on what happened before christ was born.

Musilums jews and christians all believe in the same God they just have different profits muhamed jesus moses etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Musilums jews and christians all believe in the same God they just have different profits
    Lots, loads and tonnes? :pac:

Freudian slip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Musilums jews and christians all believe in the same God they just have different profits

Indeed, but it's all good business. Keep those premium rate numbers ringing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

If my latest acid trip is correct, I can't tell you because it is beyond the ability of your mind to comprehend it, let alone my mind to articulate it.

Damn, maybe I should stop meditating and do it your way. You got it all in one small sentence:)

seamus wrote: »
    Lots, loads and tonnes? :pac:

Freudian slip?

nope it was intended not my joke though so i won't take credit for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

There are seperate heavens and hells for all religions. In an ironic twist Muslim hell is Christian heaven.

You can visit other heavens of course. It wouldn't be heaven if there were any restrictions. Catholic heaven doesn't allow sex of course. Any good Catholic doesn't do sex. So Catholics who must can go next door to Anglican heaven. The best place for virgins though is Muslim heaven. They still have a surplus for future needs.

For atheists and Hindus there is no heaven. They just keep getting sent back until they learn the error of their ways.

Hell for the most part is just a waiting room with uncomfortable chairs. Your tickets says you're number 999,999,999.9 recurring. The magazines are always the ones you hate with articles about Becks and Posh and while there is a TV in the room. It only shows repeats of 'Little house on the Prairie' with a fuzzy screen.

while there is a TV in the room. It only shows repeats of 'Little house on the Prairie' with a fuzzy screen.

Now if it was showing the afternoon show .......................

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

In an ironic twist Muslim hell is Christian heaven.

What?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Zillah wrote: »
    What?
    All the muslims who weren't good enough or believed the wrong thing end up in a place full of bible-thumping, hallelujah henries? Sounds hellish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

why not tell us anyway

There are seperate heavens and hells for all religions. In an ironic twist Muslim hell is Christian heaven.

You can visit other heavens of course. It wouldn't be heaven if there were any restrictions. Catholic heaven doesn't allow sex of course. Any good Catholic doesn't do sex. So Catholics who must can go next door to Anglican heaven. The best place for virgins though is Muslim heaven. They still have a surplus for future needs.

So all you need is an ecelestical visa? Hot damn, where do I get mine?

kmick wrote: »
    why not tell us anyway

Because as soon as I get the part where I have to use reflexive pronouns the whole thing stops making sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What's heaven like?
    It's okay.. There's a shortage of chairs... Yeah....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Why don't atheists just convert on their death beds (in many many years time hopefully)
    Just in case.
    What have you got to lose?
    Best of both worlds. You can preach your whole lifetime that your non believers and IF there is a heaven you can get in the back door. Happy Days!

grahamo wrote: »
    Why don't atheists just convert on their death beds (in many many years time hopefully)
    Just in case.
    What have you got to lose?
    Best of both worlds. You can preach your whole lifetime that your non believers and IF there is a heaven you can get in the back door. Happy Days!

I believe that if god existed he wouldn't be a sucker and would in fact see through my serrupticious ploy to get into heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

we are all shoved into Hell, and then when Hell is full up the dead will walk the Earth, thus will begin the Zombie Apocalypse... personally I'm trying to stay alive as long as possible to give me a better chance of Zombiefication, I've always had a penchant for brains so an eternal existence of eating them would be delightful... plus I've heard that Zombies are quite adept at doing the moonwalk, something I've always tried to master but failed, much to the amusement of many of the party goers at the soirée's I frequent.

I do apologise for going off topic here but your post reminded me of the video below (don't ask) and gave me a good chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Everyone goes to Heaven.

.. accept Scientologists of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Where do non believers go? Homebase I'd imagine. Maybe Atlantic Homecare -a celestial Atlantic Homecare.

Where do non believers go? Homebase I'd imagine. Maybe Atlantic Homecare -a celestial Atlantic Homecare.

Sounds like hell to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Indeed, an eternity pushing a trolley with a squeaky wheel up and down Homebase is enough to giddy up anyone's fear.

Advertisement