Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying for full licence?....

Options
  • 27-11-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Now that I have passed (still cant believe it! :rolleyes:) I want to get my licence as soon as possible. I went to the Garda station yesterday but they were all out of the forms. :(

I’m hoping to pop into another station this evening to get a form but I’m not sure what else I will need. I got passport photos and have the certificate of Competency. Does anyone know what the fee is, and what form it needs to take- ie do I need to get a Bank draft or anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

You can get the forms at the city hall or where ever you pay your car tax.
    You will need to bring the certificate of competency, two passport photographs signed on the back and your old prov license. The fee for a ten year licence is 28 yoyos IIRC, they had mine out to me in less than a week. In the mean time they give you a recipt stamped with the date stating that the license is in the post, in case you meet a checkpoint or anything like that. Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Kablam wrote: »
    You can get the forms at the city hall or where ever you pay your car tax.

Is this the motor tax office smithfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

DRice wrote: »
    Is this the motor tax office smithfield?

I'd say they have them alright

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your local library should also have the forms - this would let you fill them out before queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi All,

I actually ended up getting the form in a garda station and posting all the nessesaries off to the Motor Tax Office in Ballymum, however it was actually issues by clondalkin office.

Its so pretty and pink! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Congratulations!

Advertisement