Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby - City vs United Match Thread

• 27-11-2008 11:11am

man%20city%20crest.pngVS manutdcrest1.jpg

Sun 30th Nov - The City of Manchester Stadium - K.O. - 13.30

Bring it on Xavi! :pac:

To be honest, if there's one team this year that I absolutely want to beat after last year, it's City. Now with their new money, I want it just that little bit more.

Hopefully Berbatov will be fit. be interesting to see who Fergie goes with at right back to combat Robinho.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cITEH win.

Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Bring it on Xavi! :pac:

To be honest, if there's one team this year that I absolutely want to beat after last year, it's City. Now with their new money, I want it just that little bit more.

Hopefully Berbatov will be fit. be interesting to see who Fergie goes with at right back to combat Robinho.
    It will bring me such great delight if we can beat them at home this year.

But in general, I hate these games.

Last time I saw us beat them was at home 2 seasons ago, my first United match, one the best days of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jgw84404.jpg

OWa84404.jpg

C'MON CITEH!!!!!

And here, sort that OP out. We're at home so our crest should be first :mad:

As much as I don't wanna remember that day, this was amazing and powerful.

C_71_article_1035925_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

silenceG1002_468x312.jpg

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And here, sort that OP out. We're at home so our crest should be first :mad:

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Given the recent form of United, I can't see us winning this game. Will be lucky to get a draw imo - we just can't get a run of form going. Head says City win. Though United can't afford to drop any points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The jerseys without the sponsors logo looked ****ing great last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Given the recent form of United, I can't see us winning this game. Will be lucky to get a draw imo - we just can't get a run of form going. Head says City win. Though United can't afford to drop any points.
    I'm not sure City can either, sure they're only 3 points above the relegation zone! Not safe yet :pac:

I dunno who to play at RB :confused: Actually Brown and Neville are injured, so that kinda narrows it down :p I would say Rafa because of his pace, but I could see him getting p*ssed off if he gets skinned, and giving away a peno! :( Maybe O'Shea would be best... for his eh.... composure..... eh....
    Nah he'd probably be my choice tbh.

VDS in goal... I guess...

VDS
    O'Shea
    Rio
    Vida
    Evra
    Carrick
    Fletch
    Ronaldo
    Park
    Rooney

Tevez*

* I assume Berb is still injured? If not then start him

Form in derbies tends to go out the window to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm not sure City can either, sure they're only 3 points above the relegation zone! Not safe yet :pac:

I dunno who to play at RB :confused: Actually Brown and Neville are injured, so that kinda narrows it down :p I would say Rafa because of his pace, but I could see him getting p*ssed off if he gets skinned, and giving away a peno! :( Maybe O'Shea would be best... for his eh.... composure..... eh....
    Nah he'd probably be my choice tbh.

VDS in goal... I guess...

VDS
    O'Shea
    Rio
    Vida
    Evra
    Carrick
    Fletch
    Ronaldo
    Park
    Rooney

Tevez*

* I assume Berb is still injured? If not then start him
    berb is suppose to be back for it
    its a hard choice for RB o'shea could be better against Robino but o shea brings nothing to the attack

but Raf would be a real danger going down the right but could he defend?

hard choice but id go Raf

lol

Rafael vs Robinho would be an absolute disaster for United.

Guy is great going forward, but has a LOT to learn in defending.

It'll be O'Shea, no doubt about it.

O'Shea probably has more to learn about defending tbh!!!

Des wrote: »
    lol

Rafael vs Robinho would be an absolute disaster for United.

Guy is great going forward, but has a LOT to learn in defending.

It'll be O'Shea, no doubt about it.

ya suppose your right but o shea is hardly any help to Ronaldo

i know it wont happen but i wouldnt mind Tevez on for Ronney

tevez

berb

Ronney's form has been brutal imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I am hoping for a draw here and an Arsenal win on Sunday :)

I am hoping for a draw here and an Arsenal win on Sunday :)

Arsenal probably will win on Sunday, they tend to turn up against better quality opposition.

As for Sunday, I will go on record saying now that Citeh were the first fixture I looked for this year. Normally it's not the case but after last year this was the case.

Meh just another game for us at this stage :pac:

I'll think about it properly after we get through tonight.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Meh just another game for us at this stage :pac:

I'll think about it properly after we get through tonight.

Nah! it's been your biggest fixture for years! but u can say that for now! If we win on Sunday ill be lookin over the United thread from last year to determine the sufficient amount of abuse to give ya!! You earned it!!

No DVDs for us though!! :pac:

The title of this thread is wrong.

The arrogance of Manchester United fans has been displayed twice this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I hope Manchester City beat Manchester Utd on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Fixed for ya Des. I got it wrong in the Op too. Not arrogance, I support United and wasn't paying too much attention. Hence I'd mention United first.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

I'm really looking forward to this game. To be honest I haven't been that excited about the Manchester Derby in recent years. City simply wanted it more last season so After their double against us United players should be chomping at the bit and the fact that their now loaded and looking to buy their way into the top 4 adds extra spice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The jerseys without the sponsors logo looked ****ing great last year.

agreed...

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

No mention of anderson yet in this thread.
    Surely he could put him in to do a job on Ireland like he done on senna in the first half midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

ya suppose your right but o shea is hardly any help to Ronaldo

i know it wont happen but i wouldnt mind Tevez on for Ronney

tevez

berb

Ronney's form has been brutal imo

Did anyone else think O'Shea played absolutely rubbish the other day? Every single time I saw him attempt a basic pass he messed up, and when he tried to be clever he always makes an absolute balls of it, trying to thread magnificent through balls and misreading Andersons run, or hitting it too hard.

I know he's a squad player and most of the time he seems to be happy to make up the numbers, but the look on Ronaldo's face the other day said it all... he just should not be playing in any sort of important game.

Back OT, obv I'm hoping for a United win... 10 years ago Derby games like this had a much better atmosphere as the teams usually had a few local players in the squad, and knew they would get hell off the fans if they didn't perform... these days I think most teams just view it as another game.

I'm gonna go with 1-2 United... Robinho, Rooney x2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Rafael playing before O Shea, PLEASE. :) Our attack is doing badly enough at the moment without O Shea galloping up the wings ruining every attack, least with Rafael we have some attacking force.

Smegball wrote: »
    Rafael playing before O Shea, PLEASE. :) Our attack is doing badly enough at the moment without O Shea galloping up the wings ruining every attack, least with Rafael we have some attacking force.

Please indeed! Robson will have a field day.

But he can't defend proerly at this stage, putting him against Robinho might well ruin his career.

No mention of anderson yet in this thread.
    Surely he could put him in to do a job on Ireland like he done on senna in the first half midweek

Anderson did a job on Senna? Senna is a holding midfielder. Anderson was in an attacking position the other night and did **** all? Senna was the one doing the job.

• Advertisement

Anderson did a job on Senna? Senna is a holding midfielder. Anderson was in an attacking position the other night and did **** all? Senna was the one doing the job.

Lies.

Anderson had a smashing game the other night.

Senna is a playmaker, and Anderson restricted him.

:D I have a spare City shirt going if you'd like it for Sunday!

To be fair, O Shea will be dominated by Robinho aswell, I wouldn't trust O Shea in any games of this magnitude.

Lies.

Anderson had a smashing game the other night.

Senna is a playmaker, and Anderson restricted him.

taught Anderson started off brilliant but he went missing late on

thats one of his bad points
    goes missing in games to much

that and cant shoot to save his life:D

To be fair, O Shea will be dominated by Robinho aswell, I wouldn't trust O Shea in any games of this magnitude.

True. I remember that miss at Maine Road very well :D

oh my. are you people for real about the other night. he was poooor. and an unfit Senna looked on a different planet to him. Anderson was playing in a much more advanced role than Senna, Senna had him for breakfast. Anderson is the playmaker, senna is a holding midfielder.

• Advertisement

You are so wrong Alan, it's actually on a different planet.

Anderson has been poor this season tbh, really needs to kick it up a few notches, Carrick's performance on Sunday will be key I think, Rooney needs a goal desperately, I can't see him scoring on Sunday, I think this could be a 1-0 to either side with a goal from a set piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

oh my. are you people for real about the other night. he was poooor. and an unfit Senna looked on a different planet to him. Anderson was playing in a much more advanced role than Senna, Senna had him for breakfast. Anderson is the playmaker, senna is a holding midfielder.

Yeah Alan he didn't touch the ball for the 45 minutes he was on the pitch but he blew Anderson out of the water. :D

O'Shea was better than Senna the other night.

Anderson has been poor this season tbh, really needs to kick it up a few notches, Carrick's performance on Sunday will be key I think, Rooney needs a goal desperately, I can't see him scoring on Sunday, I think this could be a 1-0 to either side with a goal from a set piece.

In that case it will be a United win because we can't score from or defend set pieces.

i'd view his job the other night as containing Anderson.

Anderson did **** all.

Job done.

• Advertisement

Anderson did **** all.
    lol

Anderson got many decent passes away, incluiding setting up the Ronaldo chance which was tipped onto the bar in the first half.

That was a superb ball he played.

Rooney didn't play in either fixture last season, so I think he is a def to start, if anything he could win us a sneaky peno with a dive. :pac: Ronaldo didn't play last year either.

I could keep Robiniho quiet if he doesn't show up on the day, Bolton and Boro didn't give him a kick. Alternatively if Robiniho is firing doesn't matter if a 25 year old Maldini is on him.

I will go for an away win and glady sing "Blue Moon - you have nothing won in a Blue Moon" :D

Anderson got many decent passes away, incluiding setting up the Ronaldo chance which was tipped onto the bar in the first half.

That was a superb ball he played.

The Ronaldo shot from 30 yards out? Anderson set that up? christ the lad is obviously a genius then :rolleyes:

The boy is serrrrrrrrrrrriously over-rated.

The boy is serrrrrrrrrrrriously over-rated.

Good, he might be the next Gerrard then. ;)

He'll be the best player in the world in two or three years.

Boggles wrote: »
    Rooney didn't play in either fixture last season, so I think he is a def to start, if anything he could win us a sneaky peno with a dive. :pac: Ronaldo didn't play last year either.

I could keep Robiniho quiet if he doesn't show up on the day, Bolton and Boro didn't give him a kick. Alternatively if Robiniho is firing doesn't matter if a 25 year old Maldini is on him.

I will go for an away win and glady sing "Blue Moon - you have nothing won in a Blue Moon" :D

BACKPAGE_RONALDO_18_434129a.jpg

Boggles wrote: »
    Good, he might be the next Gerrard then. ;)
    #

i dont even know wat this means?

I'll eat my own testicles if he is the best player in the world within the next three years.

He has been downright poor since last Christmas.

And looks like he couldnt score in a gay bar with his cacks down and a €50 note between his arse cheeks.

Messi or Fabregas IMO

I'll eat my own testicles if he is the best player in the world within the next three years.

PLEASE Anderson get it together.

And looks like he couldnt score in a gay bar with his cacks down and a €50 note between his arse cheeks.

ROFL!

it's sad but true. His long range shooting is fuckin woegeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The fact that City have to play tonight is somewhat significant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement