Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby - City vs United Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Did you even read the post? I said 4 goals in 3 games is the form of a top class midfielder. I never siad he was the best at anything or ranked in the top 10 of anything.

I said his FORM is world class. Could just be a purple spell and hence him needing to keep it up til May.

Jeez you really will try to sht stir anything.

his form of 3 games one against umm, hull? world beaters...Arsenal - ok and emm....some other world class outfit...

world class my jaxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The other 'outfit' got to the last 16 of the Champions League last season. Yeah, bunch of shite hawks :rolleyes:

Well let's broaden it then to 21 appearances and 8 goals from a central midfield position. Still not world class FORM?

The other 'outfit' got to the last 16 of the Champions League last season. Yeah, bunch of shite hawks :rolleyes:

Well let's broaden it then to 21 appearances and 8 goals from a central midfield position. Still not world class FORM?

It's not bad, but he's as far away from europe's top midfield player as I am.

it's funny, when ronaldo scores 8 goals against teams in the champions league group stages, knockoutthey're mickey mouse teams doesn't do it in the big games

when ireland scores against someone in the mickey mouse cup it's added as world class potential....

what's the weather like down there...

I never said anything about Ronaldo.

Mid 20s, sunny. Headin out to the races in a half hour or so for 'work' :D

I never said anything about Ronaldo.

Mid 20s, sunny. Headin out to the races in a half hour or so for 'work' :D

bastard :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

4 goals in his last 3 games is good form so on that basis he's up there at this moment.

I agree people are getting carried away though. He needs to keep it up til May.
    ntlbell wrote: »
    his form of 3 games one against umm, hull? world beaters...Arsenal - ok and emm....some other world class outfit...

world class my jaxy.

In fairness ntbell it's more goals than our entire midfield:( in the last 3 games.

Having said that we owe them . so going for 0-2 Fletcher and Vidic:eek::eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/29/manchester-city-premier-league
    ......Robinho looks you in the eye and tells you he isn't bothered because, quite frankly, this is the happiest he has ever been as a professional footballer.

"What people have to realise is that I want to be here for many, many years to come," he says matter-of-factly. It is the kind of statement that could be accompanied by a fist on the table. Instead, Robinho is smiling, showing off those perfect teeth, as he has done so many times since his £32.5m signing from Real Madrid. "Some people seem to think I'm here only for the money but that's not true at all. If I only wanted money, I would have gone somewhere else. I had offers from Saudi Arabia and Japan and I could have earned much more over there."

He says all the right things, whether true or not. Hopefully he shows up tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He says all the right things, whether true or not. Hopefully he shows up tomorrow.

2 Words.

O'Shea - Pocket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Boggles wrote: »
    2 Words.

O'Shea - Pocket :D

Ah youve gone a jinxed it now. Just give him a good kick in the first 5 minutes and that will hopefully shut him up a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

only1stevo wrote: »
    Never heard so much drivel to be honest,
    This is a discussion thread, enabling us to discuss different points of view on who should mark who, on who should play where etc. Your saying back when Henry was at his Prime we never attempted to nullify his threat or lampard,drogba,fabregas,adebayor??
    You are obviously a very emotional man if this "saddens you".

So the opposition doesnt change its personnel to nullify ronaldo,rooney,tevez,evra etc etc anymore???????
    Oh and im pretty sure the most talked about topic in the United Thread this year has been about the strike force and not the "nullifying" force.

Any1 got a box of tissues for Kyrogen? He's Very sad
    :(

oh dear

gettin excited now! im in Poland at the mo and its ridiculously hard to find a pub that shows the English games! nobody seems to have Sky! :(

and stevo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

kryogen wrote: »
    oh dear

gettin excited now! im in Poland at the mo and its ridiculously hard to find a pub that shows the English games! nobody seems to have Sky! :(

and stevo

Great response, the very fact that you are in Poland and find time to post on boards suggests something unfortunate about your sexuality.

only1stevo wrote: »
    Great response, the very fact that you are in Poland and find time to post on boards suggests something unfortunate about your sexuality.

LOL better again! aww your banned so you cant read this :(

were you suggesting it would be unfortunate to be gay?

i always make time to post on boards :) cant be ridin poles 24/7 like haha

kryogen wrote: »
    LOL better again! aww your banned so you cant read this :(

were you suggesting it would be unfortunate to be gay?

i always make time to post on boards :)cant be ridin poles 24/7 like haha

Must not make gay joke.... :pac:

Must not make gay joke.... :pac:

i will say one thing for this place, i may be paralysed today with the mother and father of all hangovers but hell it was worth it!

the women in poland are for the most part ****ing amazing, and of course they love the oul irish charm haha

right, i feel i should post on topic rather then gloat 100%

anyone know if Berb has been confirmed fit for the game yet?

If this Showboat special doesn't get you in the mood....

If this Showboat special doesn't get you in the mood....

Nice one.

Whats your plans for the game , middle of the night job for you ?, online or would it be aired on TV , Not many city fans around you or that part of the world I would imagine .

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Nice one.

Whats your plans for the game , middle of the night job for you ?, online or would it be aired on TV , Not many city fans around you or that part of the world I would imagine .

Au contrare! In about an hour I'm heading up to the official Manchester City supporters bar in Perth which is 5 minutes from my apartment. For the last derby there were about 100 City fans and 3 United. Crackin atmosphere. Kick off's 10.30pm which isn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Working till 8.30. I have duel monitors set up and shall get about 30% of what I had planned to do today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ronaldo's legs look like he is having a seizure when he is doing his stepover thing, he looks a little retarded in some of those clips tbh, especially at the very start. I love the bit with both Robinho and Ronaldo faking the pass to their LB at around the 2 minute mark.

Good Robinho video here;

• Advertisement

Au contrare! In about an hour I'm heading up to the official Manchester City supporters bar in Perth which is 5 minutes from my apartment. For the last derby there were about 100 City fans and 3 United. Crackin atmosphere. Kick off's 10.30pm which isn't too bad.

Was not a dig, Am surprised by the numbers. Are they many Aussies . Or would it be Irish/English blow-ins ?

10.30 not bad , Leaves you time to drowned your sorrows :D

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Was not a dig, Am surprised by the numbers. Are they many Aussies . Or would it be Irish/English blow-ins ?

10.30 not bad , Leaves you time to drowned your sorrows :D

Oh I know it wasn't. I didn't realise there were that many of us either until I was told about the place. It's probably 90% English up there with the odd extra thrown in.

I don't think I can face losing, purely because we're actually being given a chance before the game for probably the first time in 20 years!

Oh I know it wasn't. I didn't realise there were that many of us either until I was told about the place. It's probably 90% English up there with the odd extra thrown in.

I don't think I can face losing, purely because we're actually being given a chance before the game for probably the first time in 20 years!

what time is it there now chavvy? 10.30?
    never mind just read previous post :D

Losing :eek: Christ ! My dog only stopped limping a few weeks ago after last season results.:D

Ha ha

A source we have on the inside (basically a mate of Micah Richards) has suggested that Zabaleta has been training at left back and may play there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah a 10/3 chance with PP if you fancy it :D Might send you spiralling into depression though if when you lose the match AND your bet... Stick with modest sums :pac:

• Advertisement

Right I'm off to the boozer. Nervous as fuck!

C'MON CITEH!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Any teams yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

This place is gonna be highly amusing today.

yr5xiwn4gkya.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=0NEMFYTS5VQ806HF9CR2&Expires=1228048142&Signature=SClvYM9pRjwJVterQ4mjkCe67so%3D

Edit: Ah balls, I see Xavi won't be around.

I'll be keepin an eye via my phone don't worry!

So just so I understand this correctly, you'll be down getting locked in the boozer, and posting via Boards M. Excellent, popcorn .gif back on

yr5xiwn4gkya.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=0NEMFYTS5VQ806HF9CR2&Expires=1228048142&Signature=SClvYM9pRjwJVterQ4mjkCe67so%3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That's dedication LAdies and Gents.
    We could all do with taking a leaf out of this man's book!

Utd Team

VDS

RAFAEL
    RIO
    VIDIC
    EVRA

RONALDO
    CARRICK
    FLETCHER
    PARK

ROONEY
    BERBS

BENCH ... FOSTER , ANDERSON , GIGGS , NANI , O SHEA , EVANS , TEVEZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

This should actually be a cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »

Agreed.
    I'm seeing a 4-3 kind of scoreline...

Rafael? Lovely

Rafael? Lovely

Bookmarked for future merking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Rafael? Lovely

Oh how I'd love for this to come back and bite you in the arse:pac:

I doubt very many United fans are confident about him facing Robby tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Decent, so happy Rafa is playing , far better than any O'Shea or Neviller.

COME ON UNITED

I am more than happy with Rafa playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm more confident that if it was Gary Neville tbh

Unearthly wrote: »
    I'm more confident that if it was Gary Neville tbh
    Yup Robinho would run Neville ragged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Cant wait for this. Very suprised ferguson is starting raf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Des wrote: »
    He'll be the best player in the world in two or three years.

I hope not - I doubt I'd survive the nuclear holocaust it'd take.

Cant wait for this. Very suprised ferguson is starting raf.

Even after his performance at the Emirates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Dont get me wrong delighted RAF is getting the start I just thought ferguson would go more cautious and start JOS.

Even after his performance at the Emirates?
    Excellent little player, today is centre stage for him to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eZe^ wrote: »

You just jinxed it. :(:D

A premiership encounter with a lot of pre match hype? Probably a scoreless draw then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You just jinxed it. :(:D

A premiership encounter with a lot of pre match hype? Probably a scoreless draw then.

No hope of this being 0-0. United will teach these boyos a lesson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Very good team there! I'm just afraid that Rafa might give away some free kicks / a penalty if Robinho does his tricks. Johno would just let him pass, like a gentleman :D Great opportunity for Rafa to make an impact today.

Very happy with that team though.

Advertisement