Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recovering pics from a faulty memory card

Options
  • 27-11-2008 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

hi, i've a 4gb sony pro duo memory card... i've a load of pics of taken, that i can see on the camera... but when i put the card in a usb card reader in a pc, there's no sign of them.

any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Try to find a way to connect the camera to the computer and transfer you pics over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Is it a fake card? Take kleefarr's advice and try plugging it in from the camera or a PSP if you have one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Good call on the PSP. I forgot about that. Should know someone with one if he/she doesn't have one. ;)

Also you can check if the card is real or fake on a PSP! Highlight the card, press button and select 'information'
    If it says 'Magicgate: supported' its real and if it says 'Magicgate: Unknown ' Its fake.
    It does sound like a fake card though, did you buy it from a legit source?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭bacon?

thanks for the replys... got it off ebay.. so, yes, could be a fake.

i´ve no leads at the mo, wont be home til april... traveling.

i´ll give it a go when i get back

• Advertisement

did you get to check it?

Advertisement