Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened up on keanes road??

• 27-11-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

anyone know what happened in keanes road earlier, was there a bad crash?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

myself and heathen took a walk over to see what was going on during lunch there,

The roads approaching the roundabout where closed a good bit back from it. There was an artic open back lorry on the road on the roundabout but no signs of a crash or any damaged cars, the fire service where on site and looks like they washed some of the road down and the Garda where taking pictures of the scence...
    couldn't tell what had happened....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Taken from breakingnews.ie

An elderly woman has been hit by a truck in Waterford.

The pedestrian was knocked down at the junction of Keane's Road and Upper Yellow Road just before midday.

Her condition is not yet known.

All approaches to the area will be closed until 6pm this evening and diversions are in place.

Hopefully the lady who was knocked down is ok and in a stable condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Someone killed on the road, A woman pedestrian I believe.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

Strange that she was taken away by the undertaker and not the ambulance she also died at the scene

• Advertisement

Strange that she was taken away by the undertaker and not the ambulance she also died at the scene

How do you know that was the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

She was walking home from mass. Poor woman :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sad to hear. RIP. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Have to say an accident was bound to happen there sooner or later.

The traffic around that roundabout is ridiculous and trucks especially drive through there at speed heading for the industrial estate.

I've seen them drive over the roundabout and even up on the footpath.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    How do you know that was the case?

Because she was taken away by an undertaker if she was alive i doubt johnny thompson would be bringing her to the hospital

• Advertisement

Because she was taken away by an undertaker if she was alive i doubt johnny thompson would be bringing her to the hospital

Yeah, I gathered that, but I was asking, how did you know that the undertakers took her body away and not the Ambulance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

shockwave wrote: »
    Have to say an accident was bound to happen there sooner or later.

The traffic around that roundabout is ridiculous and trucks especially drive through there at speed heading for the industrial estate.

I've seen them drive over the roundabout and even up on the footpath.

have to agree with ya on that one - it can be a very dangerous roundabout, the cars approaching can drive through there at speed, they dont need to slow down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The very fact that she was taken away by the undertaker would lead me to believe that the impact must have been slight (if any at all). It wouldn't take an awful lot to cause harm to a lady of that age...

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yeah, I gathered that, but I was asking, how did you know that the undertakers took her body away and not the Ambulance

I work close by and walked to the corner shop for lunch and seen it,not the accident just the aftermath

I work close by and walked to the corner shop for lunch and seen it,not the accident just the aftermath

It did seem strange ok especially as the poor woman had to be taken outto WRH for a postmortem to be carried out.

Advertisement