Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forward issue

Options
  • 27-11-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I currently have a BT Voyager 210 ethernet modem hooked up to a Netgear wireless N router. I want to port forward for various applications including remote access to uTorrent and VNC. The IP of my computer is 10.0.0.8, the IP of my modem is 192.168.1.1.

When I go into port forward in the modem it'll only open if I point it towards the wireless router 192.169.1.2. But I'm curious as to how I can get it to point at my computer through the netgear wireless router? The port is open but i can't get remote access to work!

Is there a way of getting my modem to assign the ip addresses to computers on the network instead of the Netgear router??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

requiem1 wrote: »
    I currently have a BT Voyager 210 ethernet modem hooked up to a Netgear wireless N router. I want to port forward for various applications including remote access to uTorrent and VNC. The IP of my computer is 10.0.0.8, the IP of my modem is 192.168.1.1.

When I go into port forward in the modem it'll only open if I point it towards the wireless router 192.169.1.2. But I'm curious as to how I can get it to point at my computer through the netgear wireless router? The port is open but i can't get remote access to work!

Is there a way of getting my modem to assign the ip addresses to computers on the network instead of the Netgear router??

I don't port forward but I do use my netgear modem/router for the routing function and my wireless router just for the wireless. Make sure bridging is turned off in the BT and turn off dhcp in the Netgear and see if that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

i'll give that a go and post back thanks dub

Advertisement