Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prince of Persia reviewed

• 27-11-2008 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Ign have a review of Prince of Persia for both 360 and Ps3. Video review is up on youtube too. Solid 9.3 overall.
    I personally can't wait for this game. Its meant to be a bit easy, but I love the visuals and the game play on this. Roll on next week or when ever its out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looking forward to this too, looks very nice. I saw a review on that sh1te show Playr, it did come across as seeming easy alright, they seemed to have dumbed down the controls a bit maybe? still a definite buy for me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Hate to burst your bubble but they give it a 5.3 here: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/904/904861.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

silvine wrote: »
    Hate to burst your bubble but they give it a 5.3 here: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/904/904861.html

What does "The Last Remnant" have to do with "Prince of Persia"? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

silvine wrote: »

Epic Fail! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Epic Fail! :)

QFT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer Silvine"

:D

Only joking man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

J-blk wrote: »
    What does "The Last Remnant" have to do with "Prince of Persia"? :confused:

lol can get both on the 360 maybe? lol

My bubble burst alright with laughter!!! :D

I think its easy because basically you can't fall or die. Coz that girl with you saves you all the time.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    I think its easy because basically you can't fall or die. Coz that girl with you saves you all the time.

You could rewind time and save your a** a bazillion times in the three previous ones though too, so can't see the idea they're using now to essentially "rewind" being that different - I enjoyed the last three ones (well, maybe not so much with "Warrior Within") so I'm really looking forward to this one :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

You could rewind time and save your a** a bazillion times in the three previous ones though too, so can't see the idea they're using now to essentially "rewind" being that different - I enjoyed the last three ones (well, maybe not so much with "Warrior Within") so I'm really looking forward to this one :).

The dialogue and voice acting for the Prince was dire... truly awful. The bits where he's talking to himself (good vs evil).... shudder.

solace wrote: »
    The dialogue and voice acting for the Prince was dire... truly awful.

Ah yes, I think I repressed that :). Though for the ultimate example of horrible voice acting, you should try the "Conan" demo - I don't even want to think what the full game may sound like...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was still a massive improvement on Arnies acting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Ooooh, the Time Crisis games are hilariously bad for voice acting. And the earlier Resident Evils.

Nothing beats House of the Dead 2. Nothing.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=WPpayQFqoAE

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

PoP is an auto buy, day 1, for me so I'll let you guys know all about it soon enough! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ordered this from play.com, to get the special edition. Really looking forward to it.

wes wrote: »
    Ordered this from play.com, to get the special edition. Really looking forward to it.

Any details on what the special unlock codes from Play.com will be? The missus will be getting me this for Christmas but won't let me play it until the 25th so I'm thinking of telling her to get it from Play, since I have to wait anyway...

Ah ok, didn't notice it was right there on the product page:

"Pre-Order Pack contents:
    Scratch card with unique code to unlock exclusive in-game skins for the Prince (Prince "Classic" skin) and Elika ("Farah" skin)
    High quality collector box set featuring varnish and metallic blue arabesque finish
    Exclusive 24-page Comic book unveiling the backstory of the Hunter, one of the key bosses of the game
    Bonus DVD including soundtrack, videos, e-goodies, widget and more!"

Might go for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Might go for it...

Its a great set and well worth it imo.

Ah yes, I think I repressed that :). Though for the ultimate example of horrible voice acting, you should try the "Conan" demo - I don't even want to think what the full game may sound like...

Its better than the voice acting in the Conan movies thats for sure! lol

Ah ok, didn't notice it was right there on the product page:

"Pre-Order Pack contents:
    Scratch card with unique code to unlock exclusive in-game skins for the Prince (Prince "Classic" skin) and Elika ("Farah" skin)
    High quality collector box set featuring varnish and metallic blue arabesque finish
    Exclusive 24-page Comic book unveiling the backstory of the Hunter, one of the key bosses of the game
    Bonus DVD including soundtrack, videos, e-goodies, widget and more!"

Might go for it...

And if you tie your gamertag to Ubisoft.com you'll get yer man from Assassin Creed Altar or what ever his name is SKIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Been following this game online for months, cant wait to get it :D

ROC1977 wrote: »
    And if you tie your gamertag to Ubisoft.com you'll get yer man from Assassin Creed Altar or what ever his name is SKIN.

Yep - I heard about the Altair skin - might be nice to play as him. Assasin's Creed had a cool character, but the game did not live up to the hype IMO. How do you tie your gamertag to the Ubisoft account? Just register an Ubisoft.com account with whatever your gamertag happens to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Yep - I heard about the Altair skin - might be nice to play as him. Assasin's Creed had a cool character, but the game did not live up to the hype IMO. How do you tie your gamertag to the Ubisoft account? Just register an Ubisoft.com account with whatever your gamertag happens to be?

Assassin's Creed sucked. Repetitive.

Might have to get PoP. I haven't played one since Warrior Within so I might be missing some of the story. Oh well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is a day 1 purchase for me too. Absolutly love the look of it.
    TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Might have to get PoP. I haven't played one since Warrior Within so I might be missing some of the story. Oh well.
    Nope. Its a another reboot, so none of the last trilogy matters at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Kiith wrote: »
    Nope. Its a another reboot, so none of the last trilogy matters at all.

Oh cool! Hopefully it delivers then! Looking forward to playing PoP. Loved Sands of Time. :)

Ya I think you just give the same details on the Ubisoft website as you gamertag account. And when you get the game reg that as well. Not sure though.

Fair enough. Went ahead and did that - pre-ordered from Play.com as well. It's going to be hard not getting to play it until Christmas, but really looking forward to it. I hope it lives up to my expectations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It was still a massive improvement on Arnies acting :)

Brilliantly the voice acting in the conan game was by Ron Perlman of Hellboy.
    Sounded like Hellboys posher more effeminate cousin.

I got PoP today. Managed to get a couple of hours gameplay before work. Visually amazing, sound it also top. Voice acting isn't bad at all really. Just the Prince is a bit of a smart arse. The game moves great to, and even though you can't die, its still challenging enough trying to reach all the orbs. (bit like Crackdown in a way).
    For all the old prince of persia fans it is different but very similar at the same time. Unlike Assassin creed where you can climb up everything like spiderman, you need to look for ledges etc to grap and you need to use the girl to help you jump long gaps and to fight enemies.
    As for the combat, its timing based, not for the button mashers out there. A like the way you fight in Assassins creed but more spectacular, and plenty of variation. X button is sword attack, B button is claw attack which launches the enemy into the air for juggling combos, Y button brings the girls magic into play (can't remember her name, she doesn't tell you who she is for a bit), and the A button is acrobatic attack, where you can flip over the enemies head to start a combo. All the moves can be put together to make some breathtaking string attacks. Oh and then you have right trigger to block and can time it to counter. Then then there are the quick time events as well.

Some of the animations are just excellent, the way you help each other is straight out cool.
    From what I've played of the game so far, its great and if it continues like that for how ever long the game lasts I'll be happy. I love all the PoP games and this ones no different.
    Roll on 3am and I go home from work and play a bit more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

where did you buy the game?? i thought it wasn't out until 5th this week.

Advertisement