Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording games with Fraps, MIC issues:

Options
  • 27-11-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

I didnt really know where to put this but anyways:

Long story short, trying to record games online with my mates with fraps. This game being left 4 dead btw. Problem is when I go to use the mic in-game, while recording, they can't hear me.

Anyone know anyway around this? I'm using XP. When I did this on my laptop that had vista, it worked fine, but for some reason it wont on my PC. & only really my PC can record well due to its specs and its free space.

Trying to get some of the great moments playing L4D with my mates recorded but I can't get anything if we can't play right due to people not being able to hear each other :(

Help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kbot

Nice name.

I've been trying to FRAPS too and been doing it without a mic because of the same problem.

One of the potential problems is that because you are recording in-game audio, it drowns out the noise of your mic, or the audio is going through your mic and is what they are hearing.

If that's your only problem then a suggestion is to lower your system and wave volume to half and boost your microphone gain from your sound card options. Play around with your mixer to see if you can maximize your mic and minimize your gameplay. "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" could potentially be the setting that is drowning out your mic.

BTW, not to hijack your thread, but how is the audio quality for your FRAPSed videos? Can't get my audio to pristine quality.

Sorry I can't help more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Nice 1st post :D

Yeah I've already tried what you said there when messing around with my setting and have another computer in my room, join the same server as me. Seems to work but causes a bit of feedback.

One thing I'm gonna try is use my sound card for one option, and my mobos sound card for the mic and see if that'll work.

The sound quality of my fraps vids is perfect btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kbot

How's the fix going? Would like to know how you solve it because I've been setting aside my mic so that I can FRAPS.

I fixed my audio quality by installing new drivers... lesson learned. Stick with the basics first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Can you mute the in game sound and have your MIC up full blast?
    Does it work in an offline game?

I used to use Fraps for recording Counter strike source vids and had no issues like that.

Is there any Frap setting for in game MICs?

RTFM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

From the Fraps website
    =========================================================
    Selecting "Record Sound" will save the game audio along with the video. You can disable this option if you are planning to add your own sound to the video.

When you select "Detect best sound input" Fraps will determine the best input to record the game sound on. If you choose "Use Windows input" the default Windows recording input will be used. The Windows input may not capture all of the game sounds, so you should generally let Fraps detect the input unless you want to capture sound from an external source.
    =========================================================

http://www.fraps.com/faq.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement