Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crooked glasses

• 27-11-2008 3:33pm

I just picked up a new pair of glasses from Specsavers this morning and now that I have had a chance to get used to them I notice they are a little slanted to the left.

Should I go back to Specsavers? Or is it just the shape of my face and nothing can be done? My old pair (which I went to a private opticians for) were perfect.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Go back with them and get them fitted properly.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Go back with them and get them fitted properly.

Hmm that's what I was thinking. Hate to cause a fuss though. Thanks Moonbeam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

its not a fuzz at all, ive been in optics three years, and really they shouldve fitted them properly on you, so go back, all these staff costs and fitting costs are all factored into your glasses price so you've paid for the service, use it:)

I went back with them, got them adjusted and they're not crooked anymore but (it's hard to describe) one side seems to be across my face more than the other....don't know if I should go back again. I think if I get the new problem fixed they'll be crooked again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I went back with them, got them adjusted and they're not crooked anymore but (it's hard to describe) one side seems to be across my face more than the other....don't know if I should go back again. I think if I get the new problem fixed they'll be crooked again.

Go back and get them fixed properly! Cause a fuss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

everyone has one eye and eyebrow higher than the other so not many people have perfectly fitting glasses.
    also one ear is higher than the other.
    so getting glasses to sit perfectly straight is almost impossible, esp if theyr plastic.

op are they a plastic or metal frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Go back again. You paid money for them and they're obliged to sell you a product that's suitable for use. If they're crooked, that's not the case.

Straightening glasses isn't a big deal. I know when my optician fits them for me, they stick them into some sort of machine to straighten them or whatever. Even plastic ones see to be straightenable (if that's a word...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Firetrap wrote: »
    Go back again. You paid money for them and they're obliged to sell you a product that's suitable for use. If they're crooked, that's not the case.

Straightening glasses isn't a big deal. I know when my optician fits them for me, they stick them into some sort of machine to straighten them or whatever. Even plastic ones see to be straightenable (if that's a word...)

Machine?? It's good old fashioned elbow grease man, or at least where I work anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Maybe they're codding me :)

Anyways, the OP should go back again. It's in Specsavers interests to keep you happy or you won't be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

go back and if your not happy pick another frame out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement