Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby - City vs United Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Ah close for City :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Frisbee wrote: »
    It looked like he was pointing at the badge on his sleeve though instead of his chest?
    Or was that just me?

He did. Premiership champions have a gold EPL emblem on their sleeve, as opposed to normal white emblems for everyone else.

Nice little touch I have to say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ronaldo having a nightmare tbh bring on JOS :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ntlbell wrote: »
    he threw it in the same spot the kick was at

ronaldo did it 5 mins later and nothing was said?

irelands yellow a joke, fletechers the same the cards were redic

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Webb is doing fine so far in my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Who gets the assist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I agree on the Ronaldo comment, he is woeful today, anonymous.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Webb is doing fine so far in my mind.

what did ireland do wrong?

So far so good.

Ronnie is dreadful.

Park, Rafa, Roon, Carrick, Fletch and the Defense playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

he never does it in the big games :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Delighted with the first half.:)

Hope utd dont drop down a gear in the second half as I feel city have a goal in them.

Its true, good to see he isnt being fed the ball the whole time.

There was one stage in the first half , and it was so refreshing seeing Rafa just bombing up the line for his cross for Berba.

Then you have that knob Ronaldo , dicking about with the ball and losing it .

Webb has turned into an awful ref, he has displayed in countless times now on the European stage and sounds like he is doing so again today.

As soon as a ref gets a bit of hype they seem to turn crap ala Poll.

Cruijff wrote: »

Then you have that knob Ronaldo , dicking about with the ball and losing it .

step overs 19

balls given away 6

balls blasted into the stand 2

nightmare is not the word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Better team up at the half. We're just dire. Vas needs to be hauled off for starters. Didi is doin ok but is too slow. Defending awful as expected, though Kompany has done well. Need Elano, Sturridge, and Zab on to change things up a bit and give us any sort of chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

anyone got a good stream. need one pronto please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

RasTa wrote: »
    Webb has turned into an awful ref, he has displayed in countless times now on the European stage and sounds like he is doing so again today.

I don't think Webb is performing that bad. He's not having a great one, but not a poor one either

step overs 19

balls given away 6

balls blasted into the stand 2

nightmare is not the word

Indeed, Wish someone would tell him he dosnt need to flick every fecking pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hmmm. Guess the FA was serious about hitting the streams.

Every stream on Justin.tv is being pulled within a few minutes. Lame. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Happy enough. We shoulda have more goals to show for our dominance, but I can live with it.

Ronaldo pretty quiet, but he's drawing people off him giving Evra an awful lot of space to run into, which has been our main route for attack. Then again, most people would be happy to just knock him, but he's putting in a solid enough performance, just not outstanding. I won't complain if he plays this way till the end of the match.

Good goal for Rooney, he should score a couple now in the coming weeks.

Rafael doing well, silly booking and it cost could him later on, but he's doing well. Carrick is putting in an absolutely fantastic performance in midfield, fantastic, MOM by a country mile so far.

I must say, I've watched Ireland for a couple of games now this season, and he's been good, but today is the first time I've really been convinced that he is going to be at least a top 4 quality midfielder. They are getting completely dominated by everyone, United are just better than them all over the pitch, but yet he's come extremely close to scoring, and set up two fantastic chances with some great skill. He's playing well when the team around him are playing ****e, which is downright impressive.

what did ireland do wrong?

Kicked the ball away after the whistle had gone.

• Advertisement

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=24933&part=sports

the espn streams are decent if ye have sopcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

After the sitters that Rooney has missed in recent weeks, he had to get that one.

PHB wrote: »

I must say, I've watched Ireland for a couple of games now this season, and he's been good, but today is the first time I've really been convinced that he is going to be at least a top 4 quality midfielder. They are getting completely dominated by everyone, United are just better than them all over the pitch, but yet he's come extremely close to scoring, and set up two fantastic chances with some great skill. He's playing well when the team around him are playing ****e, which is downright impressive.

he had a fluff of a shot from outside the box

has made a number of passes that floated into VDS

given away free kicks when has tried to put in tackles, and very rarley got close enough to make one

are we watching the same game?

All about confidence with Wayne , I hope this spurs the lad on.

Kicked the ball away after the whistle had gone.

the card was for the foul?

apoligises i thought it was for the foul which wasnt that bad.

didn't see him kick the ball away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

very happy with the first half, But we've been here before, Need to kept in up for the full 90.

Rafael has had a good game so far ( that brainfart off throwing the ball i'll put down to age and lack off.)

Evra has been fantastic ,

Rooney goal celebration look like a man who has really really under pressure ie.that 100th (probably self inflicted pressure )

Think Ireland was just stupid to kick away the ball after seen rafael yellow:eek:

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    very happy with the first half, But we've been here before, Need to kept in up for the full 90.

Rafael has had a good game so far ( that brainfart off throwing the ball i'll put down to age and lack off.)

granted if he banged the ball on the ground and was moaning and groaning he threw the ball in the air at the spot of the kick as he ran back into position there was no real disent and webb should of used common sense

Here come Zab and Elano like I asked.

the card was for the foul?

I didn't thinkso. How are you sure?

While a willingness to change things is positive, I'm not sure taking off Hamman was the right decision. We'll see.

I didn't thinkso. How are you sure?

While a willingness to change things is positive, I'm not sure taking off Hamman was the right decision. We'll see.

post edited apoligies..

• Advertisement

I agree with PHB, Ireland has been decent, just a shame that his team mates are playing poorly.

Hughes needs to change things here. Haman needs to come off for Ben-Haim, that'll mean Kompany can move into midfield. Vassell needs to come off for Elano with SWP on the wing and Elano in midfield. Benjani is a disaster and needs to be hauled off for Jo.

I can't see City getting anything here. Totally outclassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

granted if he banged the ball on the ground and was moaning and groaning he threw the ball in the air at the spot of the kick as he ran back into position there was no real disent and webb should of used common sense

Totally agree should have never been a card,
    My point was more about having the experience to not give Webb the opportunity in the first place.

Much better now. We're actually getting some possession and look more balanced. Elano has made a huge difference already.

City showing signs of life - but needed a great intervention from Dunne there to stay in it.

citeh looking a lot more of a threat this half.

this is setup for ryan giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Why?

I dont think Benjani has played poorly myself, he's done the best that could be expected of him up there on his own.
    Maybe there was a few times he should have held the ball up and waited for support, but Vassell and Robinho have been fairly far behind him most times he gets the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

FFS Ronaldo....

Terrible attitude there from Ronaldo.

Huh? I'd keep things as pacey and athletic as possible tbh. Going to get more and more counter attack opportunities as the half goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol, Ronaldo has no friends

Dunphy would have a field day with Ronaldo.

Get Tevez on for him.

Cruijff wrote: »
    Terrible attitude there from Ronaldo.

He moaning again?

lol, Fletcher just got owned.

Hmmm, Elano gets the poorest set piece of the week award. And it ain't close.

Jesus christ, do people not have better things to do than watch every single thing Ronaldo does?

Made a foul, it was maybe a yellow, he argued, the ref gave it, he gave him some stick, they moved on. Theres a game on!

---

City are getting back into this, we need another goal I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mad skillz from elano there

poor from berbatov

Kompany and SWP have been superb for us.

Well, Xavi has been critical of Dunne recently - but he's been great today.

Robinho did a very clever thing trying to get Rafael sent off, very clever. Tried to kick the ball off him when he wasn't 10 yards away, to get him booked. But he missed :)

This is getting very very dodgy, Rafa , Fletch need to watch it or be replaced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement