Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo-HD Remix

• 27-11-2008 1:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think it's fair to say that most people here have played Street Fighter II at some point in their lives. After a long wait, SSFIITHD was released on the XBox marketplace yesterday.

I have to say that the game is truely incredible. I know peopl have some problems with the XBox controller, but I don't think it's bad at all...in fact I prefer it to the PS3 controller.

Played about 60 games last night and here are some stats for people who may not have played SF in some time, or are looking to start playing. I would consider myself a better-than-average player.

From 60 games
    -Only 3 had a problem with lag. I was the host and my connection is archaeic, so 57 lag-free games is incredible!

-Only one player quit on me.

-From what I saw, there are lots of people starting to play the game, or havent played in a while. So if you are afraid that you are going to get completely hockeyed by masters of the game, then you do not need to worry. I think I played about 4 truely excellent players last night.

So I'd definately recommend this game to anyone. I'd love to see a Boards night where we can all get together and have a laugh. I'm just has happy to play against a new player for some sparring/training as I am playing competatively. So if you are interested, please post here!

Feel free to add me regardless of skill level.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That's good to hear.
    Was debating whether to get it on Live or PSN.
    I prefer the xbox controller but the hassle with DRM when you change hard drives is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I also picked it up. Think it's fantastic. That said I couldn't get a single ranked match going!! Which was a shame.

But overall it's a brilliant package, in terms of sound, hd graphics and rock solid gameplay!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I also picked it up. Think it's fantastic. That said I couldn't get a single ranked match going!! Which was a shame.

But overall it's a brilliant package, in terms of sound, hd graphics and rock solid gameplay!!

I had the same problem with ranked matches...couldn't find anyone. However, when I created my own match, I noticed you get a game in 10-15 seconds. So always use the "create match" option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I created a few matches last night. Win or lose didn't update my stats.

Ya its grand alright, thought it would have been a little better. Still good for a blast. New sound track is cool.

Need an arcade stick to play any fighter to its full potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I have the original SFII they released, whats the difference?

• Advertisement

Street Fighter II was the first sequel. SSF2THD is the 6th version of the game. It's faster, has more characters, has stunning graphics and a more stable online mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

This game is AMAZING. Everyone needs to buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'll be picking this up this evening but I haven't played in years so I'm gonna be rusty. Are all the moves the same as the original?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

mika27 wrote: »
    I'll be picking this up this evening but I haven't played in years so I'm gonna be rusty. Are all the moves the same as the original?

It is exactly the original with the graphics we've always craved. Fcuk Cammy, T-Hawk, Fei Long and Dee-Jay though. They'll never be part of the SFII family for me! T-Hawk is way to hard to beat on Arcade mode too.

forbesii wrote: »
    It is exactly the original with the graphics we've always craved. Fcuk Cammy, T-Hawk, Fei Long and Dee-Jay though. They'll never be part of the SFII family for me! T-Hawk is way to hard to beat on Arcade mode too.

Oh yeah, I remember hating T-Hawk as well, he's got that annoying jumping punch.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I remember hating T-Hawk as well, he's got that annoying jumping punch.

I just noticed your gamer tag. I was in the same game of COD: WaW as you there one day. Just thought I'd tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

It's rebalanced, changed the properties and inputs of some moves plus added some new moves to certain chars.

Oh and, Fcuk you, Cammy is good. Don't diss her. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

TheWitch06 wrote: »

I agree, Cammy's great. By far the best of the New Challengers, her win pose is great...

The game is really excellent, I'm not too good at it though. Oh and you can play with the original character sprites. They look a bit off against the fancy new backgrounds though!

I just noticed your gamer tag. I was in the same game of COD: WaW as you there one day. Just thought I'd tell you!

Man that's a coincidence cos I only played about 3 or 4 games!

Had a few games of SSF2 there, I'm absolutely useless! Can't even beat the computer! Hate the d-pad, very hit and miss when trying to do moves. But I still think i'd be useless with an arcade stick :(

Man that's a coincidence cos I only played about 3 or 4 games!

Had a few games of SSF2 there, I'm absolutely useless! Can't even beat the computer! Hate the d-pad, very hit and miss when trying to do moves. But I still think i'd be useless with an arcade stick :(

Yeah its a pain but you should get used to it.

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    It's rebalanced, changed the properties and inputs of some moves plus added some new moves to certain chars.

Well I hate all the new challengers.

Oh.....and fcuk you too.

why did they mess with the graphics!! why!!! Not saying the graphics are bad, but they shouldn't have mess with the look of the game. Ryu looks weird on the character select screen, most of them do. Why not just res up the original models and give them a new animations. Music is good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd advise anyone planning on playing on a 360 joypad not to do so, even if that means not buying the game. It's unplayable with the joypad.

I'd advise anyone planning on playing on a 360 joypad not to do so, even if that means not buying the game. It's unplayable with the joypad.

I honestly don't understand why people hate the d-pad...sure, it's no SNES pad, but I don't have problems pulling off any move (with the exception of the charge characters supers). It takes a little getiing used to but, its a million miles away from being unplayable. IMO.

I have the total opposite opinion...I love the graphics, but I wish they hadn't messed with the music so much. Having said that, some of the level tunes are incredible (Ken, Fei Long in particular).

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand why people hate the d-pad...sure, it's no SNES pad, but I don't have problems pulling off any move (with the exception of the charge characters supers). It takes a little getiing used to but, its a million miles away from being unplayable. IMO.

Can't agree more. Ya its no snes but its very playable. Just needs getting used to.
    Doesn't anyone remember the amount of complaining that was about when SF2 came out on the snes. Same old story back then the SNES pad was nothing compared a six button stick. We all complained about the use of the shoulder buttons and the d pad. But after 14 hour a day seasons on the SNES we soon learnt how to pull off all the moves.

Its called practice.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Can't agree more. Ya its no snes but its very playable. Just needs getting used to.
    Doesn't anyone remember the amount of complaining that was about when SF2 came out on the snes. Same old story back then the SNES pad was nothing compared a six button stick. We all complained about the use of the shoulder buttons and the d pad. But after 14 hour a day seasons on the SNES we soon learnt how to pull off all the moves.

Its called practice.

Maybe you're right but it's a generally accepted fact that the xbox d-pad is rubbish, that's why they made a better one especially for pro evo (why it was only a limited edition I don't know). The snes dpad was much better, I never had any problem with it when I had SF2.

I would advise anyone thinking of getting the game to try it first cos the d-pad definitely ruined it for me. Would it really be that hard for MS to make a proper joypad or are they just trying to sell more arcade sticks??

Maybe you're right but it's a generally accepted fact that the xbox d-pad is rubbish, that's why they made a better one especially for pro evo (why it was only a limited edition I don't know). The snes dpad was much better, I never had any problem with it when I had SF2.

I would advise anyone thinking of getting the game to try it first cos the d-pad definitely ruined it for me. Would it really be that hard for MS to make a proper joypad or are they just trying to sell more arcade sticks??

You want a few games later? i'll probably be on after 10 pm?

If I get all my fifa games in then yeah. I know i'll lose but maybe you can give me some tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'll give you a few games, i think i added you

Ramjaxed if not

If I get all my fifa games in then yeah. I know i'll lose but maybe you can give me some tips?

No problem, sure I'll invite you to a game and put the timer on infinate and we can so some training...we can have a chat over the mics.

ntlbell wrote: »
    I'll give you a few games, i think i added you

Ramjaxed if not

Great! Yep, accepted it last night I think. I'll be on around 10ish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Have to get more points before getting this, cant see how people are complaining about doing the moves :D

I am playing it on the laptop with the keyboard (playing arcade version) and can do most of the specail moves

its very easy to pull of moves on a keyboard. I play SF all the time myself at work on mame!

For those of you who don't know you can use the analog sticks in SF2HD on the 360, if you don't like the pad. But that takes a bit of getting used to too!

• Advertisement

Have to get more points before getting this, cant see how people are complaining about doing the moves :D

I am playing it on the laptop with the keyboard (playing arcade version) and can do most of the specail moves

I would love to use a keyboard on the xbox instead of the d-pad

Advertisement