Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nightclub in limerick ?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey Guys,

Just wondering does anyone know about this new nightclub Scarlets in limerick ?? Heard it on spin and saw the ad in the post today just wondering has anyone been there yet ? I work in a small office and were not having a big xmas party and think here maybe a good spot ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Is that the one that used to be the Bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whataboutya

i thin its over the bank im going to give them a ring after 5 and see what they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

rebranding that place AGAIN????

liked it when it was the greenroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

it was better when it was just a bank, alot cheaper and you felt better in the morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is it just a new name or have they redesigned it?? Because if they havent....then its the same place everytime.
    I do like the rooftop smoking area even though i dont smoke

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Is the origninal night club big? I've never been in it. never even knew there was a club above the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I can't believe they are opening this place again.
    I liked it last time round even though there were only about 10 of us in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 raspberryroad

Was in there friday night one word CLASS. very different from the greenhouse days all remoddled and has alot of red and brown loads of furniture id say it would hold about 350 or so saying that they had about 200 in on friday. didnt recognise any of the staff from around the town, heard through the grapevine that its a girl from miami that bought it and did it up and stuff very different to anywhere in town , only prob its in a ****ty area for parking and the like but its worth a gawk .. added them on bebo monday and it says that if offically launching 5th dec must try and rangle an invite :D

TheLoc wrote: »
    Is the origninal night club big? I've never been in it. never even knew there was a club above the bank.

Yeah fairly big, have been at a few partys there! Wonder if this new one will be different or the same as its always been, regardless of what you have said RR

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Will anybody really bother venturing that far up O'Connell to go to a night club?

Judging by the success of the previous owners I would say no. You never know it could become a temperary hangout for the Limerick Post's afterdark posers.

• Advertisement

I have just rang the club and spoke to the manager, She has said that it is a strictly over 25`s club, they have a very strict music policy no dance music and they do table service at no extra cost ,she said that it has been renovated to a very high standard and its based around old style new york supper club ( dont know what that is though) and a boudoir... she told me i can come up and view it whenever i like , she said its set price of 10euro both fridays and saturdays , she offered to email me the wine ,beer and liquor list & they also do a steak up until 1.00am......... its nothing to do with the bank and they have a side entrance

think this maybe just what were looking for and if the staff are as nice as she was and the place is as nice as she said could be very good for the city .
    ill let you all know if we decide to go and what its like.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Will anybody really bother venturing that far up O'Connell to go to a night club?

Judging by the success of the previous owners I would say no. You never know it could become a temperary hangout for the Limerick Post's afterdark posers.
    This is a fact bazz. the only way its going to attract loads of people is if it's actually unbelievably class. not like teds or whatever its called now. publicity stunt.

I have just rang the club and spoke to the manager, She has said that it is a strictly over 25`s club, they have a very strict music policy no dance music and they do table service at no extra cost ,she said that it has been renovated to a very high standard and its based around old style new york supper club ( dont know what that is though) and a boudoir... she told me i can come up and view it whenever i like , she said its set price of 10euro both fridays and saturdays , she offered to email me the wine ,beer and liquor list & they also do a steak up until 1.00am......... its nothing to do with the bank and they have a side entrance

think this maybe just what were looking for and if the staff are as nice as she was and the place is as nice as she said could be very good for the city .
    That does sound good

Thats great, must be worth trying out! Although they will probably be looking for the bentley barkers crowd....we were heading in there one night and they said not tonight, the reason they gave....yer a bit young :D

Im actually a bit excited about it ( this is what my life has amounted to :D) was beginning to feel very old going out on a saturday night hopefully this will provide the late 20`s and early 30`s somewhere to go and avoid the usual cattle marts..

Im actually a bit excited about it ( this is what my life has amounted to :D) was beginning to feel very old going out on a saturday night hopefully this will provide the late 20`s and early 30`s somewhere to go and avoid the usual cattle marts..

Aubars and Nancys are spots for the late 20's to late 30's if i am not mistaken

Aubars is now catering for 18+ and nancys is great but its always so crowded

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

TheLoc wrote: »
    This is a fact bazz. the only way its going to attract loads of people is if it's actually unbelievably class. not like teds or whatever its called now. publicity stunt.

A little off topic but I was actually in Ted's (or Tatle Club as it is known now) last weekend with the girlfriend and they have given it a bit of a makeover. There is now a VIP area where dirty old married buisness men with a few quid to spend can now hang out and look important in there. It was funny watching the Delboy Trotters of this world being waited on by a young hostess who looked like she was sent there as punishment by her parents for dropping out of school.

That VIP area should be called the OAP area. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

Sounds like a break from the norm to me! No dance music, great! no scangers looking for tiesto or choons! sounds like a good place to try out. Like other posters I also feel old in d'icon or trooms so this may be just what we needed! Anyone know how to con an invite for the opening night please? :p

By the way, how posh is that? steaks til 1am and it's called a supper club!

Sounds like the type of place the rugby jocks might hang out though - only good thing about that is the following of brown thomas ladies that follow them....

id say ring them ,the ad on the post lists a number :061 481546 and ask for Sinead the nightclub manager as i said in the last posts very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Magicman1 wrote: »
    Sounds like the type of place the rugby jocks might hang out though - only good thing about that is the following of brown thomas ladies that follow them....

Fixed that for you;)

Wow, looking forward to giving this place a whirl.
    Us over 25/30's folk defo need somewhere to hangout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There's an awful smell of desperation off this thread.

Aidric wrote: »
    There's an awful smell of desperation off this thread.

Desperate for somewhere good to go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 your my lady

I'm surprised that s lot of people here seem to be buying this. This is just The Bank. They had a posh restaurant. That didn't work. They revampted it to a steak house. That didn't work. They changed it to a night club. That didn't work. They changed the name....and again. And it's a bit pathetic that they put out a rumour that some chic from Miami bought it. No doubt to create a glam buzz about the place. Sad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'm surprised that s lot of people here seem to be buying this. This is just The Bank. They had a posh restaurant. That didn't work. They revampted it to a steak house. That didn't work. They changed it to a night club. That didn't work. They changed the name....and again. And it's a bit pathetic that they put out a rumour that some chic from Miami bought it. No doubt to create a glam buzz about the place. Sad!!!

have to agree, and I'm usually ultra positive about any new development in Limerick.

I hope it's a big success, I'm a little surprised the Green rooms weren't, considering who was running it, but I expect it'll be the usual story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pam21

Ah guys yere a bit negative bout it aren`t ye !! well the ad looks different in the post and the bebo page looks nice and there going for an older crowd so maybe we should not be bringing up the greenhouse and other things that were there before??? Its a change and there providing a different venue for the city and if they werent it sounds like some of ye would just be complaining that there werent enough places to go .... sure its no harm on checking it out ... and i was talking to a work colleague today who explained that its true about the miami connection so i dont think its some hype the bank owners have put out .......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

got my invites anyway, so im gonna call up and try the steak at some stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pam21

Zuroph if you dont mind me asking , how did you go about getting an invite , would love to check it out ???;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

got invited for this weekend thru bebo, they added me. tis my birthday this weekend so we'll see what its like if i can get up there.

Advertisement