Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh look what we found this morning ..

Options
  • 27-11-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

just in case the owner happens to look online

He was found at Clonsilla Train Station,
    he's about 2 or 3 years old

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

just in case the owner happens to look online

He was found at Clonsilla Train Station,
    he's about 2 or 3 years old

Well thats fantastic that you took him in, I'd suggest you make contact with Ashtown pound and see if there's been any enquiries.

Please if you can, don't put him into the pound as his time there will be limited to five days before being killed, and even if he's rescued its not a healthy place for a dog.

No pound is.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

nope .. don't worry would never bring a dog to the pound..

I have emailed dogs in distress, and will makes posters up today..

I hope we can find his owners or if not we will get him a new home..

My other two are not at all sure what to make of this much much bigger dog..

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

It can happen that the dog will get onto the dart and not get off for a number of stops. It stands no chance of finding its way home if this happens. If you are putting up posters ask in the dart station if they will put up one in every station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Baraboo wrote: »
    It can happen that the dog will get onto the dart and not get off for a number of stops. It stands no chance of finding its way home if this happens. If you are putting up posters ask in the dart station if they will put up one in every station.

Thats right, and if memory serves me right EGAR rescued a staffordshire Bull Terrier under similar circumstances at a train station in Galway about two years ago.

thats a really good idea Baraboo.. thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

The poor thing looks so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

It has a collar on, I dont understand why people dont spend the couple of € and pop a tag with a number on it?

Fair play for taking him in.

Gulp.. straight down to the pet shop for me and get my two a tag (they are micro chipped!)

Yea i hope he has not eaten them (i left him out the back garden, but my husband who left after me said he some how managed to get in the small dog flat .. he he i can't wait to see him do that)

Seems a happy dog..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I don't think he looks sad at all, looks like a typical bloody labrador "huff huff huff, look at me, I got losted, durrrr, who wants to play? Do you have a ball? hurr hurr hurr..."

When I was a kid growing up in Wicklow, back in the days where latch-key doggies was the norm, labradors had a reputation as wanderers. Like everyone let their dogs out all day, but whereas most of them stayed near their home and garden, labs would sod off down the high street to the beach. Does that rep still stand with them?

Great news, i think we have found the owner..

We had him out walking this morning, he is a lovely happy Very large dog.. but he did seem happy to wonder off till we called him. Anyway, we are meeting them tonight in a car park. Fingers crossed it the right people and they are nice owners (it would break my heart to have to give him back to someone horrible!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

When I was a kid growing up in Wicklow, back in the days where latch-key doggies was the norm, labradors had a reputation as wanderers. Like everyone let their dogs out all day, but whereas most of them stayed near their home and garden, labs would sod off down the high street to the beach. Does that rep still stand with them?

Yeah - I think so. My Father in law was late (according to the lab) going to the shops to get the paper. They can't find the dog - and are wondering where she went. Get a call from the guy who owns the shop saying 'Your dog is here to collect the paper, shall I give it to her?'

Advertisement