Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uefa cup today

Options
  • 27-11-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

just thought i'd mention a few good looking sides playing tonite:

A/C milan are 5/4 V portsmouth

St etienne are 11/4 ( probably because of home league form which isn't the best ) but after winning both their uefa games comfortably and now they face club brugge who only managed a nil all draw against rosenborg ( previously beaten 3-0 by etienne. a bit dodge but can't argue their uefa form.

and finally standard liege are 7/4 2nd in uefa table against Partizan Belgrade who have lost their first two matches against the lower placed teams on the table.

i've gone for galatasary as well but thought the top three looked like good bets
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Milan won't beat Pompey imo. The atmosphere at Fratton Park will cause one of those 'great European nights' where the giant of world football comes unstuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I went with a Moscow - Galatasary double for just over evens. Both are at home so it seemed like a good deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Milan won't beat Pompey imo. The atmosphere at Fratton Park will cause one of those 'great European nights' where the giant of world football comes unstuck.

eeh.. ok maybe that will happen..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

rgiller wrote: »
    I went with a Moscow - Galatasary double for just over evens. Both are at home so it seemed like a good deal...

these plus spurs, have doubles and a treble

d-gal wrote: »
    these plus spurs, have doubles and a treble

i knew i was forgettin someone.. ah well bets on now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

tonight i'm going with:

ac milan
    standard liege
    cska v lech over 2.5
    nec v spurs both teams to score 4/5 boyles

and:
    ireland to score anytime 4/1

bent to score anytime 11/8
    (depending on team sheets)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

brugge 5/6
    CSKA 4/11
    galatasary 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Club Bruge v St. Etienne Home win @ 1.88

Really fancy Club Brugge for the win in this game. Belgian soccer is on the up with Standard Liege putting in some great performances in europe this season. Club Brugge are top of the belgian league at present with 1 defeat in 13 games. They have played 6 games at home with 4 wins and 2 draws . They have W.Sonck as their star player who is cracking in the goals for club and country on a regular basis. Also Club Brugge have scored at least 1 goal in their last 16 home games in the UEFA cup. Club Brugge started their UEFA cup campaign with a creditable 0-0 draw away to Rosenborg. (a difficult place to play at this time of year).

St.Etienne are at languishing at the bottom of their domestic league but have done really well in the UEFA cup so far with 2 wins(3-0 at home to Rosenborg and 3-1 away to Fc Copenhagen) which has all but qualified them to the last 32 of this competition. They have lost their last 6 league games and have a new manager in Alain Perrin. They also have serious injury problems ahead of the game tonight with virtually all their backline out as well as their no 1 goalkeeper.their influential midfielder and captain Luc Perrin is due back tonight but may have to play at center-back because of all the injuries. Perrin has admitted that their domestic league form is their priority now and that this weeks game at AS Nancy is very important and they must get some sort of result from that match. With all that i expect St Etienne to be seriously understrength for tonights game and even if they were at full strength i would fancy Club Brugge so allowing for a everything i think Club Brugge are a 5 star bet for tonight

Just check out the bold if ya can't be arsed readin! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Xavi6 wrote: »

laid pompey myself, only worry is milan dont NEED the win. With defoe and others out, i think we'll see a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

just thought i'd mention a few good looking sides playing tonite:

A/C milan are 5/4 V portsmouth

St etienne are 11/4 ( probably because of home league form which isn't the best ) but after winning both their uefa games comfortably and now they face club brugge who only managed a nil all draw against rosenborg ( previously beaten 3-0 by etienne. a bit dodge but can't argue their uefa form.

and finally standard liege are 7/4 2nd in uefa table against Partizan Belgrade who have lost their first two matches against the lower placed teams on the table.

i've gone for galatasary as well but thought the top three looked like good bets
    Stuck €20 on Ajax, Portsmouth and Valencia t win.. €479 return if it comes up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

lottodrink wrote: »
    Stuck €20 on Ajax, Portsmouth and Valencia t win.. €479 return if it comes up!

So how much are u cheering on Ajax?

I will cheer for you :pac::D

Finger nail biting time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eeh.. ok maybe that will happen..:confused:

Only maybe?! ;)

yeah this is me eating my words :eek:

Nasty.. 92nd minute

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

semibluff wrote: »
    laid pompey myself, only worry is milan dont NEED the win. With defoe and others out, i think we'll see a draw.

Ya Jammy GIT :P

Opr

Heartbreak, the cruel cruel world of accumulators!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Heartbreak, the cruel cruel world of accumulators!

Hows that snow looking for the weekend ?

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Hows that snow looking for the weekend ?

Opr

Don't know mate, it's gonna be oh so cold but snow becoming more likely as we move towards Sunday. Doesn't seem to be enough precipitation around Friday night and Saturday for more than a flurry or 2.

But could be sheds of snow late Sunday/Monday/Tuesday

Keep up to date in the weather forum!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Had a bit of a flutter today:

Ireland @ 5/1 to score anytime.
    Portsmouth-Milan Over 2.5 goals.
    Portsmouth laid against Milan.

Forget the odds for the last 2, but more than doubled up, so kept me happy enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

So how much are u cheering on Ajax?
    I didnt even check the score of Ajax or Valencia.. Do you know what the results where?? Portsmouth where unlucky:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

opr wrote: »
    Ya Jammy GIT :P

Opr

never in doubt! :eek: :eek:

I was playing the Fitz EOM game and was obviously tilting as the game looked over - had to use my get out of jail card!

Advertisement