Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Text and Tests 1 and 2

Options
  • 27-11-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Does anyone have these books in the Galway area? The condition doesn't matter. My daughter is learning through Irish but is struggling so it would be handy to have it in English so I can help her a bit. My Irish is, to my shame, attrocious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Hi there. Does anyone have these books in the Galway area? The condition doesn't matter. My daughter is learning through Irish but is struggling so it would be handy to have it in English so I can help her a bit. My Irish is, to my shame, attrocious.
    But it's not your fault, blame the government for everything. Especially that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AvrilLavigne

ABC Bookstore on the tuam road, next to subway and calbro motor parts or in the eyre square shopping centre on the ground floor, under the corbetts court entrance.

ABC Bookshop
    Calbro House
    Tuam Road
    Galway City
    Co.Galway
    Ireland
    Phone: +353 (0)91 771811
    Fax: +353 (0)91 771849
    Email: calbro@abcbooks.ie

ABC Bookshop
    Corbettcourt Shopping Centre.
    Williamsgate St
    Galway City
    Co.Galway
    Ireland
    Phone: +353 (0)91 561950
    Fax: +353 (0)91 569289
    Email: corbettcourt@abcbooks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

ABC Bookstore on the tuam road, next to subway and calbro motor parts or in the eyre square shopping centre on the ground floor, under the corbetts court entrance.
    I was hoping that someone might have an old copy knocking around actually. I've already gone through the heart attack inducing experience of buying new school books this year. :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm not sure at this time of year galwaybabe.

There is a second hand book shop at the very bottom of Lower Abbeygate street. There's also Bell, Book and Candle beside the Crane (not sure if they do textbooks).

Have you tried eBay.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

You could ask on Galway freecycle

http://www.freecycle.org/group/IE/Ireland/Galway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I have a copy of Téacs & Trialacha 2..

I know you are trying to help but she'll have to learn the Irish maths terms and the actual maths if she has any hope of passing an exam

I fully agree with you but unfortunately I don't have enough Irish to understand the questions she's stuck on. I have spoken to her teacher who supports my idea of getting the book in English in order for me to help her. It would be a copy for me rather than her if you know what I mean.

E8 on that site i mentioned.

Thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I fully agree with you but unfortunately I don't have enough Irish to understand the questions she's stuck on. I have spoken to her teacher who supports my idea of getting the book in English in order for me to help her. It would be a copy for me rather than her if you know what I mean.

Your daughter is struggling ... so what is the teacher (ie professional being paid to cause your daughter to learn) going to do about it? If the teacher wants you do do her job for you, surely it's up to her to at least provide you with the resources to do so???

JustMary wrote: »
    Your daughter is struggling ... so what is the teacher (ie professional being paid to cause your daughter to learn) going to do about it? If the teacher wants you do do her job for you, surely it's up to her to at least provide you with the resources to do so???
    Fair point if there was the funds for teachers to do this. Unfortunately in a class of 30 kids there will always be some who struggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pinkshoes

I might them at home. Heading home the weekend, will have a look. If I do have them they're yours.

Pinkshoes wrote: »
    I might them at home. Heading home the weekend, will have a look. If I do have them they're yours.
    Thanks a million. Much appreciated.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

I was hoping that someone might have an old copy knocking around actually. I've already gone through the heart attack inducing experience of buying new school books this year. :eek:

what version? what age would these be for pretty sure i used themonce and prob knocking around, would be around 15 yrs old though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I think I have one of them somewhere... it's probably a bit out of date. I'll have a look for ya tomorrow

grasshopa wrote: »
    I think I have one of them somewhere... it's probably a bit out of date. I'll have a look for ya tomorrow
    Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

i have them gathering dust in my attic.you're more than welcome to them

cheekay wrote: »
    i have them gathering dust in my attic.you're more than welcome to them
    nIce one. I've p-m-ed you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pinkshoes

Sorry, my mother gave away all of our school books in September.
    Sorry again, hope u mange to get ur hands on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement