Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with study timetable.

Options
  • 27-11-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

:eek: Ok, I'm the kind of person who needs to be kicked into motion to start doing real study. I have been doing my homework and looking over chapters (scan revision) but in order for me to really study I need to have a class test. (I secretly smile inside when a teacher announces one because I know I have to study or I'll fail)

Ok, Christmas tests begin on the 17th Dec and I need to make a good timetable to stick to for the next 2 weeks!

I'm doing 6 subjects (I'm a repeatee, so I'm not stressing THAT much, just worried because everyone is telling me I know it all already. Really? Wow, even I didn't know that.

English (H)
    Maths (0)
    Biology (H)
    History (H)
    Business (H)
    Art (H)
    Max Points - 560. Looking for in Christmas: 450+

How should I plan out the timetable? Begin with hardest stuff or easiest stuff? How long should I give each segment? 20 mins? 30mins? Do I do a subject each day (e.gMonday-Art) or do several a day. My day begins at 7am (joy) and I usually stop all work at 8/9pm (I need some time to play my Wii :P)

Thanks a million, sorry if tl;dr.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well a lot of it is up to you, tbh. People work differently and all that.

What I did was...

40 minute blocks of different subjects. Usually something like 40 minutes of a language (Irish, English or French), 40 minutes of a "science" (Maths, Applied Maths, Physics), 40 minutes of an "art" (Art, Music). Just to mix it up.
    Of course, you know yourself how much you need to dedicate to certain subjects. ie I rarely "studied" Art so instead of doing that, I'd do extra Irish etc.

Hard/unpleasant things first. To get them out of the way while I still had the energy. Don't do too much horrible stuff at once of course, so after 40 minutes of say, English essay (ugh) I'd do 40 minutes of Music (listening yay), and then say, 40 minutes of Maths (my best subject, so it was easy and I could do while tired).

And then I'd take a break... for hours... or 40 minutes, if I had the self-discipline.

As for the specific content... well, you're studying for your Christmas exams. Take what you need to know for them in each subject, write it down (not TOO meticulously, no point spending hours over a rough plan), see what needs most attention, then plan out your study "blocks" from now until Christmas (be realistic about what you'll do), and plan what you'll do in each one. That's what I did for my Mocks, anyway. It didn't work fantastically in that I didn't necessarily do what I intended on doing, but I did SOMETHING so it wasn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I agree with purplefixtmaster but I wouldnt write actual times on the time table, just keep it to monday-friday and what subjects you plan to study on those days, it prevents you from feeling guilty about doing 1 hour maths study and then only 20 mins french or whatever =p

Advertisement