Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber needed

Options
  • 27-11-2008 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I am living in a two bed mid terrace house in the park and have a water mark coming through the ceiling in my front bedroom. I had a look up in the attic but can't see where the water is coming coming from. There is a vent above that part of the ceiling but I can't see any water getting in. Has anyone else had the same problem?

I presume it's a plumber I should get in to have a look at it? Does anyone know of any in the area? I can't see any contact details in the 'handy numbers' thread.

Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The plumber that was in the handy numbers thread was removed as he doesn't cover the area any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

If it's a plumbing leak its probably more likely to be a constant drip. Would it be rain water coming in from outside. I had a leak that drove me mad for years, it only occurred during very heavy rain combined with strong winds. Water travels longish distances along joists, insulation etc. Where they appear in the house can be quite a distance away from it's source.
    Does it get worse after a spel of bad weather?

Advertisement