Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool to Ballincollig

Options
  • 27-11-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hey All,

Any ideas how to get to Ballincollig from Blackpool (not far from the shopping center)?

And around how long it would take?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Time of day, mode of transport?

Depending on what part of Ballicollig I'd probably go all the way around the north ring road, through the tunnel, around the south ring and out the ballicollig bypass. Might be quicker to go down by Sunday's Well and out the straight road.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I'd head from Blackpool to Churchfield along to Knocknaheeny and down by Apple, out towards Kerry Pike, take a left down onto the Lee Road, right towards Angers Rest and onto Ballincollig from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

Why not take the main limerick road, turn off at blarney, hang a left to head back into cork city on the back road.
    At the end of that road, top of the ridge (where the church is, sorry, don't know the name of the area), Go right.
    Take a left to go past currkipawn(sic) cemetary, and right at the bottom of the hill. You come down to the lee road. From there, go right.
    Go left to go past the anglers rest and into ballincolig for that end.
    Go right to come at ballincollig from the other end of the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

kcb wrote: »
    I'd head from Blackpool to Churchfield along to Knocknaheeny and down by Apple, out towards Kerry Pike, take a left down onto the Lee Road, right towards Angers Rest and onto Ballincollig from there.

Yeh, tis a shortcut but that road down the hill is the road of death, you feel like evil keneval sometimes playing chicken with a John A Woods lorry ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 newkid

Go out to Blarney, Then out to tower once you get to the bottom of the hill, were the Church is you can either go left or right.

If your going near the shopping centre i'd go right, you drive up the road about a mile then you take the left turning (its all signed posted) then drive about 2miles and again go left then go right when you come to the petrol station. be careful now as the bridge your coming to is very narrow!!!!!! follow the road to the roundabout. You are now in Ballincollig. shopping centre is only two a min away from the round about.

It should take only 15mins

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what number bus do you get to go from the city center to blackpool?I want to go to maplins.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

By bus take the number 3 or 5A to town and the 232 from the bus station to Ballincollig. It will take ages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

maybe he wants to go to blackpool england- if you catch a ferry to fleetwood and drive to blackpool no maplins but we have a pontins

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

kcb wrote: »

Easily the shortest and least congested route suggested, and for the faint of heart you can take the second turn left to get down to the lee road, avoiding the very narrow downhill by currykippane (spelling?) graveyard...still brings you out on the same spot on the lee road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

Sorry should have mentionned - It would be around regular work time hours.

By bus first and then hopefully by bike....

Advertisement